Match Thread ** Rangers v Motherwell - BetFred Cup Semi Final - BT Sports **

And yet in the final they will not put in one tackle, will not lay a finger on any of the Scum players and will lie down and accept their inevitable defeat. The filth will be allowed to pass the ball all over the park while Motherwell sit back and watch.
This all day long guaranteed....

And yet in the final they will not put in one tackle, will not lay a finger on any of the Scum players and will lie down and accept their inevitable defeat. The filth will be allowed to pass the ball all over the park while Motherwell sit back and watch.

If they did this time we will see the ref take action against Motherwell players because they will be playing against their bosses team am I right?

Almost every other SPFL team are fine tuning each summer.

We’ve rebuilt the whole team two summers running. It’s not just about the money it’s about stability.

I think Pedro has the right ideas but needs time. He seems to be a man of integrity and passion. He has an eye for a player and has blooded youth with some success.

It’s counter productive to remove him now. He should be given at least to the end of the season. Hindsight is great. Perhaps we should have used the money to buy Moult and Walker instead of Pena and Herrera. However we are where we are. This is why stability is so important.

Sensible head says persevere. We’re all disappointed but we can all see improvements. Not as much or as quickly as we want but it’s coming.

Unless there’s a new manager with a proven pedigree coming in with another £5-10m available to him we’re just on the merry go round again.

Let’s stick with him and save judgements until the season is over.

Sorry mate, but that's the some of biggest pile of rubbish I've read!

"Eye for a player".......you're having a laugh surely?

"Blooded youth with success"...........McCorrie apart, who else is making the match squad and getting game time on a regular basis?

What good is keeping a manager that it flucking clueless and can't even get the squad fit just for the sake of stability?

It’s results we want. In the real big games under Pedro we have failed on 4 occasions. Not good enough and not acceptable for me as a lifelong Rangers fan. I’m not sure what the answer is but right now it certainly isn’t what we have right now. We are rangers, mediocrity just isn’t an option.

Pedro needs to go. It’s as clear as night follows day!

Wishing a likeable guy (who’s got all the sound bites) will succeed won’t make it so.

So far we’ve failed in every big game of his tenure. He should’ve gone after Euro exit, but board indulged him. I can’t believe the level of support preservering with him gets on here.

Any new manager coming in will face the same problems.

Teams really raise their game against us in comparison to their efforts against the rest (including Celtic and Aberdeen).

The officials in this country are shit scared to give us big decisions and at the same time give the opposition almost every 50/50 call.

Until we spend big on the squad we will not be good enough to surmount both of those issues.

It's bizarre to see so many still backing Pedro. Why? He's a complete fraud.

As for 'always changing manager' - isn't that why we have DoF now? When will finally see club arranging its football business and seeing first team coach as just that? Why the f*** would a new manager get to buy an entirely new team?!

still scunnered but let's be realistic and stop pretending Pedro is 'unlucky'...

Pedro needs to go. It’s as clear as night follows day!

Wishing a likeable guy (who’s got all the sound bites) will succeed won’t make it so.

So far we’ve failed in every big game of his tenure. He should’ve gone after Euro exit, but board indulged him. I can’t believe the level of support preservering with him gets on here.

Nail on head mate get him out now.

The only thing I enjoyed about today was getting the drop on the Well fan's display and taking the piss out of it the way the mentally challengeds did with ours at Ibrox - they had Steelmen on to Victory on their banner and ours read Steelmen on to Misery RFC 27 - 1 MFC.

It's bizarre to see so many still backing Pedro. Why? He's a complete fraud.

As for 'always changing manager' - isn't that why we have DoF now? When will finally see club arranging its football business and seeing first team coach as just that? Why the f*** would a new manager get to buy an entirely new team?!

still scunnered but let's be realistic and stop pretending Pedro is 'unlucky'...

Nail on head,

Just back home from Hampden and it's interesting to see the observations on the referee from others on this board. Most of them mirror my own and I commented after the game that Motherwell's brutal tactics would not be tolerated by the referee in the final against that mob. It definitely is open season on Rangers players these days and referees seem to be prepared to permit 'challenges' on our players that should not only merit red cards but in some instances in previous seasons may also have roused the interest of the local constabulary. Any neutral watching that game today would be shocked that eleven Motherwell players remained on the pitch. It would be no shock to any Rangers supporter who has been watching how our games have been refereed this season.

Which is exactly what Celtic and their lickspittle media want to happen to ensure year on year dominance.
Or stick with a totally inept manager which will ensure year in year dominance for Celtic. I'd suggest totally forgetting about Celtic and do what is best for Rangers. If you have the chance of making a final and lose to Motherwell then I'd be honest enough to admit that change us required.

Just back home from the game, time to think during the 230 mile drive home, we had a couple of chances, we got bullied by a team of giants, after their first goal, we were done for. The ref was rank rotten and gave us nowt, (seems to be a trend here) very gutted tonight.
We are far too meek when it comes to complaining about the crooked referee's, it's high time we start shouting the injustice, it works well for the filth. We were just not at it at all today, no where near good enough, worst since the Euro match.
So what now DK?

Not sure what Pedro has done to warrant all this backing from fans. His results in the "big" games barring the Aberdeen away which wa extremely lucky in my view, have been awful, his signings are poor, he's erratic and says stupid things that barely make any sense. After the drubbing at hampden and Ibrox last season I knew he wasn't the man for the job. Progres then 100% confirmed that for me. Has to go, but who replaces him.... who knows.

It’s results we want. In the real big games under Pedro we have failed on 4 occasions. Not good enough and not acceptable for me as a lifelong Rangers fan. I’m not sure what the answer is but right now it certainly isn’t what we have right now. We are rangers, mediocrity just isn’t an option.

As a lifelong fan you should know better, you and many others seem to think we are an above average team when the reality is we have not been that since been thrown out of the top league and weakened at the same time! It has taken a few years to get back to the top league as if by magic as soon as we got back many prematurely thought we were back at the level we were before being thrown out though regarding results there can be no denying the impact of ridiculously bad official decisions on some of these games that is a fact!

Mediocrity is exactly where we were thrust to upon being thrown out it is where we had to fight back from since and that was not an option either! It is simply not enough to say we are rangers well not till at least we get back to that level, not league but level within the top league that we were accustomed to before all the madness consumed our club!

We are all hurting as we do with any defeat, you say and like many too that you do not know the answer and believe it is not what we have now, I say the answer is certainly not to rip up and start again for each time we do we weaken ourselves financially and on the park! Yes, there is plenty of room for improvement and many of us do see improvement outwith some bad results, one transfer window is not enough for any manager, we need to persevere until at least the end of the season imho!

"inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome" Bill Struth

Any new manager coming in will face the same problems.

Teams really raise their game against us in comparison to their efforts against the rest (including Celtic and Aberdeen).

The officials in this country are shit scared to give us big decisions and at the same time give the opposition almost every 50/50 call.

Until we spend big on the squad we will not be good enough to surmount both of those issues.
This has always been the case but we won anyway. We are not good enough at the moment to mount an effective challenge.
Pedro has been here since March and the quest to win 3 games in a row starts all over again. Just let that sink in.

This has always been the case but we won anyway. We are not good enough at the moment to mount an effective challenge.
Pedro has been here since March and the quest to win 3 games in a row starts all over again. Just let that sink in.

Yes, it does though I suppose that bogey would have been done by now depending on how you look at the Hibs game and the way that was officiated by that referee, same with yesterday's game I guess?

a manager that keeps picking windass a manager that keeps playing one man up front all alone and as for pena we were conned by that transfer fee. The wee man up front must have been sick of all those high balls that were directed at him we were bullied after 20 mins dorrand and jack were posted missing, tav had a nightmare to no more excuses.

I think this is the most down I've felt about a game for a long time. We were sat just to the side of the Motherwell goal in the first half and felt we should have been two or three up. I don't know what the answer is. I'm not even sure I want Pedro to go yet As I think he should get a full season. Gutted.

In the past we had a vastly superior/more expensive squad when compared to the rest (outwith Celtic).

Now we have a few journeymen, some youngsters and some real duds.

We will continue to struggle until the board spend real money on quality additions. Whether Pedro is in charge or not.

That was grim as fk. Felt very much like last season where we were dominating games but not scoring, and the opposition were making the most of what little chances they did create. Ref had a stinker, but it shouldn't matter. Don't like picking individuals out, but thought Pena had his worst game for us yet. Invisible for most of the first half, and unable to intercept or hold the ball when trying to get involved.

Gong to Luxembourg and seeing a pathetic Rangers display over there was bad enough, pre booking and forking out £465 for a non existent game in Cyprus was worse, but that was my own fault for tempting fate and have no qualms in blaming myself for that one.

Right now, I've rarely felt so low about a Rangers team- and I'm old enough to remember days of 10,000 Ibrox crowds and finishing 5th in the mid 1980's!

Again, I've spent a lot of money to follow Rangers this weekend. £146 return flights, £70 hotel, £30 match ticket and that's before any beer money.

I'm done for this season I'm afraid. Luxembourg two legs, Cyprus, Sheffield (which WAS worth it) and now yesterday has taken it's toll.

The dosh I've spent this season so far, I could have had a 5 star hotel fortnight All Inclusive holiday to just about anywhere in the planet for what I've spent.

I really wanted Pedro to work, but he is not going to bring us back the success our fantastic support DESERVE. Most of his signings regrettably - just do not CARE enough and are talentless when the going gets tough. Even taking into account a joe hunt of a Referee who let Motherwell get away with murder unchallenged.

Pedro's team cannot get anywhere near the Yahoos in the games we've played under his command. We've lost at home to an Aberdeen team for the first time since 1991, knocked out of Europe by the FOURTH best side in effing LUXEMBOURG and now yesterday, outmuscled by Motherwell in another big game.

His time is up for me. I do not have any answers.

Rant over Luton not so Loyal today.

They really don't though.

The reality is that we are not very good at the moment and where, in the past, we had a psychological edge over other sides that would help us through that has disappeared as well.

Back