Votes: 19 2.6%
  • Morelos

Votes: 402 54.5%
  • Aribo

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Defoe

Votes: 2 0.3%

• Total voters
That was, quite simply, one of the most enjoyable wins I've ever seen.

We were battered in the first half (though they had no clear cut chances). To joy only come through that, but to then score an exquisite goal, followed by a quick second was amazing.

After Alfie's wee happy face, who is your next favourite one to see? Mine is Gary McAllister. As much as I love Stevie G, Gary's entire baldy heid smiles when he does.

Maybe it's just a bald solidarity thing
being a baldy git I get it lol

Here's the BBC summary of our game (I went on there to see the table)
Summary
  1. Morelos slashes in clever effort from edge of area
  2. Davis' deflected strike four minutes later doubles lead
  3. Rangers twice clear Porto efforts off line
  4. Both Rangers & Porto on four points in Group G, two behind leaders Young Boys
  5. Celtic qualify for last 32 after beating Lazio
  6. Stoppage-time Ntcham goal earns stunning win
Morelos "Slashes" "effort"
Davis "deflected"
Mention clearing off line
Mention Celtic
Celtic "stunning win"
Porto >>>>> Lazio

A fact they can't handle

A much improved 2nd half which was needed,but our grit and determination saw us through to the win with 2 quality goals and much improved team performance well done everyone, the management ,the team,and of course the supporters who did us proud tonight.

Can’t believe folk think we “ were rotten” in parts of the game or ” not at our best” FF’s it’s Porto not Hamilton we played as well as were allowed to play and it was good enough to win 2-0.
Exactly, Porto were excellent defensively for 70 min.

Reactions: fmp
I don't think we played badly first half, Porto came at us with everything and got nowhere. We just waited them out, and then unleashed ourselves...we deserved the win Ally. So glad Davis got the second, he was due it. Hard to decide who was man of the match.

What a game. Thought we took ages to settle and start creating things, but we were brilliant in the second half.

Goal celebrations were incredible. Can’t remember the last time the main stand was doing the bouncy!

Large admission. I lasted 65 minutes and turned over as I really didn't see us getting anything out of the game. I flicked back at 83 min and was soo nervous for the last 10min.

It is one thing to play badly against livi, well etc and win. But this is one of the few times we have been able to do it in Europe and one of the fewer times to do it against a class act like Porto.

Let's just hope the new manager effect dick is having tonight is a dead cat bounce. We have been so near too many times for me to think we are now through.

A full stadium bouncy really is a thing of great beauty. Bring a tear to a glass eye. That's when the away support pull the phones out and hit record! Beautiful.

I don't think we played badly first half, Porto came at us with everything and got nowhere. We just waited them out, and then unleashed ourselves...we deserved the win Ally. So glad Davis got the second, he was due it. Hard to decide who was man of the match.
Kamara, although I always love Davis

Reactions: fmp
So proud of the players. Special mention to mr cool himself Ryan jack one misplaced pass apart he absolutely ran the show for us in midfield.
Kenty getting better every game Tav looking more like his old self tonight it’s just brilliant.
Also makes you rue that last minute goal in Berne all the more as well, would have been 3 points clear tonight and by my reckoning pretty much through

Summary
  4. Both Rangers & Porto on four points in Group G, two behind leaders Young Boys
Davis "deflected"
Mention Celtic
Celtic "stunning win"

Fcuk them mate when we win 55 it will kill them.

Large admission. I lasted 65 minutes and turned over as I really didn't see us getting anything out of the game. I flicked back at 83 min and was soo nervous for the last 10min.

It is one thing to play badly against livi, well etc and win. But this is one of the few times we have been able to do it in Europe and one of the fewer times to do it against a class act like Porto.

Let's just hope the new manager effect dick is having tonight is a dead cat bounce. We have been so near too many times for me to think we are now through.
Got to admit I could never turn a Gers game off when we are still drawing especially a European game. A strange choice ?

gn651.png
gn971.png

:)

Summary
Davis "deflected"
Mention Celtic
Celtic "stunning win"
7. UEFA to investigate Lazio players betting against themselves.
I've never seen a performance like it from any team from any country.

Arfield was immense when he came on, great but easy sub from stevie. Love it when arfield plays like that he hunts players down and encourages others to do so. Aribo also played an Intelligent game when he came on. Hala morelos!!

Porto had loads of the ball in the first half and played some nice stuff, but apart from Kamara's brilliant clearance off the line, Shagger had very little to do
We started to come into it in the second half and once we scored there was only going to be one winner.... Goldson was immense

Don't care what anybody says out with Rangers, Alfie is the top player in Scotland and if he played with the tims the media would be salivating about him

the pass that gifted the poets the win was ridiculous. You would be forgiven for thinking the Tallies had thrown that game

Get your tinfoil hat off. It's good for us that Celtic are through. They play more games this season and it improves the coefficient.

What a second half. Pepe going off turned the game

fantastic strike from Alfie and a wee bit of luck from Davis

Quite surprised to see a paragraph like this in the BBC match report. Positively effusive by their standards:

"Not for the first time, Rangers faced a daunting task under a dark sky in Govan, only to send a household name away beleaguered and bemused into the chilled night. Spartak Moscow. Villareal. Legia Warsaw. Feyenoord. And now Porto. All have come to Glasgow, all sent away again without even scoring a goal."

"Plenty has been made of the European ties across the city at Celtic Park. And rightly so. Yet there is something fascinating about watching Rangers on these evenings. For a group largely untested at this level prior to last year, there is a swagger and courage to their play. Against Sergio Conceicao's men, they survived an early scare to at least make the first half competitive, before fearlessly dictating the play once they had their blue noses in front."

Unfortunately Just caught the goals from their match. What sort of cock-sucking love-in was going on there?

To be fair to Porto I think technically and physically they look a very good side but just lacked a cutting edge against us.

Quite surprised to see a paragraph like this in the BBC match report. Positively effusive by their standards:

"Not for the first time, Rangers faced a daunting task under a dark sky in Govan, only to send a household name away beleaguered and bemused into the chilled night. Spartak Moscow. Villareal. Legia Warsaw. Feyenoord. And now Porto. All have come to Glasgow, all sent away again without even scoring a goal."

"Plenty has been made of the European ties across the city at Celtic Park. And rightly so. Yet there is something fascinating about watching Rangers on these evenings. For a group largely untested at this level prior to last year, there is a swagger and courage to their play. Against Sergio Conceicao's men, they survived an early scare to at least make the first half competitive, before fearlessly dictating the play once they had their blue noses in front."
You sure that’s a bbc report, canny be the Scottish version

Back