Match Thread ** Rangers v Motherwell - BetFred Cup Semi Final - BT Sports **

I struggle to see how Pedro gets the blame today. first half was total domination, take our chances and we're out of sight.

Players like windass carry the blame, Pedro wanted walker and board failed to back him.

The one major criticism you could throw at Pedro is the way we start 2nd half (been poor all season).

Those calling for his head, please come up with solutions.

I wish our fans would unite today and back Pedro.

As for the Ref, the less said the better. absoulety shocking. Would love the club to release a statement but fat chance of that happening.

That should be a sacking offense at a club like Rangers, don't care what anyone says.

We were promised a manager of the highest calibre - instead we get an unknown, plucked from sitting 6th in the Qatari league and who has achieved nothing of note in his career.

It's now glaringly obvious why his average time at any club is 15 months.

The board really fcuked up on this one.

The ref had a shocker, that's for sure. He totally lost control of the match.

Having said that, he could have sent off Alves as well as Moult and Bowman today. He was just dreadful.

We lost because we can't score in big games and Motherwell had a guy who is just a talented and natural out and out finisher. We still don't have one of them. Morelos isn't that guy, and neither are Peña and Herrera.

This really stinks of wrongness.

10861pt.gif[

We missed too many chances, but our players are better than those of Motherwell.

Didn't have the best seat in the stadium so missed some of the incidents. However I was not impressed by the referee.

The Motherwell player was all over Morelos and did not get booked for persistent fouling.

I struggle to see how Pedro gets the blame today. first half was total domination, take our chances and we're out of sight.

Players like windass carry the blame, Pedro wanted walker and board failed to back him.

The one major criticism you could throw at Pedro is the way we start 2nd half (been poor all season).

As for the Ref, the less said the better. absoulety shocking. Would love the club to release a statement but fat chance of that happening.
It's not up to the fans to come up with solutions. That's the board.

As for not blaming him for today, it's a combination of games . We haven't won one truly must win game under him. That doesn't just include old firm games, it includes games at Ibrox against newly promoted teams and a European game against the 3rd best team in luxembourg.

Some folk are kidding themselves that we “dominated” .

Take a look at the match stats.

The ref was useless. But he wasn’t the reason we had 44% possession.

The better team won. The ref was terrible but we should be able to beat Motherwell. Pena is never going to cut it in the huff and puff of Scottish football. Alves was poor, Dorrans & Jack missing, Windass was terrible.

This is Pedros team and tactics. Not good enough. He has to go. King must appoint a new manager because we are going nowhere with this guy in charge. Shame as he is a nice man. Rangers just to big for him.

I agree with the first part of your post. I strongly disagree with the second part.

People saying had we took our chances we'd have won. How long as Pedro been in charge? 8 months? And under his management we have not won 3 fucking matches in a row. Yes... Let that sink in. We're in October going into November soon and we still can't win three games in a row. It's Pedro's fault for that abysmal form. We should have buried those dorty bastards today, but wr didn't. We're an average team. Simple as that. That is not the remit for any Rangers manager. He was given more funds that the scum and we still struggle? What's it going to take, getting pumped of the sheep? We just lost to a team in motherwell who have a team that doesn't even cost a million pounds to assemble. Something is going badly wrong at Rangers!

We have been average since we got booted downstairs it is obvious we are not the strength we were at this time!

You can't back a manager that for 8 months has not been able to make his team win 3 games in a row. Is that how low we have sunk? Our standards have changed? 8 fucking months and he still can't get the team winning 3 on the bounce. What's your explanation for that?

I like Pedro and I wanted him to succeed just like every bear. But he's failed. Simple as that. Wake up, the board have fucked up. The scum are paying 2.3 million per year to a manager while we %^*& around and pay 875k on a manager who's cv was questionable before he even got the job. I rest my case.

Oh and what would be my solution? That's the baords job, they wanted the gig, they asked for the votes so they should find the solitions. But what I will say is we need a great manager. And for that we have to pay at least 1.5 million per year to 2 million or more just to get thr manager right. Thr manager is the most important figure at the club in terms of the football side. A great manager can get the correct players who want to play for him who knows what players he needs to win.

I would only give pass marks to John, Jack and Candeias.

The service to Morelos was awful, so tempted to excuse him.

You’re not going to win many games when over half the team aren’t at it.

We need to get back to teams being afraid of us, the way they are with the poets at the minute. Every team (rightly) believes they have a chance when they play us, no team is scared.

This and the last few teams for well documented reasons are imposters of what a Rangers team should be.

We have been average since we got booted downstairs it is obvious we are not the strength we were at this time!
We don't need to be the strength we was before being forced out the league. For this Motherwell team? The %^*& you on? They're average at best ffs. Our fucking reserves could have pumped this Motherwell team before we was booted out. We spent how much this year 8 to 10 million, not including wages and bonuses. We have a manager on nearly 900k compared to the Motherwell manager who is not even on a quarter of that, or has the budget. Explain that in plain English.

Steve Robinson's game plan "smash them in the face as much as possible". Brutal bastards.
And it worked. That's why they're in the final. The problem is we have better players in theory but we can't fucking win 3 games on the troat. That falls on Pedro, simple as that.

The thing is terrible refereeing decisions are nothing new. The difference is when they happened before we had a team capable of overcoming the odds and still getting the result. The semi final against the filth when Robertson was sent off after 6 minutes, or the 9 man league cup final win spring to mind.

I feel too much is being made of bad referees and is being used to defend the failings of our manager. We can't win 3 games in a row FFS. How many games do we lose goals in just after half time? Yes the ref was bad today but so were we.

I agree with some of what you say however back then we were a strong team we obviously have a way to go to get back up there after being weakened since being sent downstairs!

Almost every other SPFL team are fine tuning each summer.

We’ve rebuilt the whole team two summers running. It’s not just about the money it’s about stability.

I think Pedro has the right ideas but needs time. He seems to be a man of integrity and passion. He has an eye for a player and has blooded youth with some success.

It’s counter productive to remove him now. He should be given at least to the end of the season. Hindsight is great. Perhaps we should have used the money to buy Moult and Walker instead of Pena and Herrera. However we are where we are. This is why stability is so important.

Sensible head says persevere. We’re all disappointed but we can all see improvements. Not as much or as quickly as we want but it’s coming.

Unless there’s a new manager with a proven pedigree coming in with another £5-10m available to him we’re just on the merry go round again.

Let’s stick with him and save judgements until the season is over.

We don't need to be the strength we was before being forced out the league. For this Motherwell team? The %^*& you on? They're average at best ffs. Our fucking reserves could have pumped this Motherwell team before we was booted out. We spent how much this year 8 to 10 million, not including wages and bonuses. We have a manager on nearly 900k compared to the Motherwell manager who is not even on a quarter of that, or has the budget. Explain that in plain English.[/QUO]

Actually, we do and if we were we would be able to cope with poor ref decisions on top and still would have won but what you need to accept is we are an average team too! Btw I am on water I see clearly!

Almost every other SPFL team are fine tuning each summer.

We’ve rebuilt the whole team two summers running. It’s not just about the money it’s about stability.

I think Pedro has the right ideas but needs time. He seems to be a man of integrity and passion. He has an eye for a player and has blooded youth with some success.

It’s counter productive to remove him now. He should be given at least to the end of the season. Hindsight is great. Perhaps we should have used the money to buy Moult and Walker instead of Pena and Herrera. However we are where we are. This is why stability is so important.

Sensible head says persevere. We’re all disappointed but we can all see improvements. Not as much or as quickly as we want but it’s coming.

Unless there’s a new manager with a proven pedigree coming in with another £5-10m available to him we’re just on the merry go round again.

Let’s stick with him and save judgements until the season is over.

Would love to share your optimism, but he needs to go sooner rather than later.

He's failed at every hurdle. He's inept and way out of his depth.

As I mentioned earlier, 3 million for that donkey Pena, but refused to pay 1 million for Walker.

You need to wake up. We just got beat of a team that costs less than 1 million pounds sterling to assemble. We spent 8 to 10 million not including wages. We have a manager on 900k a year against a manager on not even a quarter of that. Yet.... We can't finish, we can't fight. The referee didn't help us. But with the resources we have we should have enoigh to finish these small teams off. But we're not. We haven't won 3 games in a row. Explain that without blaming the referees.

We can all make as many excuses as we like. Pedro is not the right man to take us forward. it's not working and i don't see how he can change it. the fact is we have a squad who cannot win 3 games in a row. We are delusional if we believe this will change. at 2-0 I am sitting saying if we get a goal we will come back and take it to extra time. I am fucking kidding myself on. he is not the man for the job and he should be relived of his duties before Wednesday night where another banana skin awaits.

Just back from the game,we dominated the first half and should have been 2 up maybe even 3,I know Jack knocked one off the line....Second half we lost a stupid goal with Alnwick at fault,you then saw their heads go down,for heavens a Rangers team with their heads down after going 1-0 down?.....They simply are not good enough,no excuses we are crap!!....How Pena,Cardeias,Morelos got any way near Rangers is a mystery?.....Our only decent signing is Alves....Our midfield is lightweight,and we must break the bank and go for Moult in January?.......As for Pedro he is not the man for the job...Tin hat on we must go for Mcinnes

Sadly, I have to say that's me done with Pedro.

Aye, the ref was a disgrace and we were kicked off the park, but we need to meet this shit head on. We should be running rings round these cloggers by playing, you know, football.

Hoofing the ball up the field played right into their hands. We got nowhere near them. They finished far stronger and looked for more.

We on the other hand looked clueless, We lacked direction and leadership, fight, guile, and tactical nous. We were gutless and didn't have a clue how to react after their first.

He's got to go I'm afraid.
Great post and I feel the same, they bullied us today, Motherwell bullied us ffs

Pedro to his credit accepted full blame for today and that is the right thing to say - that said hew must know he is not making a good fist of the job and if he is the gentleman we know him to be he ought offer his resignation tonight.

We are rank and I believe we not even the 3rd best team in Scotland even though we are and always will be the best club, a club that demands and deserves better.

The team most willing to fight for it, who really wanted it most and who would do anything to win the match did win it.
Yes, they went over what should be acceptable in the physical stuff, but we should be good enough and tough enough to dish it out back to them then let football win once we let them know we won't be bullied.

We have a team full of soft centred average players, and that is never going to cut it.

Another thing play your strongest team.

This rotation of the keepers is something that has crept into modern football, and for me isn’t necessary.

Wes is the no.1 and plays for me, you didn’t see the poets drop Gordon yesterday. Especially when we are still early stages with a new defence the keeper and centre halves should play together as much as possible to build an understanding.

Maybe Alnwick’s mistake will also stop the hysterical clamour for him to be our first choice every time he starts.

Let's also forget all this Walker and McLean talk, Simple fact is that much better quality than those are required to mount any sort of challenge in winning the league or winning cups.

We're in a total catch 22 position here, We get rid of the manager which means his backroom staff will also go and will cost the club a lot of cash and we'll still be left with all his players.

We bring a new manager in and he will more often than not want to bring his own players in and his backroom team, So we would have to pay Pedro and his backroom team off and also pay to bring a new guy in and his backroom team and i don't think we have the budget to commit to that at present and a new manager can also go tits up and back to square one.

So do we stick or twist ? We can't also afford to keep bringing in players who are not improving us, That's a position that will only see us go backwards and a total waste of money and wages, Money that we can ill afford to waste on average players.

We can't also keep changing managers every few months because things aren't working, The full responsibilty of that would be on those within the board who are bringing them in, I also would prefer to stick with players who can play the British game rather than bring in guys who struggle to adapt, It's all well and good in South America but Scottish football is right in your face.

Pedro has had the best part of £10m to spend, Spending that kind of money should easily see us out of sight with much better quality than most other teams outwith perhaps the unwashed and we shouldn't be struggling against the other teams.

Motherwell brought in the best part of 17 players in the summer and the vast majority were free transfers and all on a far less wage than our players, Watching today you could barely tell the difference between a team spending £10m and the other full of free transfers.

Simply not good enough and a decision will have to be made soon, Do we allow Pedro to continue to spend on yet more players with little difference or bite the bullet and bring someone else in.

Simply not good enough given what we have spent.

I scunnered at the moment but what do we do?

Get rid of Pedro and then another manager comes in, gets backed then gets sacked and the merry-go-round starts all over again?

Pedro was a strange appointment in the first place.

Any videos of the morelos incident where hes clean through? Didn't have a great view at hampden ( as usual ) but looked to be clear through and brought down?

1 fucking laughable assertion, he admits in his own interview its his responsibility

2 get a new manager

end of story
Dead easy isn't it ? It's always the managers responsibility and players also can play a big part in getting managers sacked, But it always falls back on the manager.

We aren't exactly rolling in cash and there isn't a queue of good managers lining up for the job, Bringing a new manager in and paying off the old one cost's a lot of cash, But something that some on here think isn't a problem, We don't have a magic wand and sometimes mistakes are made before you get it right.

I love all those shouting about getting rid of Pedro but they all fail to tell us all who is going to come in and make a difference as well as telling us where all the money is coming from, You can't just say get rid of the manager without backing up what happens next.

All this pish that we dominated the first half just look at the best chances in the first half? Both fell to Motherwell.

Our finishing is woeful and we rely on Morelos too much.

Any videos of the morelos incident where hes clean through? Didn't have a great view at hampden ( as usual ) but looked to be clear through and brought down?

It looked like he was taken out but hard to tell for sure from where I was sitting.

it was like craig gordon's kung fu kick , waist high

its possibly the worst refereeing decision you'll ever see

Too lightweight in key positions,penna invisible today,widass headless chicken could have and should have won us the game,bossed by hammer throwers with less technical ability,but "wanted "it so much more than us,then having to listen to mutton rant on about Pedro out!,and craigans condescending pish.

All this pish that we dominated the first half just look at the best chances in the first half? Both fell to Motherwell.

Our finishing is woeful and we rely on Morelos too much.

I can't help feeling Pena is ruining Morelos runs, he keep taking up space in the middle and Morelos is shifting out to the right. Get Pena out of the team, he is not helping us in any way.

Yeah he scored a few goals, but other than that he is honking.

Another thing play your strongest team.

This rotation of the keepers is something that has crept into modern football, and for me isn’t necessary.

Wes is the no.1 and plays for me, you didn’t see the poets drop Gordon yesterday. Especially when we are still early stages with a new defence the keeper and centre halves should play together as much as possible to build an understanding.

Maybe Alnwick’s mistake will also stop the hysterical clamour for him to be our first choice every time he starts.
You missed the top drawer save in the 1St half I take it?

You missed the top drawer save in the 1St half I take it?
No it was a great save!

The problem is though it doesn’t take away from the fact his mistake cost us the key opening goal.

I’ve nothing against Alnwick I think he is a decent back-up, my point was more I think Wes as the no.1 should have started the game. I felt the same when we played Gilks last year, I just don’t buy into rotation of the keepers for cup games, especially when we want to get a settled back four and keeper.

I also don’t think Wes has done much to be dropped and didn’t understand the point of view Alnwick should replace him off the back of his performance in a couple of cup games.

Steve Robinson's game plan "smash them in the face as much as possible". Brutal bastards.
And yet in the final they will not put in one tackle, will not lay a finger on any of the Scum players and will lie down and accept their inevitable defeat. The filth will be allowed to pass the ball all over the park while Motherwell sit back and watch.

Back