Match Thread Rangers v Real Madrid - 18:00 Sunday - RangersTV

in my seat in the club deck - last time I was up here was about 25 years and two stone ago. Kudos to the bears that make that climb every game!
(and I’ve got a great view of my own seat in CR1)

Fantastic to be back!
I’m in the very back row. As you said Stuff doing that climb every week…

Its also like an oven. No air

Last edited:
This is a chance for Scott Wright to make a name for himself.
He needs to step forward and actually do something, he has been dining out on a good performance against Cove Rangers.
More is required and this is a great chance.
I dont think this is a do or die game for him at all today, mate.

You might be taking this friendly a bit serious mate lol

I agree to an extent, he’s a project signing and he’s a useful option - his numbers have never been good, that’s why he’s a project - this was known when he signed, and has been referred to as the are

He’ll start boosting them soon.

You’re coming across as pretty harsh IMO.
Might seem a bit harsh but he could end up going the same way as Greg Docherty, Jordan Jones, Middleton etc.
Needs to make a mark.

Might seem a bit harsh but he could end up going the same way as Greg Docherty, Jordan Jones, Middleton etc.
Needs to make a mark.

Or he could end up being a success. I agree with you that he’s not done as much as some would claim…but he gives us something different and I think he can kick on

Anyone not tainted by rancid anti Rangers bigotry will recognise a truly stunning football stadium when they see it

Inside and out, Ibrox is unmatched anywhere. I love our home so much.
'Iconic' is overused. But Ibrox truly is iconic.

Those feeling too confident here

I still expect a real madrid b team to have the tecchnical ability and movement unlike any Gerrard team has faced to date. This will be a good excersize in pressing….

Or he could end up being a success. I agree with you that he’s not done as much as some would claim…but he gives us something different and I think he can kick on
Trust me i'd love to see him be a success hence me saying today he could leave his mark.
A few on here taking it the wrong way but at least you can acknowledge he has not done as much as some seem to think.

Those feeling too confident here

I still expect a real madrid b team to have the tecchnical ability and movement unlike any Gerrard team has faced to date. This will be a good excersize in pressing….

It’ll all come down to how RM treat the game, I think they’ll be surprised by how competitive we’ll be, it’s whether they’ll try to match that or just see it as a game to get match fit.

'We like to think of ourselves as a big club' from the commentator, there.

He should get told that we undeniably are a big club. Stevie rightfully telling him that Madrid called us.

Back