Match Thread Rangers v NK Maribor - 19:45 Thursday 9th - RangersTV.tv (UK as well)

For years we've been absolutely horrendous after half time following a good first half. Every game under Gerrard, we've come out after the break blowing teams away.

When this side takes a hit, it keeps fucking coming. Immense performance and huge result.

When we eventually 'click', many teams will take a hit.

And a sore one at that.

I hope it begins on 2nd September.

But earlier will be fine by me.

Fantastic second half. Still a little sloppy in possession at times but what a difference in this team from last season. I hope we don't just park the bus over there, we're better than them and should manage goal. I think one goal for us over there seals the tie.

Great performance from the Teddies tonight :)

Superb throughout the team. It’s just a pity we gave up the away goal but that third goal for us could prove vital. That minute of play prior to halftime when we had the goal disallowed and they went up the field and scored would have destroyed Rangers teams of the last four year. What a sucker punch. However the Gers came out like tigers in that second half, played some superb football, and by the end 3-1 flattered Maribor. Hopefully the two goal lead will be enough to see us through next week.

The whole side played well as a team, there were no real failures tonight. MOTM? Koulibally, Tavernier, Morelos, take your pick, I wouldn’t disagree with any of them. However Koulibally for me just shades it. He was everywhere and topped it off with the vital third goal.

It’s becoming a real joy to watch Rangers these days. Onwards and upwards!

Brilliant Rangers, thank you for these Europa performances. This is the way it's supposed to be.
If there are three things I've noticed most about this team, that previous Rangers teams didn't match up to, they are work rate, energy and executing tactics effectively. There were times tonight it looked like we had more players than Maribor. We were prepared to do much more in the game than they were.
Maribor are still a very good team, and we'll need to keep our wits about us in the second leg. But we're more than capable to reach the 4th qualifier.
I love it when Rangers play this good, everything in life just seems happier:)

that was a great result and the atmosphere was as good as ive seen in years big thank you to SG the team and just as important the fans :)

still a work in progress ,but clear to see we are moving very well in the right direction,, may be a month or 6 weeks yet before we really click and push on,, when we do we should be a match for everyone up here,,

Not felt like this in a very very long time.
Magnificent all of them, Mind Jack & our new left back still to add to that and probably 2 more signings.
Where the fuk is Stevie taking us on this Express!!

Absolutely delighted with that second half performance.
Our fantastic manager deserves great credit for this result.
He really fired up the players and they delivered big time.

Was in BF1.... Feck me... Bouncing!

Brilliant night Rangers.... Previous teams would have shat that... Would have crumbled under the pressure... Not this team and not this manager.

Tactically aware, not scared to change it, and definitely getting everything from those players.

Coulibally should be signed ASAP if possible

Love all our new players, the two centre halves esp big CG are top drawer. Their understanding already with McGregor is superb. Those three are on the same wavelength as each other. Years we have been crying out for this.

We were great tonight! Next week we go to Slovenia for the return leg. I think we can take care of them routinely, but if for some reason they get past us in this tie, I won't be too fussed. I'm convinced that we're on our way to 55 in the next year or two. That's our priority.

What a night, we fairly rolled the years back and wow! We still have work to do of course, but we can all be incredibly proud of our team. And our manager Mr Gerrard showed what a class act he is by waiting at the touchline after the final whistle to shake the hand of every Maribor player as they came off. You can't buy class. Well played Rangers!

Back