MOTM Poll Rangers v PSV Eindhoven - 20:00 Tuesday - BT Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stop moaning fs.

Went toe to toe with a team that's spend a fortune and have some cracking players.

We can't win every game in Europe.

Good performance.

Spent a fortune? They've spent £5m this season and £14m last season. Celtic have spent far more than them in recent years.

They were also in the conference league last season after finishing third in their Europa group.

We are good enough to beat them, we just didn't play at the level we're capable of tonight.

Don't understand Wright coming on at all - especially with Matondo on the bench. Feels like every time he plays in Europe he looks a bit out of his depth.

So frustrating to lose 2 goals from not defending corners - seems very familiar. Still reckon we can beat them over there though.
Both subs were headscratchers & it showed. They were useless & we were disjointed from there on in.

That was like two heavyweights slugging away. They are both Champions League quality teams out there tonight. Shame to lose that second but i reckon it's going to be more of the same next week. Nothing between the two of us. We need to get better at defending corners and also do more with them when we get them. We used to look dangerous when Goldson and Balogun used to go up. Also thought we would have seen Morelos. Overall it's half time and we can still do this!

You are joking though that won't happen and can be a bit annoying that they lack the understanding not everyone arrives running!
I would like to think Colaks critics have finally learned their lesson about judging a player too early. Probably not.

When we went 2-1 I felt we would get another on the break but we didn’t show anything like the gaming intelligence needed.

Didn’t retain possession and weren’t nearly compact enough.

pretty poor game management in the second half.

I think we will score over there. Not sure we will get 2 and I think that’s what we will probably need.

Even if we only had Morelos on for the last 15 or 20 minutes he could've made all the difference, we need him ragdolling that defence next week.

Colak got his goal but didn't look like he would get another and can't hold the ball up and lead the line on his Todd like Alfie can.

Colak looked like he could play a further 90 mins. He was fresh as %^*& at the end,
I think he should have been subbed Morelos could have roughed up the defence and given them something different to deal with but like I’ve said in another post perhaps conditions meant Morelos wasn’t risked.

Wasn't the worst performance overall - defending was poor and I don't know what Goldson is capable of pinging cross field passes no problem but can't clear a ball. Makes it look like the most difficult thing in football.

Attacking wise we looked OK but they pretty much put Kent out of action. Gio needed to change something there.

Colak is a great striker and is going to get us goals big time.

Davis had a good performance today and big McLaughlin pulled off an excellent save.

All to do next week and it's going to be very difficult. PSV are a decent team but they are also another genuinely horrible bunch of players. Diving, time wasting, moaning, self entitled pricks. Unlike other teams we've faced their manager is a decent guy.

Not often we're the smaller side physically. Struggled at set pieces, Goldson was all over the place at times. Thought Sands and Barisic did well. Their guy Sangare strolled it.

Morelos has to play a part next week. I like Colak and he's deadly in the box but Morelos is a game changer. No idea why Wright is picked ahead of Matondo or Sakala either tbh.

Okayish.

All to play for. Still 50/50 for me. Need to defend better but we're more than capable of hurting them on the break.

I like the fact we have a game between the matches as I think we're getting sharper week by week. I feel PSV are one of those sides who might be easier to play away from home. I'd expect them to be pretty open to us on the counter if we can move it quickly and make good decisions. On the other hand they've got some seriously good individuals who can burn us with a moment of magic.

Might not be the week to give up drugs/ smoking/ drinking/ glue sniffing

Disappointed to lead then draw especially when I felt like we could kick on with another goal. I really felt Morelos in the last 15 could have been a real threat. First half we played better and second half PSV played better. PSV won alot of headers in that game they are a big unit not sure how to problem solve that for leg 2

Controversial, but can we not just have the £40m and go into the Europa League as this team is way off Champions League level.

I thought PSV looked much more comfortable on the ball and we didn’t have any spark at all.

I know it’s a different era and everything but look at the difference in levels from the last time PSV played at Ibrox.

They look a significantly more technical team than us. Better press and happy to attack.

We‘re tactically too risk averse, really suspect at corners and seem to far apart to have any passing cohesion.
Sounds like there is no point going over there then?

The game was fairly even. We have away two goals at corners and they threw one in the net.

It’ll be tough from here but we are still well in the tie

Very disappointed with that if I’m honest had we been ripped open I’d have cheek but those were 2 very poor goals to lose and goals we consistently concede at this higher level
Unfortunately sloppiness gets punished at this level, whereas against SPFL dross we can get away with it.

That was a sore one.

The fact we are disappointed shows how far we have come. We are still very much in this but we need to sort our shit out at corners.

We still have a great chance to qualify. I thought PSV were technically poor, slow and uninspired. If we can keep it tight I fancy us to nick it with one of our set pieces or penalties.

Stop moaning fs.

Went toe to toe with a team that's spend a fortune and have some cracking players.

We can't win every game in Europe.

Good performance.
Think it's fair enough to be critical of our defending at set pieces.

They could have quite easily have scored four goals tonight, had the early chance and the McLaughlin save gone differently.

Other than the two goals, I'm struggling to remember more than one other chance we created.

I agree a draw is a fair result against them but plenty we should be looking to improve upon.

Controversial, but can we not just have the £40m and go into the Europa League as this team is way off Champions League level.

I thought PSV looked much more comfortable on the ball and we didn’t have any spark at all.

I know it’s a different era and everything but look at the difference in levels from the last time PSV played at Ibrox.
That season we offered 15m for Van Nistelrooy! Which would be about 35m now. Times have indeed changed.

Not our best performance tonight, never really got going. Tillman looked knackered tonight, hopefully keep him wrapped up for next week. Need Alfie to get more minutes.

Back