Match Thread ** Rangers v Motherwell - RangersTV.tv - 19:45 K.O. **

A shut out......Wes might get some peace tonight. :p

Well done Rangers, well done all who were able to attend.

Murty call that shower out now that we won....hammer throwers.
CO do your job.

The only one he might can call out is the tackle on Jack and no doubt cheatin will say he saw it.

Has Krancjar played his way into the team for Saturday? Would be tempted to pack the midfield and play him at the tip of a 5 behind Morelos

Good win eventually. McCrorie and Barjonas give us hope. As does Morelos. Credit to Danny Wilson for popping up with another very good goal too. Alves as captain makes sense to me also, he’s a proper leader in my humble opinion.

Jack’s injury looked a worrying one though, I hope he’s ok for the weekend but it looks doubtful.

Cheating Beaton strikes again!!
Good second half. Thought Herrera put in a shift throughout, not the best player we have had but he stuck to his task and must have been fouled at least 6 times.

Wilson and Alves the stand outs for me tonight though.

RTV.... Terrible commentary through out.

We played well in the 2nd half and I was impressed with Barjonas, he has the ability to be a first pick for us. Now for the Tim slaying on Saturday, bring them on.

I don't know if I've had one too many sherries but that was so unspeakably shite. One of the worst rangers sides in my lifetime. I'm 32

Kranjcar?

200.gif

A few humble pies to be had in the first 4 or so pages in this thread.

Folk who know little about football would do well to keep such strong opinions in their head and not voice them so publicly, otherwise risking yourself to look incredibly stupid.

Good second half
First a wee bit too slow in possession but Morelos should do better
Like Barjonas looks to go forward quickly an seems to get shots off around the box when he gets the chance

Good win eventually. McCrorie and Barjonas give us hope. As does Morelos. Credit to Danny Wilson for popping up with another very good goal too. Alves as captain makes sense to me also, he’s a proper leader in my humble opinion.

Jack’s injury looked a worrying one though, I hope he’s ok for the weekend but it looks doubtful.

Jack looked in an awful lot of pain. If he's back for the Scottish Cup tie I will be happy. Don't see any way he will make the DhimDome.

Same option, turn it down then, plenty of folk on here fund Andy Walker and Sutton's wages and come on here and moan about them, at least the RTV guys are Bears :cool:
Hard to turn it down when I'm not watching it but I have heard them before and their commentaries are always pish. And I don't fund walker or Sutton's wages because I don't pay for BT or Sky.

Two fantastic strikes, clean sheet and a win.

I wouldn't expect any one at Rangers to call out the officiating or challenges on our players as every one at Rangers is soft.

Robertson's comment about his family being at the sheep game was the final nail for me.

What did you do? Turn the sound down? Fck off?

• FYI We signed Davie Robertson From the Sheep, he was a sheep and his family were sheep and he won 6 league titles with The Rangers. So what's wrong with his sheep family going to watch them? All your family Bears? all at Ibrox Tonight?

Feared the worst based on 1st half performance but Danny's goal seemed to get the Ibrox monkey off the team's back.

"Ryan Jack was returning from suspension for the visit of the Steelmen but lasted just 38 minutes. Ibrox fell nearly silent when the midfielder went down writhing in pain just before the break. Kipre appeared to have gone in studs up on Jack’s left knee after a mistimed challenge."

What chance do you have when the official website quotes mistimed? Jeezus.

Decent second half but worrying how inconsistent we are within games let alone game to game

Really like Barjonas, cultured player, really comfortable on the ball, could have a proper talent there

Only seen the second half today, thought we played well but not great.

Glad to see the diamond back as not only does it seem to get best out of Pena it does same for Niko going by todays game.

Also more importantly McCrorie playing behind the midfield two means we are actually competing in there, which we all to often fail to do.

Just back, so I've yet to review their thuggery, but on 1st sight, I thought Well were dirty bastards, facilitated by Beaton. Again.

Two fantastic strikes, clean sheet and a win.

I wouldn't expect any one at Rangers to call out the officiating or challenges on our players as every one at Rangers is soft.
This is said as if it’s something new.
I’ve never known a Rangers board under any chairmanship calling out officialdom.

For me the difference between both halves is me matched then physically in the 2nd and Beaton done his job.

Have we ever seen a team so full of hammer throwers. It's very difficult to keep a passing game going when you just get flattened as you try to make ground.

Beaton isn't fit for purpose, but we knew that before the kick off.

All in all we did well to keep our heads, and score two decent goals.

Hope Jack's injury isn't as serious as it seemed, he looked in a bad way on that stretcher.

Fourth official thought Kipres tackle was a collision - aye very good more like a fecking ram raid.

A very dire win but much needed 3points.NK simply can't start again as his legs are absolutely gone.Herrera gave us a wee lift imo.

Just got the result(been working)
Not too bad a score. And a Feckin clean sheet to boot. Thought they'd be outlawed down Govan way! Still fear a humping against the puddle drinkers. But as always I'll be backing the Sons of William to shine through. Keep the Faith Fellow Bears.
Keep the Faith.;);)

Not the nicest of performances, but three points and a clean sheet.

Once again though, cowardice and incompetence from Beaton were a major feature of the game.

First half was very worrying. No real tactics and struggled to create chances. Also Motherwell were poor but could easily have scored. Second half was much better. Niko, Alves and Wilson were all positives for me.

We weren't great in the first half - didn't keep the ball on the deck, allowed Motherwell to dictate the game's style and pace and we didn't put much together. Second half, we kept the ball on the deck, passed well, and our movement was much better because we were controlling the game. Wilson's goal definitely helped take the pressure off a bit and we were very comfortable from then on, other than one Motherwell chance.

Barjonas looked neat and tidy but I don't think he's at the stage where he's going to take the game by the scruff of the neck and boss the midfield. Niko was much better than expected and should probably play some part in the game vs Celtic. Herrera wasn't great in the first half but he grew into the game and ended up playing reasonably well in the second half. I think if he had a run of a few games together, that he might come on to a game. We don't have the luxury of playing anything other than our best team right now though.

Looking ahead I think both Niko and Herrera are not mobile and fit enough for this Saturday. I don't think either of them actually played well - they just played a bit better than they normally do. That nowadays in our team might pass for playing well, but for me they will be out of their depth physically on Saturday.

Was at the game tonight, very happy with 2-0. Niko and Herrera were tough to watch at times and the whole first half was frustrating, from the ref allowing hammer throwers to elbow everyone wearing blue to the way we allowed them to control situations.

The second half was a massive improvement and we earned the goals; Herrera did grow into the game but in the last 25 mins and Niko looked as though he wanted to play the whole 90 but lacked pace and was sluggish, I don't know how we can expect much more looking at the amount of games he's played and his fitness.

Danny Wilson has been shown plenty of effort in a fair few games this season and looks a good player to have performing well going into the O.F on Saturday, his goal was excellent.

Happy Bear tonight.

They have plenty of competition for sure but Motherwell must surely win the hammer throwers of the SPL award. It's sly foul, elbow, etc,etc the whole game. That being said I thought we were no better than usual first half and we started looking a bit better when the spaces opened up in the second. Still it's three points and that's the most important thing right now.

Back