Match Thread ** Rangers v Partick Thistle - Sat 4th November - RangersTV.tv **

Good result,clean sheet,two wins in a row for Murty,full house,Gained two points on the sheep.. What's not to like.

Fully expect our new manager will be in place before our next game.

First half was decent but second half was foot off the gas stuff and was surprised given we don't have a game for a couple of weeks, 2-0 or 3-0 you should still be going for more goals and entertaining the fans.

Well done to the players,Murty and our fans today.

Don’t fancy cordosa’s chances of getting back in anytime soon, both mccrorie and Wilson did well again

Don’t fancy cordosa’s chances of getting back in anytime soon, both mccrorie and Wilson did well again
The manager situation means changes are very likely ... or possibly not. Depends who gets the job.

Just back in.

Happy with the performance. Foot off the Gas after the third though, I’d have like them to have pushed on for more.

Standout was McCrorie; happy with Wilson, Tav and Holt too.

Happy with the 3 points - The game went as it should have.

Can't even be bothered moaning about Windass

I enjoyed that today especially the first half, but as soon as Windass scored we just strolled it.

3 pts and 3 goals....Mon the Bears

McCrorie won't get any benefit if Alves is constantly out of the team though.

Alves needs a good run of games in playing like a true leader for someone to benefit from it.

Why wouldn’t he be playing like a true leader?
A true leader leads naturally.

Thought there were a few candidates for man of the match; McCrorie, Wilson, Holt & Miller. I reckon if Miller had scored today he'd have shaded the man of the match for me. As it happened, he was pretty wasteful in front of goal.

A few other very good performances outwith that too. Not often we have as many players as that on their game, so it's refreshing to see. Our tails are up at the moment and can certainly point to Graeme Murty as playing a big part in that.

Also, not sure how long young McCrorie has left on his current deal but he deserves a new extended one and a pay rise ASAP. Quite simply, he's a first team player now and one of our best, if not the best, centre half at the club.

VKzpGOk.jpg
As the song goes “nobody does it better”.
Outstanding.
Poignant and outstanding.

Not often we get the chance to take our foot off the gas.

3-0, some really good play, a clean sheet and some strong performances. Confidence getting stronger, our rivals in 2nd drop points and we will probably have a new manager in charge by the next time we play - a great opportunity for a winning start.

Said it in another thread. Went to Ibrox confident of a win. The result was never in doubt. Could have been more and we all leave happy.

Had to work today so haven’t seen a kick yet.
Is Morelos’ mini drought registering on anybody’s concerning meter yet?
For me, so long as he’s playing well and not letting his head go down, he’ll get through this.

Thought there were a few candidates for man of the match; McCrorie, Wilson, Holt & Miller. I reckon if Miller had scored today he'd have shaded the man of the match for me. As it happened, he was pretty wasteful in front of goal.

A few other very good performances outwith that too. Not often we have as many players as that on their game, so it's refreshing to see. Our tails are up at the moment and can certainly point to Graeme Murty as playing a big part in that.

Also, not sure how long young McCrorie has left on his current deal but he deserves a new extended one and a pay rise ASAP. Quite simply, he's a first team player now and one of our best, if not the best, centre half at the club.

Morelos, Tav, McCorie, Wilson, Holt and Miller all in with a shout for motm

Comfortable performance. could have and should have more as we went a bit stale in the 2nd half.

Would liked to have see Hardie and another youngster get a longer run out.

23130555_1668218863230807_259861382963105974_n.jpg

Serious question , were you surprised he left out Alves and played Wilson .
Serious answer. No. Name a game Alves has commanded since he got here. Let’s forget all the “Wilson is pish Alves is a Portuguese internationalist” stuff, people were having a go at Murty for not changing a winning line up, and Murty is on the trading ground with these guys day in and day out, but no, let’s listen to the FIFA coaches of FF.

Had to work today so haven’t seen a kick yet.
Is Morelos’ mini drought registering on anybody’s concerning meter yet?
For me, so long as he’s playing well and not letting his head go down, he’ll get through this.

Morelos put in another great shift. The goals will come

Miller's usual effort was there but his touch was dreadful all day. Back to his early season worst. His ability to deliver an easy pass straight to the opposition remains undiminished.

Holt and Jack were brilliant in the middle of the park. McCrorie was great, Candeias and Morelos worked their balls off.

Serious answer. No. Name a game Alves has commanded since he got here. Let’s forget all the “Wilson is pish Alves is a Portuguese internationalist” stuff, people were having a go at Murty for not changing a winning line up, and Murty is on the trading ground with these guys day in and day out, but no, let’s listen to the FIFA coaches of FF.
Interesting take , fair enough .

Thoroughly enjoyed the game today.Team in whole played well again.Now let's get 3 wins on the bounce.

That was a very grim second half after the Windass goal but a good result. There was a lot of defensive mistakes from Wilson and mccrorie today but Partick weren’t good enough to take advantage of them. Unlike others I don’t think they’re our 1st choice pairing.

Wilson pisses me right off.

You simply don’t know what you’re going to get from him game to game.

His passing can be excellent at times. He played 2 or three long balls today with pin point accuracy and stepped out of defence well on a couple of occasions too. Yet he loses concentration too much for me and seem to lack focus and any kind of leadership abilities in the back line.

He still looks as though he needs guided through games IMO.

Definitely a good player in there. Just wish he’d grow in confidence/leadership.

St Johnstone away 3-0 game.

Wilson pisses me right off.

You simply don’t know what you’re going to get from him game to game.

His passing can be excellent at times. He played 2 or three long balls today with pin point accuracy and stepped out of defence well on a couple of occasions too. Yet he loses concentration too much for me and seem to lack focus and any kind of leadership abilities in the back line.

He still looks as though he needs guided through games IMO.

Definitely a good player in there. Just wish he’d grow in confidence/leadership.
I know exactly what you mean. I thought he had a good game today and it was noticeable how much he was trying to organise the line and talk to young Ross but there were still 2 or 3 times where he made mistakes or was guilty of poor decisions that could have cost us.

Is it confidence or concentration? I’m just not sure.

It was 3 points won, nothing more.

Thistle were sh*t, we were a little bit better. We had a bright spell before and after HT but the rest of the game was dire, we have to be better than that.

We were good in the first half today but I was disappointed we let Thistle back in the game after the third goal. Can't complain about the result though. Thought Holt had another really decent game for us (he did brilliantly for the second goal) and was again impressed by McCrorie. I expect our new manager will be in place by the time we play Hamilton but big credit to Murty for how he has organised the team over the last couple of games.

St Johnstone away 3-0 game.

He hasn't been "appreciably superior or imposing" I.e "commanding" in any game he's played for us, in fact he's been a huge let down, hasn't stamped his authority on any game or left a marker on any of the hammer throwers, and apart from a wee fly kick at numb nuts from Motherwell what has he done?

In the US at the minute so just seen the score. Good to the scorers today. McCrorie, Candeias and Windass for different reasons will all benefit from scoring.

Great game over all. Three goals, three points and momentum building up again. Found the team selection a bit unsettling but the good thing was they played as a team.
Felt we rode our luck in defence, but maybe we deserved that.....on the flip side we could have scored another three or more goals.

Pity about the international break again.....

Great game, and good win. Cracking atmosphere and good to see Bears from Ireland and England round about me had something to cheer.

Great game and most importantly, a great 3 points. 3 point behind the sheep and playing them twice in a week in four weeks.

Happy Bear, had £2 on us winning 3-0 and £2 Luton 1 Portsmouth 0 to win £50 - just a pity I didn't do a double as I had done the previous 2 weeks.

A very good win and the first half performance was decent. Second half, after the goal, you could see the team relax and take it easy, spraying the ball about without doing much damage, and then occasionally going forward quickly and a few chances went astray. It could have been five or six. In terms of the second half performance it is interesting that we felt sufficiently in control that we could let Thistle back into it. Was this because Holt and Jack stood off them, or what? Whatever, the 3 points are in the bag, the sheep dropped points and it was a good weekend. Murty can only play with what he has got. It would be interesting to know who he would bring in to create a better balance in the team and who he would get rid of.......

On paper, Sammons v Ross & Danny looked a mismatch that'd end badly for us. They policed him well. He didn't make the 2nd half.
Morelas is the opposite of Boyd; he contributes hugely even when not scoring. Holt & Candeias were excellent; Danny's cross for Ross' goal was a peach. Delighted for them both. Good though Wilson was today, he slows play. Clean sheet & routine win. Thanks Graeme.
Thistle were poor. As poor as their pathetic 'fans'. And Collum is probably the least bad ref we see at Ibrox.
Great Remembrance display!

Last edited:
Second game of the season for me and thoroughly enjoyed it. Up in the CD beside a few folks creating a bit of atmosphere which made a difference from the Hearts game.Made it to the remembrance ceremony and the Cowboys won too to make for a good weekend. Heading back home this morning a happy camper.

Last edited:
Good win and it's all about putting points on the board now, gained two on Aberdeen which is excellent, especially if Derek McInnes becomes manager now as I expect.

Back