Votes: 151 35.4%
  • Raskin

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Colak

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Frustratingly Alfies set up play is great but his final ball kinda goes where you want Alfie to be.

Now getting very keen to see Alfie and Colak get a run in the team together

I think Morelos could slot into the role that Sakala does really well tbh. Should have been Colak on for Sakala.

I'm not "singling him out" so you should climb down off your high horse mate. It was merely an observation about us struggling to break stuffy teams down. I dont need to watch anything back.
Not singling him out yet your post and contribution to the match thread *only* references how Sakala was the wrong choice for the game... ok then.

We'll agree to disagree. I believe our issue up front today was far more than Sakala being the wrong choice. As per usual, we didn't take the clear chances we had and Morelos and others were far too guilty of not shooting when in good positions.

Another game where the ref applies different standards to us and the other team. Unbelievable.

Looking at the card count you would think that we were hacking them down every time they had the ball. We win the ball, foul or yellow card, they launch themselves at us from 10 yards away, play on. Alfie and fashions cards were an utter joke.

Performance wise I suppose it was too much to expect the same standard as midweek but it was really really flat. Again too many wrong choices for the final ball and so bad on shooting.

But 3 points is 3 points I suppose.
8 fouls and 4 yellow cards in 90 minutes for us today. Just for comparison, it's taken Celtic 58 fouls across 7 league games, to get the same 4 yellow cards. I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but that's just mental.

I'd say he's the worst in this league
There's definitely not much of a difference between the worst and him. I think he can be good, "On His Day" like all players. I think he has the worst mentality in the League and probably include the Championship in that. Once he makes a mistake, he's gone, absolutely destroyed and we're basically playing with a man down. The Quote "The Shirt is too big for him" gets used far too much and it annoys me but with Jon, THE SHIRT IS FARRRRRR TOO BIG FOR HIM!!!! Once Robbie gets fit enough he has to be number 2 to McGregor because obviously The Gaffer sees McGregor as his number 1 this season.

We dominated that game but failed to put them away and ended up needing a deflection and some desperate defending to get the win. For the most part It was back to the ponderous indecisive play we've seen all season, as we struggled to break down 11 men behind the ball. The fast free flowing football we enjoyed on Wednesday was nowhere to be seen today.

The three points were very welcome though. As Gordon Smith said at the end, "winning is a habit" and the new gaffer has certainly got us in that groove. We saw flashes of quality from several players today, Cantwell, Tillman, Kent, Morelos and Borna. However, we failed to gel as a team and more often than not the pass went astray or the first touch was poor.

MOTM: Barasic. I'm really surprised he didnt get a mention from RTV or match sponsors as I thought he was outstanding again today. I also thought the new boy Raskin had an air of authority about him when he came on for his cameo. Hungry for the ball and willing to drive forward. I hope its a sign of things to come...

WATP!

They put players behind the ball and made it difficult but we played with absolutely no intensity and very little quality in the final third

One of the biggest issues of that is Ryan Jack. He slows everything down and is never positive on the ball. With Raskin, Cantwell and Tillman we have raised the level of players and Jack is slowing us down hugely.

I am glad that is over with.
We got there and that’s all that matters but it was very disappointing to see us losing so many 50-50 tackles in important areas of the pitch in the second half.
There are times we struggle with the physicality of some of these sides with tall players, and they cause chaos to us at set pieces.
Although he made a mistake for the equalizer, I’m glad McLaughlin was in goal near the end as he came out and took a couple of cross balls that McGregor would’ve left.

We dominated that game but failed to put them away and ended up needing a deflection and some desperate defending to get the win. For the most part It was back to the ponderous indecisive play we've seen all season, as we struggled to break down 11 men behind the ball. The fast free flowing football we enjoyed on Wednesday was nowhere to be seen today.

The three points were very welcome though. As Gordon Smith said at the end, "winning is a habit" and the new gaffer has certainly got us in that groove. We saw flashes of quality from several players today, Cantwell, Tillman, Kent, Morelos and Borna. However, we failed to gel as a team and more often than not the pass went astray or the first touch was poor.

MOTM: Barasic. I'm really surprised he didnt get a mention from RTV or match sponsors as I thought he was outstanding again today. I also thought the new boy Raskin had an air of authority about him when he came on for his cameo. Hungry for the ball and willing to drive forward. I hope its a sign of things to come...

WATP!

On Raskin, his first pass was forward in attempt to get a move going. Think he'll shake things up a bit in midfield, at least I hope he does anyway.

Surely this has to be a glaring problem?

We simply will not get away with Jeckyl and Hyde performances indefintely.
Absolutely not.

It really ground my gears watching that fat blowhard Mackay all animated on the touchline with his chest puffed out because our failure to maintain Wednesday’s form had somehow kept him and his bunch of plodders in the game until the final whistle.

You could see more or less from the start that we didn’t have the same intensity as midweek and that was really disappointing, if not entirely unexpected.

Morelos has been good so far, should've done better with the header but his touch and work rate have been spot on.
Lo

WATP!
Borna my MOTM followed closely by Cantwell.

There's definitely not much of a difference between the worst and him. I think he can be good, "On His Day" like all players. I think he has the worst mentality in the League and probably include the Championship in that. Once he makes a mistake, he's gone, absolutely destroyed and we're basically playing with a man down. The Quote "The Shirt is too big for him" gets used far too much and it annoys me but with Jon, THE SHIRT IS FARRRRRR TOO BIG FOR HIM!!!! Once Robbie gets fit enough he has to be number 2 to McGregor because obviously The Gaffer sees McGregor as his number 1 this season.
This 100% First mistake and he's gone, can hardly kick the ball. You can see the change in him so clearly. He’s a decent keeper but doesn’t have it mentally for this club.

Buff gets into really good positions unfortunately his finishing leaves a lot to be desired. Converts his chances today and we're cruising imo.

That was honking today bar two 5 minute spells where we got our goals. Concentration levels were all over the place. It’s as if they thought “ah we pumped Hearts and we’re brilliant again, we don’t need to work hard anymore”

Cantwell MOTM for me

Sakala is not the guy for stuffy fixtures at home. Hagi coming back will help us trying to break teams down. We really need a clinical centre forward in the summer.
A center forward with good height,and the ability to get up there and head on target.So many beautiful Borna crosses going to waste.

Ref was the least of our worries. Why are we struggling against the dross in this league?
Didn't say our performance was great but he seemed to get the cards out pretty quickly for our players compared to theirs.
Prime example, ex Accies player lunges in at the touch line, no card. Wee talking to from the ref.
Alfie has a bit of a lunge, card out straight away.
Then the ex Accies player kicks Cantwell, ball is about 6 feet away. The ref obviously seems it as we get a foul. No card even though he already had a talking to. Go figure.

8 fouls and 4 yellow cards in 90 minutes for us today. Just for comparison, it's taken Celtic 58 fouls across 7 league games, to get the same 4 yellow cards. I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but that's just mental.
Listen, you’ll get some clown on here telling you they foul differently or some other such nonsense.

It’s a blatant ongoing stat that can’t be argued.

Said it during the game but thought the change of Tillman for Lundstram, although positive at the time (and obviously Tillman got the important goal) unbalanced the side and shows how important Beale's preferred double pivot is in keeping on the front foot even though it may seem overly cautious in a game like today.

This 100% First mistake and he's gone, can hardly kick the ball. You can see the change in him so clearly. He’s a decent keeper but doesn’t have it mentally for this club.
Need to get McCrorie fit quick and get him in the team. The two keepers we have are both as bad as each other. Sure McCorie cannot be any worse. If he is why is he still there.

He’s hardly played he’s played cameo roles , 1 goal every 162 mins will be one of the best in the league it’s also his second best season for us based on they stats
The problem is he's trying to play two roles he has to decide does he want to be judged as a midfielder or a striker.
If it's as a midfielder his goal stats are good enough but he misses too many chances to be the main striker at Rangers.

Need to get McCrorie fit quick and get him in the team. The two keepers we have are both as bad as each other. Sure McCorie cannot be any worse. If he is why is he still there.
Yep, we need to get him into the team and playing to assess him properly on where he is today.
We need to sign another keeper in the summer regardless but your right, the club must know what he has to offer after all these years.

Beale has maybe already decided that all 3 keepers will feature in the squad next season.

9 goals in 29 appearances you happy with that ?
Why don’t you count it by minutes played? He has only started 15 games and he has played the equivalent of 17 full games.

9 goals from 15 starts is more than decent. Especially when 3 of those starts were the champions league games where we were embarrassed.

Is there ANY possible chance we can get some optimism guys? Not trying to be an “after timer” but I was delighted - and said so on FF - when Michael was appointed.

Many others agreed, some were less than impressed. I think he’s engendered a spirit that was sadly lacking, for whatever reason, in the last few weeks of Gio’s reign. Of course there’s got to be a re-organisation in the summer. But let’s be positive. Two cups. And BTW the league still isn’t done. (Aye, I know, but I’m 72 this year so I reckon I get a bit of leeway!)

A center forward with good height,and the ability to get up there and head on target.So many beautiful Borna crosses going to waste.
It's absolutely correct.
For having played several seasons with our main attacks coming from attacking full backs battering in crosses, it's the most obvious missing attacking aspect of our team.

I still like seeing the Borna crosses whip in, but I'm glad that we don't seem to rely on either those or Tav's too much nowadays.
Still .... having that big striker available would be handy sometimes ....

Yep, we need to get him into the team and playing to assess him properly on where he is today.
We need to sign another keeper in the summer regardless but your right, the club must know what he has to offer after all these years.

Beale has maybe already decided that all 3 keepers will feature in the squad next season.
God Noooooo !

MOTM Tillman all day long changed the game when he came on. He made things happen.

An emerging Cantwell, a glimmer of The Rascal and tekkers Tillman makes me happy. 3 points and more time with coaching squad. 11 men defending never easy nor fun to watch. Progress!

God Noooooo !

MOTM Tillman all day long changed the game when he came on. He made things happen.
:)) :D:)) FFS I was wondering what you disagreed with :)) I honestly meant to type Beale has maybe decided all 3 of our keepers WONT be part of our plans

Agree with MOM choice, he is the creative difference in that team, great for breaking down that horrible narrow and very, very deep formation teams play against us.

Hard watching as we scraped a win today but we did have our moments.

Tillman, Cantwell and Raskin do look they will be great players for us.

New referee who looks like a wrong one to me, he offered us no protection and booked Rangers players for daring to make a tackle.

Back