Match Thread Rangers v Real Madrid - 18:00 Sunday - RangersTV

Clive referred to players playing in the Light Blue, a clear reference to the shirt colour, schoolboy error. Yes, we are the Light Blues, always have been..... well at least since the very early days. But, he did it yesterday as well. Play it back if you dont believe me.
Match report on rangers website references 'the light blues'. Must be a week end for nostalgia

Will come as no surprise but checked bbc shortbread website this morning and absolutely no mention of Rangers. Ok it's only a meaningless friendly however any other Scottish side recording a win over the world's biggest club would be showered with praise. We don't need their approval , far from it ,but predictably f***ing pathetic from those at Pacific quay.

Was a great performance new guys done well looked the part right away and the team spirit is as good as ive ever seen from any Rangers side...card count for Madrid tells you they took it quite seriously the effort was there from both sides from the opening minute. The result was also fair.

Before the game i thought we badly need Alfie back i was wrong.

In Gerrard we really have a leader i like how serious he is always totally focused this is my team im the gaffer. Totally different type of football but very similar style of man-management as Walter. Has the players respect and they love playing for him.

With the fans back behind this team we can surprise a few big names in the CL(ofcourse we will get there).

The Real Madrid YouTube channel has the full game. Over 1.6 million views already! Excellent exposure for the club.

The comments on that video would give our match day threads a run for their money. Absolute meltdown :D

Maybe this should be given a thread on its own, as it will be drowned in comments.

Great result but more importantly the performance was sharp. Didn't think much of Lundstram after his first couple of games but looked good yesterday, as did Sakala. Then more of the same from Tav, Kent, Wright and Davis - classy

Only thing that wasn't classy was the booing of the taking of the knee. Going to be worse when there's a full stadium as well

If Kent was playing for an English team and another bigger English club wanted him you would be looking at minimum 40 million. Because he is playing in Scotland the English know we need the cash more than they do and never offer big money. We need to keep our best players and to balance the books have a good run in the CL and move on a lot of players who will not figure much to free up wages and reduce costs.
The virus has cost us a lot of cash but if we can keep those who play well for us the prize money and hopefully CL gate cash will be a big help.

i'm loving the Yahoos mentality of "its only Real Madrid reserves"

that side would scud the Yahoos never mind the rest of the league

Performance has me very confident ahead of the start of the season.

Kent the first 45. Kamara the 2nd. They can piss and moan all they want about the unavailable's, but those two showed they are a level above.

Score was irrelevant, but happy to win. Our attacking play was brilliant, just needing some goal scoring touch which comes with games. Defensively I'm a little concerned about our shape for the euro games, but it's something im certain Gerrard will fix once the team is more settled.

Delighted for Itten and Sakala scoring. But Kent and Kamara were just so bloody good.
Performance has me very confident ahead of the start of the season.

Kent the first 45. Kamara the 2nd. They can piss and moan all they want about the unavailable's, but those two showed they are a level above.

Score was irrelevant, but happy to win. Our attacking play was brilliant, just needing some goal scoring touch which comes with games. Defensively I'm a little concerned about our shape for the euro games, but it's something im certain Gerrard will fix once the team is more settled.

Delighted for Itten and Sakala scoring. But Kent and Kamara were just so bloody good.
Kamara is the Rolls Royce of midfielders. Left the Real players for dead on numerous occasions. Fantastic to watch.

Sometimes we as fans don’t quite appreciate what we have in our team and sometimes take it all for granted. The irony is that having experienced 7 years in the wilderness the SG years have made us all realise what a team we now have. Rolls Royce players like Kamara and Kent were picked up by the dj Madrid fan and the commentators. They stood out from the crowd, more so than any of the Real stars. But as most of us on FF realise, we may not be due their true value. Leeds with their paltry £10 mil for Kent is laughable. I agree with many on here that they ought to be valued as serious money when one sees the value of lesser mortals being sold in the EPL at ridiculous prices of £50, £60 and £70 mil. I want to keep these guys and go higher in the CL groupings rather than sold for fish fingers instead of goldfingers.

Great result but more importantly the performance was sharp. Didn't think much of Lundstram after his first couple of games but looked good yesterday, as did Sakala. Then more of the same from Tav, Kent, Wright and Davis - classy

Only thing that wasn't classy was the booing of the taking of the knee. Going to be worse when there's a full stadium as well

Commented on it at the time, it's going to be a lot worse with a full house.

A complete PR own goal waiting to happen.

Back