Press Conference Rangers v Ross County - pre match press conference (videos added)

Borna and Tav just haven't had the confidence to bomb forward like they were doing up until Jacks injury, Arfield did provide good cover for that role but he's better with his quick 1 pass and move plus his late runs into the box.

You just need to look at the sheep goal 2 weeks ago, Tav went up but Aribo was too lazy to cover. Vital to get Jack back in the starting 11 for the Hivs game and Antwerp games.

I think that is a bit harsh. It’s not as simpl as just being a matter of effort, he doesn’t have the awareness of danger Ryan Jack has. The Ryan Jack role does not come naturally to him.

True mate I'm being a bit harsh, Really want Aribo in the front 3 his movement and touch suits him there. We were asking him to do a very hard job trying to cover the Jack role literally only 1 who can do it is Scotty with his energy.

Yes, some Rangers news and talk.

Having both Jack and a Roofe back is fantastic news. Jack back in the midfield and Helander into the back four - an all.round better unit and balance to the side.

Great news about Jack, Roofe and even Arfield. Some game time for Jack this weekend against County then hopefully in from the start v Hibs.

True mate I'm being a bit harsh, Really want Aribo in the front 3 his movement and touch suits him there. We were asking him to do a very hard job trying to cover the Jack role literally only 1 who can do it is Scotty with his energy.
Aribo no matter where he has been playing since he came back from injury earlier in the season has been terrible, he constantly slows the game gives no forward movement and plays either side to side or back the way, gets caught on the ball to much for me and is terrified to shoot for some reason, having said all that he is a very talented young man and if he can recover his early season form he will be an asset but for now he needs rested as the team recently with him in it is beginning to resemble the way we were last season when we had a poor spell.

Surprised no one asked what SG thinks of the circus going on across the city, not complaining I know rangers are very much concerned with our own job, forget the noise and all that!

Jack in particular. This dip in form corresponds directly to his injury. He came off in a 4-0 win against Aberdeen, since that game we have had 9 domestic games where we have been conceding far more chances than we had been and not creating as much. Jack contributes hugely to control of the game.
The impact on Tav is crazy but to be fair Dani Alves was the same for Barca

Back