Match Thread ** Rangers v Motherwell - RangersTV.tv - 19:45 K.O. **

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
Hli1kHW.png

Last edited:
Not going to attempt to predict the result. Every game I’ve thought we would toil in, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen .... we’ve won

The “ gimmes” we’ve lost or drawn.

I simply hope we play well and carry some level of confidence into Saturday’s game. Also, no injuries tonight please.

9ne more goal than them tonight please

Been looking at our results this season - Apart from the first Progress game where we won 1-0, and the first Hibs game, where we lost 2-3, if we do not score at least 2 goals we will not win the game. Failing to score, or scoring just 1 leads to a defeat or a draw every time.

edit - forgot the 2-2 draw with Partick Thistle.

Last edited:
Motherwell are on a shocking run. Seems since the cup final they’ve gone backwards.
We are rollercoaster. Let’s hope tonight is a going night.
Not sure what kind of turnout to expect tonight. 30,000 plus? 35?

Dreading this but ill be there as always, i have a feeling we will dig out a win

I'm struggling to remember the last time I was as this little motivated to get my ass up the motorway to a game.

I can see the thinking behind starting Kranjcar, if he wasn't completely finished. We have zero creativity in the midfield with Dorrans injured, absolutely none.

Holt, Jack & McCrorie offer us a bit of energy and bite, but none of them have the technique or eye for a defence splitting pass.

A shame that he'll be puffing out his arse about 25 minutes in.

Will be interesting to see Herrera and Morelos getting a decent bit of time to play together if that line up turns out to be true. I wouldn't have expected Murty to drop Windass though.

If that 11 is right, we can say with some certainty Pena will not start another game under the current manager.

Haven't been impressed by Herrera at all. Last home game against St Johnstone he spent more time fannying about with his gloves than actually playing

I can see the thinking behind starting Kranjcar, if he wasn't completely finished. We have zero creativity in the midfield with Dorrans injured, absolutely none.

Holt, Jack & McCrorie offer us a bit of energy and bite, but none of them have the technique or eye for a defence splitting pass.

A shame that he'll be puffing out his arse about 25 minutes in.

I tend to agree with you on this mate.

Kranjcar playing at the tip of the diamond will mean he'll have minimal defensive duties and despite his lack of 'legs' he still retains great creative ability,something we've been seriously lacking.

It's well worth a go for me, especially if we're starting Morelos and Herrera.

If that 11 is right, we can say with some certainty Pena will not start another game under the current manager.[/QUOTE/]
There should be a few players not starting another game before even getting to Pena.

Will be interesting to see Herrera and Morelos getting a decent bit of time to play together if that line up turns out to be true. I wouldn't have expected Murty to drop Windass though.

Windass is suspended mate.

Mon the Gers just do it.

You owe us a great performance lads, time to give the support a lift.

2-0 or better tonight please.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

gif hosting

That’s the tweet in full

As it states, team news isn’t confirmed & just rumoured

Same as before with Alves missing Pittodrie etc

It’s an interesting 11 potentially that’s for sure

But as the squad are facing a bit of a shake up in next few weeks, it certainly gives more than 1 clue that’s for sure

I'm assuming it's a 4-4-2 diamond like the 2 games v Aberdeen?

So early team news suggests starts for Alves, Jack, Krancjar & Eduardo Herrera for tonights game.

11 rumoured to be Foderingham, Tavernier, Wilson, Alves, John, McCrorie, Jack, Holt, Kranjcar, Herrera & Morelos.

https://twitter.com/4Ladhadadream/status/945941423731421184

Wow - not a smidgen of width or pace... who needs such things huh?

Can we make it three defeats on the bounce?

As it's the season of goodwill, I'm feeling positive so I'm going for 1-1.

Last edited:

gif hosting

That’s the tweet in full

As it states, team news isn’t confirmed & just rumoured

Same as before with Alves missing Pittodrie etc

It’s an interesting 11 potentially that’s for sure

But as the squad are facing a bit of a shake up in next few weeks, it certainly gives more than 1 clue that’s for sure
Can see why Pena would be a goner the situation with Cardoso is a strange one though. Is he for the off as well mate?

Motherwell are dangerous and most of their chances come from fast wide men. Surprised how pish they have been. Playing the diamond will allow them the width that they want.

Motivation is at a low for me but sure that'll change as kick off looms. Is it not a sell out?

Been looking at our results this season - Apart from the first Progress game where we won 1-0, and the first Hibs game, where we lost 2-3, if we do not score at least 2 goals we will not win the game. Failing to score, or scoring just 1 leads to a defeat or a draw every time.

Crazy stat, because we’ve put in some really good defensive displays. Like every area of the pitch, just far too inconsistent though.

Worth noting that Motherwell are in a bit of a freefall and won't have Moult. Not that it makes me any more confident :D

Motherwell are dangerous and most of their chances come from fast wide men. Surprised how pish they have been. Playing the diamond will allow them the width that they want.

Motivation is at a low for me but sure that'll change as kick off looms. Is it not a sell out?

Or perhaps it means they need to rethink their game plan and not leave themselves exposed in the middle. Maybe Murty isn’t as clueless as some think?

With respect, we shouldn’t be worrying about what Motherwell do when they come to Ibrox. The Sheep play with width and we used this system. We won both games easily.

How’s that for positive? :D

Or perhaps it means they need to rethink their game plan and not leave themselves exposed in the middle. Maybe Murty isn’t as clueless as some think?

With respect, we shouldn’t be worrying about what Motherwell do when they come to Ibrox. The Sheep play with width and we used this system. We won both games easily.

How’s that for positive? :D

I like it mate, keep sharing it haha.

If Pena doesn't start tonight it's obvious he never will under Murty, which is a shame because when he is on it he is the best footballer at the club. Guess we'll need to get used to him shoehorning his pals in

This is the first in a long time i’ve not looked forward to our game. I’m hoping for a 3-0 win(nae laughing) and a nice sore one on that prick Bowman.

Depends if we get a bid

Between loans getting cancelled, loans returning & players coming in - I fully expect as much a turnaround as high as 10 players
All without a manager it’s madness for me as we’ll have the same turnover when we get a real manager in.

The trouble with Murty is he cannot handle too many Foreign Players for a start he has not paired Cardoza with Alves when they were together our defence was more solid also can't work out why no Pena he wipes the floor with the likes of holt who most of the time runs about like a headless chicken,he relies to much on the youngsters which brings out the u20 coach in him he still has a few years yet before he can step up to become a real manager.

A good positive win rangers,sets us up with a bit of hope for our next away game,3-0 to the famous!

Depends if we get a bid

Between loans getting cancelled, loans returning & players coming in - I fully expect as much a turnaround as high as 10 players

Another rebuild job for the summer when next season starts, for a manager who isn't even here yet. :(

Back