Votes: 151 35.4%
  • Raskin

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Colak

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Another game where the ref applies different standards to us and the other team. Unbelievable.

Looking at the card count you would think that we were hacking them down every time they had the ball. We win the ball, foul or yellow card, they launch themselves at us from 10 yards away, play on. Alfie and fashions cards were an utter joke.

Performance wise I suppose it was too much to expect the same standard as midweek but it was really really flat. Again too many wrong choices for the final ball and so bad on shooting.

But 3 points is 3 points I suppose.

Not sure how you go from the performance in midweek to that to that today. Very poor but 3 points at least

Cantwell, Tillman and the brief appearance of Raskin the main positives.

McLaughlin flapping at the goal again
Hearts were wide open and fancied a result. Two entirely different games but it wasn't the best.

Unlucky with the lovely strikes from Cantwell and Kent both hitting the bar. Had one gone in it would have been an easier watch in the closing stages

3 points and that was vital.
However a hard watch yet again.
One goal leads going into the final minutes is not good for the heart.

Sakala is not the guy for stuffy fixtures at home. Hagi coming back will help us trying to break teams down. We really need a clinical centre forward in the summer.

Disappointing today after the performance on Wednesday.

I thought it might be a frustrating afternoon but expected it to be more comfortable than it was.

We’ve only got ourselves to blame for that.
Surely this has to be a glaring problem?

We simply will not get away with Jeckyl and Hyde performances indefintely.

Apart from 1 header on goal they done nothing that deserved a draw. Rangers were the far better team by far. The referee had an absolute nightmare where he got very little right all through the game. Inexplicable bookings for nothing tackles from our players to allowing County to pull and hall as well as kick our players up in the air any time they fancied. That display was no where near good enough from an SFA/SPFL qualified referee.

Wednesday aside we look like were still building towards a more dynamic shape and play style which I think is encouraging. I like what Beale is doing. I thought Borna had another good game. Some of the crosses and passes he delivered today were superb. I thought Tillman was good again when he came on. On first viewing I liked what I seen from Raskin when he came on. I thought Cantwell was excellent and got my man of the match.

For the short 15mins or so Raskin was on, he had some really nice touches and seems like he could be a good one. Quite excited to see how he does once up to speed.

Frustrating thing for me watching that match though is how we weren’t moving the ball quick enough through their defensive lines. I know they had 10 men behind the ball, but force them to come out by not playing so high, and then break through them.

Thanks for the meticulous reply. Loads of info there.

As meticulous as calling another win brutal and terrible?

An opponent set up to frustrate us and nick something on the break or at a set piece, which they did.

Brutal and terrible was getting pumped senseless in Europe and barely touching the ball, to me anyway

But if a routine win at home vs stubborn opposition is brutal and terrible, fck knows how you've come this far over the last 10 yr

Another 3 points, that's the key thing, but still a lot of work to ensure we are seeing consistent high level performances. In Beale I trust.

After the highs of Tynecastle I expected a stodgy performance. We started too slow. Mind you, County’s line at the back made life difficult for us. We lost a poor goal. Mclaughlin at fault. Bit of fortune for our second. I’ll take it. 3 points and on we go
Our first goal summed up perfectly what we are up against most weeks. We scored from open play yet when Tillman got his head on it County had 2 on the line beside the keeper, 8 players in total within a yard of their own 6 yard line with 6 inside it and 10 within the 18 yard box. So difficult to break down no matter how good a team you are.

Job done though a bit shaky defensively.
We clearly have a number of skilful players to select from and on another day would have had a few more goals. Alfie’s link up play and lay offs are excellent but he seems to have lost a bit of the killer instinct.
Looking at the movement of Cantwell and Raskin (cameo only of course) I believe we’ve had a good window for acquisitions.

Sakala is not the guy for stuffy fixtures at home. Hagi coming back will help us trying to break teams down. We really need a clinical centre forward in the summer.
That's a wild take. Sakala was excellent, constantly breaking the lines and putting balls into the box. Our other striker was woeful in his finishing and desire to shoot, as has become the norm.

Shit kicker of a game tbh. We really need to put our chances away when we have them. This game would have been done and dusted inside 45 mins.

The ref was horrendous. I thought when he booked them early doors for niggling fouls that he was going to have a handle on the persistent fouling but he must have had coupon on or something, because he never bothered to stop the County foul tactics after that. Just booked us for doing similar kinds of challenges back. The County goal came from a corner that wasn't a corner, however it was horrendously defended by us again.

Again, stop swapping keepers about, Michael. McLaughlin is pish and honestly isn't any better at coming for crosses than McGregor, which is saying something. Beale needs to stop over complicating things, guilty of dodgy subs as well, did really well to bring Tillman on first half and then in the second half he nearly negated that by bringing on Kamara when we needed to put the pressure on. Felt like we were trying to ride out a bit of County pressure and then resume once we'd repelled it, looks good when you manage to pull it off. You look like a dick when you don't.

Positives, Cantwell, Raskin and Tillman all looked really good. Also felt our approach play was outstanding in the first half.

Shocking referee, needs called out.

Ill take that, Hearts we’re open and planned to have a go. RC where 100% park the bus, very narrow and about 8 players inside the 6 yard box. We did well to break them down.

goalkeeping at set pieces was terrible. I hope this doesn’t cost us through to the summer.

Not sure how you go from the performance in midweek to that to that today. Very poor but 3 points at least

Cantwell, Tillman and the brief appearance of Raskin the main positives.

McLaughlin flapping at the goal again
Because the tactics of the opposition were extremely different in both matches.

That's a wild take. Sakala was excellent, constantly breaking the lines and putting balls into the box. Our other striker was woeful in his finishing and desire to shoot, as has become the norm.
Absolutely nothing wild about it. Sakala is much better and much more effective when he has space to run into and attack - Beale said it himself. When it needs to be intricate and precise it's not his style.

Absolutely nothing wild about it. Sakala is much better and much more effective when he has space to run into and attack - Beale said it himself.
I suggest you watch the match back again. If Beale didn't think Sakala was the right choice against a stuffy defence, he wouldn't have started him and he went on to have a very good game. He did more than Morelos, for sure. A very bizarre player for you to single out.

I don't understand why we brought off Sakala to bring on Kamara. Colak was the sub to bring on, have Morelos in the more withdrawn striker role. Guilty of over thinking things perhaps.

As meticulous as calling another win brutal and terrible?

An opponent set up to frustrate us and nick something on the break or at a set piece, which they did.

Brutal and terrible was getting pumped senseless in Europe and barely touching the ball, to me anyway

But if a routine win at home vs stubborn opposition is brutal and terrible, fck knows how you've come this far over the last 10 yr
Happy with the win but it was brutal and terrible to watch. We shouldn't be dangling by a thread at the end of 90 mins against teams of that calibre, regardless of how they set their stall out.

I suggest you watch the match back again. If Beale didn't think Sakala was the right choice against a stuffy defence, he wouldn't have started him and he went on to have a very good game. He did more than Morelos, for sure. A very bizarre player for you to single out.
I'm not "singling him out" so you should climb down off your high horse mate. It was merely an observation about us struggling to break stuffy teams down. I dont need to watch anything back.

I thought we could go with McLaughlin at the start of the season but he's now giving me the jitters anytime the ball goes near him.
If he makes a mistake he falls to pieces, even his kicking goes and you can see the panic in his play.
Hes a decent keeper but he doesn’t have the minerals to be a Rangers keeper.

Job done though a bit shaky defensively.
We clearly have a number of skilful players to select from and on another day would have had a few more goals. Alfie’s link up play and lay offs are excellent but he seems to have lost a bit of the killer instinct.
Looking at the movement of Cantwell and Raskin (cameo only of course) I believe we’ve had a good window for acquisitions.
Frustratingly Alfies set up play is great but his final ball kinda goes where you want Alfie to be.

Now getting very keen to see Alfie and Colak get a run in the team together

Last half hour we had a few promising moves start with good passes out from defence or midfield then break down due to sloppy final balls - a bit extra sharpness and we could have really killed that game. A struggle, but we were well on top for all but 5 minutes, a few positives in terms of individual players and continuing to integrate Cantwell and introducing Raskin. Three points, we move on and over to see if St. Johnstone can do us a favour tomorrow.

Back