Match Thread Rangers v NK Osijek - Thursday 19:45 - Premier Sports/RangersTV.tv

Got to be happy with that tonight.

We still appear to %^*& up great opportunities when we break up the park

Need some improvement there, but play some great stuff at times.
It looks like a team that once it clicks will start dishing out some hammerings at Ibrox. Also looks like they've got the basics right and look much fitter, both of which have been flaws ever since the climb back up the leagues.

Tonight was about winning the tie which is exactly what we did against good opposition. Last year we would have went out to that Macedonian mob we played in the last round

Happy to progress regardless of result and conceding a goal. Onwards to Maribor who will be a different proposition all together.

Where did he say "overconfident team & a mouthy team"? Assumed it was in the post-match interview on the RTV but it wasn't? So glad we have a manger now who says it like it is.

Also Maribor only lost 4 games last season? Could be brutal against them, but if we do it 75% of the 4th round playoff teams look beatable.

Where did he say "overconfident team & a mouthy team"? Assumed it was in the post-match interview on the RTV but it wasn't? So glad we have a manger now who says it like it is.

Also Maribor only lost 4 games last season? Could be brutal against them, but if we do it 75% of the 4th round playoff teams look beatable.
Maribor won't pose Rangers the same problems the Croats did and i don't think they have the good players they had either,they are more than beatable but i would have preferred the away leg first.

Maribor won't pose Rangers the same problems the Croats did and i don't think they have the good players they had either,they are more than beatable but i would have preferred the away leg first.
Last 6 games (4 of which were qualifiers like ours) they've apparently won 4 and drawn 2, scored 10 goals without conceding anything. Our own defensive record is almost as good but I think we'll need to take our chances up front far more effectively. In the 4 games we've played so far we've only mustered 4 goals.

Really enjoyed that last night - from the atmosphere to the performance.

Okay, we were a bit sloppy at times and the final ball was lacking now and again but the continued improvement by the week is fantastic.

The more games we play together, the more it will all come together.

Katić looks a real find, Flanagan is no frills and is solid, Goldson is a real presence.

Jack, I thought was tremendous last night and Coulibaly is coming along nicely. Kent and Candeias make our right and left strong.

Brush up on our decision making and we are going to be a really strong attacking out fit.

Progression, it's all that matters and we go into the start of the league season with so many positives.

I'm surprised so many don't have Ryan Jack in their preferred line ups when discussing the team in various threads. I think he's done well and his style of play is somewhat important in a match like this.

I'm just gonna go back to this comment from yesterday afternoon... :p :D

In all seriousness - I watched the match again this morning. We were better than I remembered, especially second half.

Firstly, another well deserved win. Thought Flanagan had a decent game and Jack was excellent considering how much he's played. Candeias work rate was phenomenal. Morelos in some good link-up play and unlucky not to score. Kent showing huge potential and also unlucky not to score. Coulibaly is a machine!! Katic on the score sheet again with another header. McGregor with some brilliant saves yet again-need to backtrack on my previous thoughts about his return, its evident why.
Unlucky with the draw, but it was a deflection. It happens. All in all we played, my only gripe being I wish we were more clinical in finishing. Last night should have seen us up 2 or 3 nil.
Two huge games coming up though-bring it on :)

Can see improvement from the first game he played...less hesitant, don't go back go forward, but he's still keeping the ball too long and not releasing players forward. Progressing though which means he'll get there.

Back