Match Thread ** Rangers v Partick Thistle - Sat 4th November - RangersTV.tv **

A good 3-0 win but what a dreadful second half all around. For a team that can't win 3 in a row you would think we might have wanted to absolutely skelp Thistle to build confidence an momentum. We just the tempo and drop out of games in 2nd halves all the time.

Overall decent performance, first 45 we had it won and after the 3rd early doors in the 2nd we took the foot off the gas. Delighted to see us take the 3points at home though as home form and performances have been dodgy to say the least. Don't think we ever looked like losing the match and the players have reacted well to Murty being at the helm.

A good 3-0 win but what a dreadful second half all around. For a team that can't win 3 in a row you would think we might have wanted to absolutely skelp Thistle to build confidence an momentum. We just the tempo and drop out of games in 2nd halves all the time.

Makes you wonder if its a fitness issue. We caved in against Progres doing similar.

As comfortable performance as I've seen us. Holt and jack were fantastic, candias was brilliant, central defence didn't put a foot wrong, and morelos put in another good shift but just missing a goal.

Rangers v Partick
Possession
Home56%
Away44%
Shots
Home13
Away6
Shots on Target
Home5
Away1
Corners
Home7
Away3
Fouls
Home9
Away7

Frustrating second half but a great result nevertheless. I feel we will now comfortably get the 3 wins in a row we seem to have been chasing forever. Great to see young McCrory get MOTM

This is the kind of result that has to become common place at Ibrox.

Struggled in the second half but at least we killed the game long before the final whistle.

Not the greatest second half but overall a good performance and importantly another 3 points and a clean sheet. International break coming up so a bit of time for Murty to get the squad fully acquainted with how he wants them to play.

Yep - back to old bad habits. Team too stretched, allowing them to press us when we try to play out from the back, resorting to long ball. We haven't done enough in the second half to keep a compact shape and to make sure we pass our way through them which was what was working in the beginning.

It's not compulsory to moan on match threads you know. Give yourself a break and enjoy the win. You'll feel better honestly.

Great result and lots of domination of the game , Windass who i think is hot and cold comes off , Niko comes on and then it drops into mediocrity, we should have kept the pressure on but we didn't still a good result though,Holt and Jack work well together we looked pretty solid at the back, and Morelos worked his socks off too Candeas played well too , McCrories goal as well all in all a good day for us.

Couldn't see the game but happy with three points,three goals and a clean sheet.Oh,and dolly dropping points is a bonus too.Shame Dundee couldn't nick something off hivs.Will enjoy my curry and cold beers tonight.Well done Gers!:)

So I guess Murty didn’t get it wrong and isn’t a disgrace after all for starting with the same back four. Some people just like to jump on the pissing and moaning bandwagon for absolutely no reason.

Couldn't watch match but sounds pretty routine win.
Great 3 points and Sheep dropped points too.
Well done 'Gers.
Onward and upward.

Couldn't watch the game but sounds a good performance. Delighted for big Ross getting his first senior goal.

Raging at another international break but if Jack is playing then that will at least give me some interest in the Scotland game. When do we play our game in hand over Hibs?

Enjoyed it today. Is this the easiest match we've had all season? Even squandering a few chances we won without any difficulty. I kind of forgot what it feels like to win this way. Well done Graeme Murty!

So I guess Murty didn’t get it wrong and isn’t a disgrace after all for starting with the same back four. Some people just like to jump on the pissing and moaning bandwagon for absolutely no reason.
Serious question , were you surprised he left out Alves and played Wilson .

Surprised folk are moaning about the second half...the game was done and we controlled it from start to finish.

Holt was my MOTM, followed by Candeias and McCrorie. Why was Alves on the bench though and where is Pena?

Don't know what's wrong with Morelos...his overall play is still excellent but he barely even gets a shot away nowadays.

. Why was Alves on the bench though and where is Pena?

Competition for places i reckon.

Play well under Murty and you'll be picked for the next game

Unlike some managers who keep their favourites, no matter how they play

Big lol at the man who trolled every thread for months with his Pedro must go patter.

The reality is that Murty will go down in history as the man who picked Danny Wilson ahead of Bruno Alves. People will still be laughing at him in 10 years time.

History is we won 3-0 end of story

Surprised folk are moaning about the second half...the game was done and we controlled it from start to finish.

Holt was my MOTM, followed by Candeias and McCrorie. Why was Alves on the bench though and where is Pena?

Don't know what's wrong with Morelos...his overall play is still excellent but he barely even gets a shot away nowadays.
Pena was sitting in directors box, suited up with his hair tied up. No engine oil on it.

Pleased with that.

It's not unusual for teams to go into free fall when a caretaker manager takes over, but that's two games and two wins under Murty.

Sure the media is spunking over Brendan's unbeaten run, however, we're still in this fight.

Good day at the office.

We must have won well today, not many lurkers on here tonight.

Well done Rangers and Murty, was such a change to be relaxed for the whole 90 minutes.

Bossed it, the routine win we’ve been needing. Didn’t ever look in doubt.

Back