Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • Rapid Vienna Win

Votes: 13 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

E10H

No further dwelling on yesterday's game, it's time to look forward and with great anticipation.

Thursday sees our return to Europa League Group Stage :cool: action.

Following on from our excellent performance against Villarreal, how will we do against the Austrian's?

bwj04.jpg

2h4gq6e.jpg

206ykxi.jpg

Had a look at their squad today and there shouldn't be too much to worry about at Ibrox especially with the form they are in at the moment. I've went for a draw though as I reckon they will come for the draw and get it. Would like to see Grezda and Kent either side of Morelos for this.

Someone posted yesterday that Rapid are bringing 2500 .Could be a lively evening as their no angels apparatenly
They're not getting 2,500 tickets. More like about 1,700, i think.

Either way, I do expect there to be pockets of trouble. Their left leaning politics of their ultras means that they have a bit of a relationship with the mentally challengeds. Expect their mob to have the red carpet rolled out in the Tall Cranes.

This is the spirit. :cool:
We definitely have the capability and the tools to win this. However we have to show hunger on and off the pitch. If we make a noise from the stands that shows how much we want it and we show a hunger and a tempo on the pitch then will get the 3 points.

Who wants it more - us and our players ? Or Rapid and their fans ? If us, it's in the bag. The desire HAS to be there from the first whistle.

We definitely have the capability and the tools to win this. However we have to show hunger on and off the pitch. If we make a noise from the stands that shows how much we want it and we show a hunger and a tempo on the pitch then will get the 3 points.

Who wants it more - us and our players ? Or Rapid and their fans ? If us, it's in the bag. The desire HAS to be there from the first whistle.

Great post, our players have questions to answer.

They will.

I remember at the season's start the manager wanted the roof raised and he got it.

The team will be backed to the hilt on thursday night, the place will be intimidating for Rapid.

Let's blow them away with atmosphere and performance on the park.

Our season takes off, starting here.

See to be honest after yesterday I'm now looking at this as a bit of an inconvenience before the Hearts game, which is much more important to our season.

I'll settle for 8-0.

I know what you mean but this is our first home game in European competition proper since Season 2010-11.

We've been through hell to get back here.

We deserve to enjoy it and whilst, right now, I'm still pissed off about yesterday by Thursday, I reckon I'm going to be bouncing about Rapid.

A score draw, unfortunately. It'll be very interesting to see the line-up. I think we need to stop being a little too clever and simply go with the best XI.

The thing in our favour I believe is that there is no score pressure other than the actual result, we get 3 points whether we win one nil or five. I'm citing this because of the negativity during the qualifier where we won one nil. I've gone for a hard fought 2.1

We are at home, massive crowd to lift the whole place, big reaction from the squad, come out the traps flying and scud them 3-0

Anyone think the game will sell out?

Seems to be a few tickets left. £41 as well for an individual ticket.

Either way, I do expect there to be pockets of trouble. Their left leaning politics of their ultras means that they have a bit of a relationship with the mentally challengeds. Expect their mob to have the red carpet rolled out in the Tall Cranes.
Are Rapid not the mob who wore a special edition orange shirt just to wind the filth up?

Wasn't aware of that mate. Sure I read that Rapid and the mentally challengeds were on decent terms and that Austria Vienna were more on our wavelength. But that could be wrong then.
Read all about another night of selluck scummery here, with their media cocksuckers attempting to excuse it.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2009/oct/01/celtic-rapid-vienna-reunion

It was a red strip Rapid wore to wind them up, the same colours they wore in 1984 when the mentally challengeds scummy behaviour got them papped out of Europe.
I don't know why I thought it was orange, I used to own an orange Austria Vienna shirt.

Probably a draw. They will be very well organized and difficult to break down. That means trouble.

Read all about another night of selluck scummery here, with their media cocksuckers attempting to excuse it.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2009/oct/01/celtic-rapid-vienna-reunion

It was a red strip Rapid wore to wind them up, the same colours they wore in 1984 when the mentally challengeds scummy behaviour got them papped out of Europe.
I don't know why I thought it was orange, I used to own an orange Austria Vienna shirt.
Yes - I actually remember that stuff in '84. Was a young kid at the time, but rememebr the fuss around it.

I was under the impression that in very recent times - and within the Ultra scene - Rapid and the mentally challengeds were on good terms. But hey ho :)

Either way, it wouldn't surprise me if there are issue with their mob in and around Ibrox.

Yes - I actually remember that stuff in '84. Was a young kid at the time, but rememebr the fuss around it.

I was under the impression that in very recent times - and within the Ultra scene - Rapid and the mentally challengeds were on good terms. But hey ho :)

Either way, it wouldn't surprise me if there are issue with their mob in and around Ibrox.

They've got a special relationship, don't y'know?

Can’t wait for Thursday now. It’ll be a different game for sure, positive play, decent atmosphere, everything we crave.....
Nothing like a bit of optimism after a painful Sunday!
2-1 Rangers :)

A tim in my work said their fans were scumbags and there was always a bit of history between them

3-1 to The Famous.Back to our winning ways on Thursday and from the Sandy Jardine rear I'll be cheering every feckin' pass we make.
N.S.

Can’t wait for Thursday now. It’ll be a different game for sure, positive play, decent atmosphere, everything we crave.....
Nothing like a bit of optimism after a painful Sunday!
2-1 Rangers :)

3-1 to The Famous.Back to our winning ways on Thursday and from the Sandy Jardine rear I'll be cheering every feckin' pass we make.
N.S.

Our spirit is unbroken

Our heart is still on fire

Back