Match Thread Rangers v NK Maribor - 19:45 Thursday 9th - RangersTV.tv (UK as well)

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
cchTFKn.png

I'm all for Rangers TV and giving money to the club but all I ever see is folk moaning about the quality and loosing picture.

Is it worth signing up?

Been watching games on RTV for years and the only time I have had any issues was down to my internet not being fast enough. There are other threads about this topic on the board, so please use them for further discussion, this is the Match Thread, thank you.

At the risk of a verbal battery from Doc, do we know if any foreign networks have it? I’m in Menorca and was hoping to watch in the boozer with the wee lad

Jack will be a big miss if he's out but a midfield of Arfield/Coulikante/Ejaria is solid enough, assuming McCrorie isn't available again.

Kent and Candeias back on the wings?

I will be happy with another clean sheet. Id like to think we will score but I dont know anything about Maribor other than what others have said that they are a step up from last week

Our toughest game of the season so far.

Really important we keep a clean sheet and don't let them get an away goal.

Even a 0-0 wouldn't be the worst result as a score draw next week would take us through.

A clean sheet tomorrow is vital.Really looking forward to the game.Finish work,couple of pints in The Union Bar and off to Ibrox.Carlsberg Thursday.:D

I think it will be another close tense game. I'm going for a 1-0 Rangers victory.
Katic to score from a set piece.
Let's Go!

Fuckin buzzing for this, we get through and the momentum for this season will be insane.

Send on the Slovenians :D:D

Tomorrow night Ibrox will be buzzing , full house and a team that won’t be bullied any more. Let’s go Rangers !!

Hopefully tomorrow we can make a really strong start and put this one to bed at home. I suspect Maribor will be another level above Osijek, so we will need to take our chances.

Hope the aberdeen game pumps them up rather than deflates them, that fucking goal at the end must have been a killer for them.

I'm hopeful we can get a good result here. Maybe a 1-0 or 2-0. I know that progress in the Europa league would be financially beneficial, but I wouldn't want that to be to the detriment of our league campaign. We need to focus on domestic success primarily. I think we'll easily take care of the other teams in the league, but we need to beat them. I mean we need to put them to the sword.

McGregor
Tav Goldson Katic Flanno
Mccrorie
Coulibally Arfield
Candeias Morelos Kent

Let's Go Rangers⚪

I don’t feel as tense as last round. For me this is a free hit - a win would obviously be fantastic but going out dramatically increases our chances of winning the league as it looks like the mhanky mob will be playing catch up every Sunday. This relaxed attitude will last about 5min into game! 2-0 or 2-1 us.

A fast start tonight could be crucial.

An early goal and Ibrox will be rocking, if we can use that momentum to go 2-0 up we have a good chance of progression because we can then sit in and pick them off on the counter.

Ryan Jack will be a huge miss though.

I don’t feel as tense as last round. For me this is a free hit - a win would obviously be fantastic but going out dramatically increases our chances of winning the league as it looks like the mhanky mob will be playing catch up every Sunday. This relaxed attitude will last about 5min into game! 2-0 or 2-1 us.
I get this attitude but the financial boost of EL group stages is massive to us where we are at the moment.
PLus with the EPL window closing today we may yet pick up a loan player or two if we are likely to offer that opportunity & have the extra cash to fund it.

I think we might need 2-0 tonight to see this through next week.

1-0 would be fine. Need, as a support, be patient and not get on the team's back if it is 0-0 after 70 minutes.

I fancy Morelos to score, he will be fired up after the weekend.

Bricking it already.

With the draws having been relatively kind, and the tantalising possibility of qualifying for the group stages, I'm getting even more nervous.
We're so close, it would be gutting to miss out.

So, Rangers, can I have a 3-0 win tonight to ease the nerves please?

Morelos x2 and Arfield.

Absolutely buzzing for this tomorrow. Massive game!

It is absolutely massive, we get past Maribor and I think we are one foot in the group stages.

Getting that far sees our expenditure for players covered, that would see us in a great position.

Come on lads, get this result it is vital.

Can't see this as other than a nail biting 90 minutes. I doubt that Maribor are much better than Osijek even so 1-0 would be a great score to take away.

Can't wait for this. Will be a tough match but hopefully we can start well and the crowd/players feed off the atmosphere at the start.

Back