MOTM Poll Rangers v PSV Eindhoven - 20:00 Tuesday - BT Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's what the Dhims will do the first time they come up against a team in the CL group stages. And we will all sit back and laugh as they get picked-off and humped.

There's a fine line to be drawn. PSV are a very good team. As are we. This tie will be decided over 180 minutes, maybe more, not tonight. We don't need to be ultra-cautions - but nor do we need to throw caution to the wind.
People forget that this team have proven they can compete away from home. I don't buy the talk that we need to win by two tonight. Any win is a fantastic result and gives us a great chance.

With Ibrox being our 12th man we need a Good result tonight but more importantly a good performance. I'm going 2-1 Rangers, Lundstram & Tav.

People forget that this team have proven they can compete away from home. I don't buy the talk that we need to win by two tonight. Any win is a fantastic result and gives us a great chance.
That’s exactly how I see it.

Neither of us have a great recent away record in Europe but at the same time there seems very little between us.

Any kind of win and I’ll leave Ibrox delighted, win by two and I’ll be cartwheeling back down the M77 to Killie.

That’s exactly how I see it.

Neither of us have a great recent away record in Europe but at the same time there seems very little between us.

Any kind of win and I’ll leave Ibrox delighted, win by two and I’ll be cartwheeling back down the M77 to Killie.

Its certainly a different approach given we were away from home first, but we've lost 2-0, 1-0 and 1-0 in our last 3 away games.

We've been functionally solid, Union apart, without really looking like a goalscoring threat on the road. Since Dortmund anyway. Red star was a bit of an anomoly seeing as, to be honest, i felt we were already through after the first leg.

Tonight's result will obviously determine how we approach Eindhoven. I too would accept a one goal win tonight with the caveat that I dont think our first leg away style approach will be enough next week.

Reactions: FSM
That's what the Dhims will do the first time they come up against a team in the CL group stages. And we will all sit back and laugh as they get picked-off and humped.

There's a fine line to be drawn. PSV are a very good team. As are we. This tie will be decided over 180 minutes, maybe more, not tonight. We don't need to be ultra-cautious - but nor do we need to throw caution to the wind.
Our management of these ties under Gerrard and even moreso GVB is a big reason why we've done so well (caveat that Gio has maybe been a bit too negative in away games although that was only really USG).

Controlled aggression is the key here - as you say its 2 legs and I doubt it'll be won either way tonight

With Ibrox being our 12th man we need a Good result tonight but more importantly a good performance. I'm going 2-1 Rangers, Lundstram & Tav.
Think you've got that mixed up. I couldn't care less if it's a Fawlty Towers level performance if we get a good result.

As much as a lot of people are saying we need a 2 goal lead to go over to Holland. We have been pretty good away from home. I'd take anything tonight as the game in Holland will be the decider. This playing away from home in the second leg puts us at a slight disadvantage but I still think we will go through in a very close couple of games.

Got a feeling Gio is going to be a tad defensive this evening maybe hurt them on the break as it seems they’re not too clever at the back. I would like us to go over with at least a 2 goal cushion but I don’t see it.

Make no mistake about it, this is a good side but we played better last year and came out on top. I love when the media write us off and listening to the former Dutch players really makes me laugh. Do they forget how we knocked feynoord out at the group stages a few seasons back. 1-0 tonight and we will set up to hit on counter over there

I think with a fit & firing Morelos, yes, we have proven we can compete away.

Away Results since his injury say differently. We haven’t won one, in fact we only got a ‘draw’ in Seville & lost the rest.

I know away goals no longer count double but imperative to take a clean sheet over to Eindhoven. Going 2-0 the Sons of William. C'MON THE RANGERS!!!!!!!!!
Anything to zero keeps us in the tie.
Our away form might not be the best recently but, we’d all have taken 0-1 deficits from a first leg tie or a 1-2 loss when already 3-0 ahead.
Our worst result was the last one.

Anything to zero keeps us in the tie.
Our away form might not be the best recently but, we’d all have taken 0-1 deficits from a first leg tie or a 1-2 loss when already 3-0 ahead.
Our worst result was the last one.

No away goals these days mate, doesn’t matter if it’s 1-0 or 2-1

Recently watched highlights of our game against PSV in the 99 CL.

4-1 going on 10-1 with Ibrox bouncing. Big Ruud looking shell-shocked.

More of the same please,
I think Advocaat fancied him at the time.
Possibly realised he had better with Mols!

No away goals these days mate, doesn’t matter if it’s 1-0 or 2-1
FFS bud.
If we lose a goal we could have lost the game but, I’m typing this slowly so as you can understand my point,:) if the opposition don’t score, they still have to in the next game, we haven’t lost the game.
Not even considering away goals.

2-0 tonight imo and I think that'll be enough to go through.

No concerns about how we set up, control the tempo & attack them as I fully expect us to do and we'll be just fine

So the team is:

McLaughlin

Tav Goldson Sands Barisic

Lundstram Davis

Tillman Lawrence Kent

Colak

That the rumours?
Heard a few people and podcasts suggesting Davis is a must for this game to counter the way PSV might play but I am surprised if Gio is going without Jack or Kamara. Fully support his selection though, he knows a wee bit more than me.

I love Steven Davis but him starting (assuming that’s the case) I think shows that we really need a new first 11 ready centre midfielder. Kamara needs to do much more.

FFS bud.
If we lose a goal we could have lost the game but, I’m typing this slowly so as you can understand my point,:) if the opposition don’t score, they still have to in the next game, we haven’t lost the game.
Not even considering away goals.

Oh thank you for typing slowly to help me understand! :)

I can see what you mean now but the very phrase “anything to nil” is so pre 2021.

You could as well have said “if we don’t lose tonight we’re still in the tie”.

Tell you what I’m astounded by the amount of folk I’ve heard say they prefer the EL theme to the CL theme. Must be a new breed!

I love Steven Davis but him starting (assuming that’s the case) I think shows that we really need a new first 11 ready centre midfielder. Kamara needs to do much more.
Correct. If we qualify for CL we should be going out and buying a proper partner for Lundstram in midfield. Someone more well rounded than Jack/Kamara

A competitive game where the opposition finally come out and play against us means the space will be there if we can exploit it to get a couple of goals but defensively we have to bring our A game tonight.
Any win and I'll be delighted.

Heard a few people and podcasts suggesting Davis is a must for this game to counter the way PSV might play but I am surprised if Gio is going without Jack or Kamara. Fully support his selection though, he knows a wee bit more than me.
We need to go for it tonight. 1-0, 2-1 or a draw etc still gives us a lot of work to do over there

Back