Match Thread Rangers v NK Osijek - Thursday 19:45 - Premier Sports/RangersTV.tv

Solid enough performance until we allowed them a glimpse of hope at the end. I’m delighted for Stevie G, Gary Mc and the players. Onwards & Upwards !!

Phew. Well done Rangers and welcome back Allan
McGregor. Some excellent performances tonight but he was outstanding.

Got to be happy with that tonight.

We still appear to %^*& up great opportunities when we break up the park

Need some improvement there, but play some great stuff at times.

As Bobby Chariot used to say, "I'm on pills for me noives."

I was pretty impressed by Kent tonight, and he's not really up to speed yet by all accounts. I was less impressed with Ejaria. He had a few decent moments, but I felt he gave the ball away too much, and definitely isn't a ball winner.

I thought we handled the four minutes of added on time pretty comfortable to be honest the fans were panicking more than the players.i thought some of the one touch stuff we played around the box was excellent and you can see that once the players are on the same wavelength,we are going to open up teams

Disappointed we didn’t win that, thought we deserved a clean sheet.

Candeias off for Windass probably not best decision, but we are just so much more solid than we were, and it feels like watching a Rangers team again.

Tom from RTV was doing my head in tonight, talking about progressing to the next round constantly from about 60 mins in, just felt like the commentators curse was going to make it nervy at some point!

Great result and a good gritty performance, didnt really think we were ever too much under pressure from them and looked dangerous. On to Sunday.

Excellent result. We played really well in the latter stages of the second half. Bringing Candeias off at the end and Windass on, imo, opened up that right hand side marginally, and that is where Osijek's goal came from, even although it hit 3 of our players on the way in. Still thought we would do it. What a good defence we have and McGregor hardly had to make a save, but when he did, he was brilliant. Still, we need to bury these chances, especially against the mentally challengeds. Now looking forward to the Aberdeen game. Each game will make us grow in strength.

Stevie kicks that wee Converse, shiny suit wearing Miami mouse cvnt right in the haw-maws ! :D

Well done to all the team. The commitment was surely what the boss is looking for and now he should get it in every game.
Osijek weren’t a bad lot for a team of “tiny men”.

Buzzing for this, getting on it early! Thinking 3-0 will take 0-0. This lot a no mugs.
Let’s do it Rangers

Edit would play Candyman as he will track Bandage heed all day and nullify him!
As suggested Candias stops the fullback for 80 odd mins off the park for but a moment and bang

As Bobby Chariot used to say, "I'm on pills for me noives."

I was pretty impressed by Kent tonight, and he's not really up to speed yet by all accounts. I was less impressed with Ejaria. He had a few decent moments, but I felt he gave the ball away too much, and definitely isn't a ball winner.
Kent is really wasteful for me .... Middleton has much better end product in my opinion

More nervy than it should have been at the end. Missing a bit of composure when the chances come.

Great outcome but mystified by the subs. Their right back gets a yellow with ten to go - surely Middleton time? Instead, we get Windass for Candeias, and so predictably, their left back - who Candeias had kept out of the game, gets up and scores. Anyway - we're in the next round and the big mouths are heading home.

I don't think we would have conceded that goal has candeias still been on the pitch. He would have picked up their left back.

Hopefully S.G will lean from that poor sub. The right is our weakest part of the team without Candy covering Tav. Tav is just to bad a defender to not have Candy covering him and we will lose more goals from that part of the field if Tav does not have someone tracking back. Could not believe Halliday got a game! surely we are not that desperate!

Last edited:
I thought on the whole the team defended very well tonight. Good shape and we pressed at the right times.

If our final ball was better then it would have been a very comfortable evening.

Shat myself for the last 4 mins though.

I am so happy with our progress. We were better than we were in the first qualifier. You'd have to go back to when Walter was in charge to find a Rangers team good enough to beat Osijek before tonight's team. Stevie G has transformed us!
Osijek were a good team. Only a very good team could have put them out. Well done Rangers:)

Thought that was an outstanding team performance considering we are only a few games in. Massive positives in every department, I'm totally delighted. Solid all the way through thought Ryan Jack was immense, reckon he could be the player who may have surprised Gerrard the most considering there were rumours he was to go out on loan. Big shout out to the groundsmen as well as the pitch looked superb and as far as I could see didn't cut up.

Back