Match Thread Rangers v NK Maribor - 19:45 Thursday 9th - RangersTV.tv (UK as well)

What a day...just, what a day!

Kept our Captain and take a 2 goal cushion into the second leg against a team that are undoubtedly even more proficient than we faced in the previous round.

Nothing is done yet, but I truly feel like the Rangers are back! Gerrard has instilled a pride and fight in the team which we have not possessed for too many a year now!

Night night Bears, good times are ahead mark my words!

Enjoyed the performance tonight.

Still room for improvement but heading comfortably in the right direction.

The 3rd goal was very important.

That was fantastic tonight. Best performance and atmosphere in a long, long time. We are back.

Hopefully Ryan Jack will be back next week to help us finish the job.

Kerrydale Meltdown‏ @KerryFail 36m36 minutes ago
Can hear Ibrokes fi ma hoose, makes me sick
1f922.png
had ti shut the curtains

That was brilliant.

From sitting in Ibrox 4 years ago watching us huff and puff against shite like Alloa and Cowdenbeath to deservedly beating a Champions League team like Maribor tonight.

We lose sight of it because of all the talk about the mentally challengeds going for 10, etc - but we have come a hell of a long way in a relatively short space of time.

I'm getting ahead of myself but actually reaching the Europa League group stages after having to play 4 rounds (3 of them unseeded) would be a brilliant achievement.

Morelos and Coulibaly were outstanding, but a lot of the others weren't firing on all cylinders and we won 3-1 against a team with recent Champions League experience. The management team deserve enormous credit for that.

Thought we were excellent at times tonight. What a magnificent second half performance.
The crowd was excellent, the players worked, chased and harried everything. Fantastic performance.
When Jack, Dorrans and Rossiter are fit we have quality cover in the middle.
A new centre half and a bit of cover up front and I think we will not only provide a challenge but we can win the league this year. Absolutely!
Fantastic work rate and team work. Players who know what’s expected of them and will work their balls off to carry it out.
Best we’ve looked in year and years. Professional, hungry and urgent. What a difference in such a short space of time.

Not long in
Had a great few days
Result was rubbish at Aberdeen but some day out with Kilwinning loyal
An made wullie vass pictures(No 99)

Then tonight was my first time on my new seat with my kids
What a second half
An great atmosphere kids were absolutely buzzing like there dad
What a noise when Coulibally scores his goal
Great chance to progress

what a second half that was tremendous turn around

i thought that %^*& up at what should have been the second had fucked us

the Board should now be backing Gerard with top quality for the final third of the pitch

i reckon he's already proven his mettle with the results in Europe considering he's still having to work with last season's garbage

Genuinely can't ever remember us being so aggressive and positive in pressing so high up the pitch.

Maribor barely got out their own half for the vast majority of that game.

I can't say what we will do this season as it's too early for that but i know they will, to a man, put their bodies on the line for each other.

What a difference an impartial referee makes.

Have to be honest, I thought the referee was hopeles, but we were so good in the second half in particular that it was irrelevant.

Does make a difference though feeling a ref is hopeless rather than actively trying to cheat us.

So that game tonight.

The place was bouncing. So much fun.

Ejaria is very good at starting off a wee triangle of passes in midfield or one twos that gives everyone a chance to take a breath and settle.

Tav was absolutely brilliant tonight. Great tackle on 25 mins which otherwise would have have been a goal. Few great defensive headers too.

Arfield was great but his first touch can be poor. A fair few breaks ended due to his first touch.

Alfie played like a hero.

Lass was unreal. Just a destroyer.

Goldson is very protective of Tav too. You see him dropping right quite a lot and covering when Tav is attacking. He reads the game and potential risks so well.

I’m a total nightmare tbh . I’m 44 years of age, with young kids , yet after tonight’s game sat with my old dad downing grey goose and coke watching the goals over and over then into old dvds of Barcelona bears etc . I’m up at 6am and despite the beers and the vodka I’m still sittin here awake :eek::cool:.

Off to bed now and hope for 3 or maybe 4 hour kip but it’s true that nothing makes me feel like a kid again than our great famous Glasgow Rangers !! And the same goes for my dad (70) !!

Ps coulibaly , please pay the money now and get this guy permanent . Shoulder pops out and he’s lying in agony , refuses to be subbed , goes back on and scores with the self same shoulder , WTF the guys a legend already :eek::D

That experience at Ibrox tonight will live long in the memory

It feels and i sincerely hope we witnessed first hand the turning of the tide, like the Souness team did 32 years ago.

Back