MOTM Poll Rangers v PSV Eindhoven - 20:00 Tuesday - BT Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Davis and Lundstram together, after Sands and Davis came on, is what saw us gain control of midfield against Eintracht Frankfurt. Obviously the scoreline went against us in the end but it was only when we switched to that setup that we had any sort of control of the game.
Aye but you’re talking in facts, VB. Doesn’t go down well in these threads :))

This was the team I wanted so I'm pleased. Only change would have been Morelos from the start but there's no point in risking him because he will give us a vital out all in Eindhoven.

D2419-D47-CDBC-479-F-BA86-8-D7-DA1-C7-F2-D2.jpg

Still confident in getting a good result but not sure if it’s through blind optimism.

Seeing that team and immediately I can’t help but feel that we’ve brought in two centre halves in Souttar and Davies who are going to end up spending as much time on the treatment table than on the pitch. With Souttar the majority of fans could have told management he’d be injured regularly.

For me, it’s absolutely criminal we’re going into a playoff CL tie having to play a centre midfielder at centre half. It’s a weak spot for us.

Also disappointed we haven’t went for pace at right wing given they’ll likely play a high line.

Tillman was pretty anonymous out wide last week and only really upped it when he got moved central. For me, Wright/Matondo should have started on the right with Tillman starting through the middle behind Colak
I don't think anyone would consider you an optimist haha. The rest of your post is more your style.

Would have preferred a bit more pace but it is a strong bench, hoping for a 3 goal advantage to take into next weeks game. Get It Done Rangers!

Exactly the team i sent my son earlier apart from Davies/Sands but did not know Davies wasn’t registered for this match.

Glad Steven Davis is in the middle, gives us the experience and composure needes for games like this, plus we have the Buff to come off the bench with 25 to go

Has Davies had any injury problems before? I know very little of him other than he was going to the scum before Liverpool got him where he has played very little first team football?
All I know is he didn’t play a lot of football at Liverpool, understandably due to competition but from memory only played 23 games or so last season on loan.

Since joining us, he’s missed a couple of squads due to injury.

I hope this isn’t a pattern and he can stay injury free for the rest of the season but right now as it stands, we’re an injury to Goldson from being in the shit

Who cares? Absolutely inane point, they will all prove their worth across a whole season.
It’s a very valid point. If we are paying decent money then it should ultimately be for players to go right into the starting 11 and make an immediate impact.

Folk freaking out about Jimmy Sands at centre half he’s not an issue at all people just believe what they want too that’s his position for the national team and he’s been 7/8 out of 10 every time he’s been called upon there this season the lad will be fine

Struggling to get my head round the team selection!!!
Hopefully Gio knows best!!!
Minus maybe Davies instead of Sands I think it’s very strong (though cannot say for certain Davies is better) & with the calming and composed influence of Davis, looks a very good selection. Here’s hoping. C’mon The Famous.

Exactly the team i sent my son earlier apart from Davies/Sands but did not know Davies wasn’t registered for this match.

Glad Steven Davis is in the middle, gives us the experience and composure needes for games like this, plus we have the Buff to come off the bench with 25 to go
Davies is registered.

Back