Match Thread Rangers v Ross County - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV.tv

Surely Kai Kennedy is a better option than Barker on the bench?

Another 1-0 or 2-0 snorefest coming up with that team.

Kamara should be nowhere near the team IMO.

The staff have to start becoming more ruthless with a lot of the “senior” players at times.

You simply can’t make mistakes like he made at the weekend then be allowed to start the next game, it sends out such a poor message.
Who replaces him? It has to be someone better. No point in weaking the team to prove a point

Been poor since return from Dubai, need a reaction tonight. Did l hear right that the game could be in danger due to weather

Fair lack of depth on the bench

Big chance for Ojo to prove he has got what it takes, time to put up or regret this for the rest of your life.

I’m starting to question Gerard’s mental well-being, fucking Ojo.

County played quite an open expansive game at the piggery on Saturday, so I can only think he's hoping his pace can hurt them on the counter.

Hopefully Polster offers something down the right tonight and Ojo gets his finger out. Also hope we don’t see Morelos!

I’d have played Aribo in a CM role tonight. In a game where we’ll be expected to dominate that extra player with creativity might make the difference.

I get that and normally encourage it. However, Kamara's dip in form has physically cost us points. That should have seen him dropped no question. He needs a massive game today otherwise there is no reason to persist for now and he would need dropped for a bit. He is a good player but when a player is so off form he hurts the team like he did on Sunday. Kamara made a total arse of it then and cannot do that again.

I do agree, I am very surprised he is in the starting line-up.
Tav cost us points at tyncastle then had his best spell of the season after it goldson cost up in Aberdeen they went on to also have his best spell of the season with us. Kamara was at fault yes but throwing him under the bus could wreck his confidence giving him a chance at home to a bottom 6 side to get his form back is the correct decision

I really feel for guys like Docherty when Barker makes the bench ahead of them, no need to have both him and Jones there. I'd rather see Doc or one of the younger lads take his place.

It says to me that Docherty is likely to go on loan and we don‘t want to risk injury..and that Jones will be staying.

Strong looking team. We should pump Ross County tonight.

Maybe kamara has been taken aside and told, you can't have 10 minutes on the ball, wake the fekk up and keep the ball moving. Still win easily

Tav cost us points at tyncastle then had his best spell of the season after it goldson cost up in Aberdeen they went on to also have his best spell of the season with us. Kamara was at fault yes but throwing him under the bus could wreck his confidence giving him a chance at home to a bottom 6 side to get his form back is the correct decision
It's not about throwing him under the bus. The performance by Kamara on Sunday was one of the single worst performances from a Rangers player for a long time. Added to the fact he's been exceptionally poor previous games as well. One could argue that continuing to play him whilst he's having these bad games could also wreck his confidence. He has another performance like he did on Sunday and the fans will be very much on his back and quite possibly rightfully so unfortunately.

Looking for a big performance tonight no fcking excuses,Ojo better perform tonight last chance for me

There is no chance St Johnstone will get anything tonight. I want to be positive, but that's delusional.

This is whats so galling about losing to Hearts....we're now desperately hoping the likes of St Johnstone and Hamilton can do us a favour. There's absoloutely no chance.

EPeBP9cXsAAiczq.jpg
Eek was hoping Alfie would start. Should still be good enough to win. Early goal - bring it on!!!!!

3-0 Arfield, Defoe and Kent. Wonder if their new CB Donaldson is playing, turns like a oil tanker, if we can keep the ball down we should get plenty joy.

A few players need to show up tonight to ensure they’re considered going forward. Ojo obviously, but Defoe needs to show his quality, and hopefully Arfield being in there should help.

Glad for Polster, think he deserves a chance. Could be a useful player in the run in if he can show consistently what we’ve seen glimpses of.

3 points a must, goals galore a preference.

3-0 win tonight.
Alfie won’t be needed and hopefully rests up the calf ahead of next 2 tougher games.

Not looking good for Flanagan's long term future. Well done Matt Polster though, grabbed an unbelievable opportunity with both hands. Has did well to get himself back into the Rangers team too ;)

Wild out here tonight though so I will settle for a win regardless how it comes.

Glad Poster got the call.

Can't see them scoring tbh, so possession and pick them off please.

Comfortable 2-0, and if in doubt re his calf, keep Alfie on the bench.

Playing Sheyi Ojo for Rangers is insanity. The guy is useless.

I’ll repeat what I said, if he scores tonight and we win then it’s still insanity?

I absolutely detest posts like yours, it isn’t productive and it isn’t helpful.

He hasn’t been great but support the guy and try to be part of helping find some sort of turn in form.

Last edited:
Not overly concerned about Ojo playing, I think if plays to his strengths he could be effective in getting closer to Defoe. Slightly worried about Defoes ability to play 3 games in the space of a week, he obviously still fit, but in an ideal world we'd be able to start Alfie

Back