Votes: 19 2.6%
  • Morelos

Votes: 402 54.5%
  • Aribo

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Defoe

Votes: 2 0.3%

• Total voters
I know bears will disagree , but for me this is more important than a cup , financially , reputation wise , and I honestly thought at times there was a chance we wouldn’t get back to this level , not only that Gerrard seems to make this team excel on this stage .

We need to be cautious tonight guys. Any surprise element from the first game in Porto is now gone and they'll know they are in for a really tough evening tonight. It's going to take a massive effort to win.

Buzzing though, a win here more a less puts us in the next round imo because Young Boys are rotten and I am certain we will beat them at Ibrox in the final game.

Got a good feeling about this one. Cold November night in Glasgow with 50,000 bears in full voice. Porto ain't gonna fancy this much.

On the ferry now and buzzing for the game.
Good crowd of Ulster bears travelling as ever
Made me laugh m8. Remember driving up from England with some m8s for the AEK Athens 2nd leg and saying the same.

got into Ibrox to find the mad Greek ultras stripped to the waist and then their team pumped us.

My colleague is friends with Portos assistant manager. Grew up together in Portugal, both their fathers were involved in football, and my colleagues dad is actually an ex porto player.

He has one of their comp tickets for tonight, up in CD5.

Anyway, he was showing me a text conversation they were having last week. Porto are by no means taking us lighlty. They know they need to be on the very top of their game to beat us as they think we are a very good side. He compared us to Liverpool in terms of style.

Cool story and all that! Thought folk might want a wee snippet of Portos thoughts on us. Shows how far we have come in recent years, when a team of Portos size regard us like that.

Porto need to come for the win therefore I think this could be quite an open game. I can see both sides scoring but we will win by the odd goal. The atmosphere at our stadium has wilted many teams over the years and I think we can as supporters play a very big part in this tonight.

Buzzing for tonight.
Porto need to come for the win therefore I think this could be quite an open game. I can see both sides scoring but we will win by the odd goal. The atmosphere at our stadium has wilted many teams over the years and I think we can as supporters play a very big part in this tonight.

Spot on mate. To say I’m buzzing for tonight is an understatement.

We have a massive chance to be the difference.

I'm sure I read on here Marega their striker was out for tonight, however according to Sky he's been passed fit for selection which is a blow.

Regardless, we worry about our own game and if we play to the best of our ability, with the home advantage, we'll win this one tonight IMO.

2-1 gers.

I'm sure I read on here Marega their striker was out for tonight, however according to Sky he's been passed fit for selection which is a blow.

Regardless, we worry about our own game and if we play to the best of our ability, with the home advantage, we'll win this one tonight IMO.

2-1 gers.
He hasn't travelled according to the tweet last night from their official account. Hope that's the case.

Made me laugh m8. Remember driving up from England with some m8s for the AEK Athens 2nd leg and saying the same.

got into Ibrox to find the mad Greek ultras stripped to the waist and then their team pumped us.
Well there's always that possibility bud.
Still, glass half full and all that

Seems to be a lot of confidence about. We had a superb 30 minutes or so over in Oporto in what was a good all round performance but I think this is going to be a very tough game tonight. I don't expect many goals at all. A 1-0 victory - hopefully for Rangers.

A strong start with the might of Ibrox behind us I think 3-0 is possible. Would set us up great for Feyenoord and and hopefully the YB game is a battle for first and second!

Optimistic loyal.

Another big match and another tough one to call.
I’d love to see how Porto handle an early goal for us and Ibrox rocking to to core.
I predict 2-0 for The Rangers.

I think it will be a very difficult game tonight.
Porto will come here looking for a win, so we need to be on our 'A' game and bring off a win, putting us in a great position in the group.
Just hope that we don't pick up any silly cards that might be costly in the last 2 games in this round of games.

If we play well and dont give them an inch by pressing them, thus will rub off on the crowd and the fans will be tremendous. I think this will get to them and we could give them a doing. However we have to be on our game. If not they'll come into it. There confidence and quality will show and could make it a difficult night for us.

7 years ago we were unable to win against Stirling Albion and Peterhead.
5 years ago we couldn't win the Challenge Cup
4 years ago we finished third in the second tier in Scotland.
2 years ago we were knocked out by the 4th team in Luxembourg.

Now we are feeling confident of beating a team who were Champions League quarter finalists last season.

We might win, it will be a huge challenge. But take a step back and see what our board and our manager have achieved for our great club.

No matter the result, Rangers are back.

Great post

Hoping for a victory think it’s more likely to be a draw. Both teams of similar ability, just hope Porto don’t fancy a cold Ibrox and a vocal crowd.

Hoping for a victory think it’s more likely to be a draw. Both teams of similar ability, just hope Porto don’t fancy a cold Ibrox and a vocal crowd.

Correct . It’s got 0/0 written all over it and to be honest we can’t complain at that score at all against a top european side .

People are getting too ahead of themselves I think, almost no chance we win by 2 or more goals.

A draw would be a good result and if we win it'll be a 1-0 or 2-1 game

Personally think (hope) we'll win but I think the most likely outcome is a draw. No matter what happened in Portugal, Porto are a damn good team and are one of the few very capable of coming to Ibrox and giving us a pumping if they show up and with a bit of luck.

This will be a tough game tonight, Porto are a very experienced European side with good pedigree.
If we are switched on tonight from the off and take the game to them in a professional manner then I think we will edge it in a 3 goal thriller, 2-1 for the Gers.

People are getting too ahead of themselves I think, almost no chance we win by 2 or more goals.

A draw would be a good result and if we win it'll be a 1-0 or 2-1 game

Personally think (hope) we'll win but I think the most likely outcome is a draw. No matter what happened in Portugal, Porto are a damn good team and are one of the few very capable of coming to Ibrox and giving us a pumping if they show up and with a bit of luck.

Negativity like that isn’t allowed until after the final whistle.

Back