Match Thread ** Rangers v Ross County - RangersTV.tv Only **

We came back from a goal down to beat the mighty Ross County 2-1 at Ibrox.

It's a MIRACLE !

It's actually the first time we have ever beat them in a league match at Ibrox. Two shots last season and they both ended up in draws. Don't knock it, it's a good comeback and a good 3 points today. Three league victories on the bounce for the first in a long time. We'll done to Graeme Murty. You've helped to put a smile on more than a few Bears faces tonight. C'mon the 'gers.

Possession- Rangers 59% Ross County 49%
Shots- Rangers 19 Ross County 7
On target- Rangers 6 Ross county 4
corners- Rangers 9 Ross county 0
Fouls- Rangers 9 Ross county 7

Attendance- 48,138

Fantastic by the bears once again and a freezing cold day into the bargain,Best fans in the world without a doubt.

Last edited:
Miller was non existent for about 80 mins. He came alive right at the end, running about a lot and giving the ball away at every opportunity does not indicate a good game. If you seriously think Miller is adding something to this team then I worry about your sanity.

I wouldn't be starting Herrera but that is purely because I prefer Morelos.

Cool, we'll just ignore the fact that him winning the ball up the park led to the first goal

When’s Windass going to realise he has the pace and ability to just go past players, the amount of times he had them on the back foot then played a poor pass instead of driving at them.

If McCrorie is fit I would put money on the team that started the second half starting on Wednesday

It's actually the first time we have ever beat them in a league match at Ibrox. Two shots last season and they both ended up in draws. Don't knock it, it's a good comeback and a good 3 points today. Three league victories on the bounce for the first in a long time. We'll done to Graeme Murty. You've helped to put a smile on more than a few Bears faces tonight. C'mon the 'gers.

Oh i'm not knocking it mate.
I was still confident we would have came back and won without the need of a miracle.

Just in the motor on the way home. That was grim at times. Shape we had against sheep away to feck. Morelos gave Windass it stinkin for not squaring it.Barjonas big unit. Could be another like McCrorie,hope the boy is ok hopefully just precautionary.

Worries, McCrorie's injury, Miller playing every game even though he has a touch like a rapist and cannot score for love nor money, Pena really not suited to Scottish football unsurprisingly, Herrera never looking like getting any game time to show what hes about, sloppy defending at times again cost us the 1st goal.

Positives, we won with grit and determination something whats been missing, the team looks to have a good shape now with McCrorie forcing his way into things, the guys an absolute beast in midfield, Morelos getting a goal can only be good for him, Murty showed he can change things early, Barjonas getting game time and looking comfortable, and we won 3 in a row so people can stop talking about it, and again we won and move to 2nd just 4 points behind them.

Not a great performance overall but good to see that heads didn't drop too far after a woeful first half and that the players stuck in. Now that's over we should be a bit more confident and hopefully ignore the off field events and the multitude of criticisms from haters.
McCrorie is undeniably a class player and Barjonas has every chance of following him.
Miller has a moment or two during a game but is largely done - should be kept as an impact sub to make use of his running late in matches when opposition defenders could tire.
Look forward to Wednesday and hopefully will get less of the wee dinky final passes in the opponent's penalty area when it's just too overcrowded (we don't have a Messi unfortunately).

Cool, we'll just ignore the fact that him winning the ball up the park led to the first goal
He won the ball once and tried to play it on to himself, over hit it as usual cause his first touch is pish and it luckily went on to Candieas. I’m pretty sure he never meant to pass to him

Never seen the game so can't comment on the performance but I'm delighted with the result.It's not that long ago we'd have managed a point at best after being 1-0 down at half time.Well done Gers and the 3 wins in a row monkey is off our backs at last.

Possession- Rangers 59% Ross County 49%
Shots- Rangers 19 Ross County 7
On target- Rangers 6 Ross county 4
corners- Rangers 9 Ross county 0
Fouls- Rangers 9 Ross county 7
I couldn't get to see the action, just updated with wee snippets on here and the impression was that we were utterly second best today. But going by your stats not all bad eh? As always on FF, the team and certain players don't get the credit they deserve.

We will need to have a big improvement against the HIVS midweek,Perform like that and we're dropping points, If McCrorie is a doubt for Wednesday Bates will slot in, Hopefully only taken off as a precaution.

The sooner Jack and Dorans are back the better,Team looks far better with both in.

First time we’ve won without scoring in the first half
3 victory’s in row

Delighted for murty

An gets that 3rd win

Declan Johns needs to work on the crossing on the run
Like Futsal
Shoot to miss
Some one will have a tap in at the back post

He always seems to over hit it out the park
Silly gripe
Delighted with the win

Clyde stooge caller, Rangers supporter 'Anthony'(not even hiding it), calls to lambast Peña...all agree, especially eternal Rangers hater Dalziel...what a prick. Now smelly auld Shoe asks the troglodyte-brained Gordon if 'HE' could get shot of Carlos in January, would he ?

Horrible stuff. Peña was excellent the last two games and today is movement iMO was good but Candeias was poor first-half yet they praise him for effort and the irony is he missed three Peña runs that could have been good chances had the crosses not been pish...

How these fûckwîts get a wage out of their piss-poor opinions is mind-boggling !

A win is a win, keeps momentum going and builds confidence. Midfield is key against HIVs, hope McCrorie is available but I also have confidence in Barjonas. Glad we can move on from 3 in a row conversation.

Well done Rangers or thank Christ for that:D
Shame about the Hamilton game at home 3 points there and we are in it , results like Dundee happen every now and then but Hamilton really sticks in my craw.

Windass through the middle or not at all...Miller impact sub...Morelos to start...wrap Ross in cotton wool and put him away til the midweek game.

I couldn't get to see the action, just updated with wee snippets on here and the impression was that we were utterly second best today. But going by your stats not all bad eh? As always on FF, the team and certain players don't get the credit they deserve.
I only seen snippets of the game because of buffering, The stats are from the BBC report.

We will need to have a big improvement against the HIVS midweek,Perform like that and we're dropping points, If McCrorie is a doubt for Wednesday Bates will slot in, Hopefully only taken off as a precaution.

The sooner Jack and Dorans are back the better,Team looks far better with both in.
Bates won't come in for McCrorie bud
Ross is playing in midfield and the young boy Jamie will slot in I'd guess

Thank feck for that, 3 points in the bag. Well done to Murty and JJ. McCrorie is going to become a top class player, hopefully with us. Miller was getting pelters for the chances missed today, but no one can doubt his work rate and never hides. Onwards and upwards Bears.

I only saw the first half after Ross County goal and thought we moved the ball very well so I was disappointed to hear the crowd booing the team off.

I had to go out and was relieved to hear we won the match.

Once a team gets in front they have something to hold onto and can make it very hard. It is a good 3 points.

Dalziel on the radio saying it was a poor performance. How come when Aberdeen or the scum win by the odd goal it’s a great result. But when we do it there’s always a negative spin

A poor performance? As a team lacking three wins in a row for a period just one(?) week short of a whole year, we came back to earn the victory. Eventually more comfortable and aesthetically pleasing displays will definitely be required, but right now it was a good enough performance to see us take another step in the right direction.

County had 10 men in their box for most of that game they only started to play a little once we equalised. Not an easy game after their early opener but we found a way.

Just back in. Delighted with a win. Some good performances. Candeias turned every hammer-thrower set on him. Ross was majestic, even after the knock. Freddie scores. But defence needs to improve v Hibs.

1st half was awful, 2nd was a lot better and if our decision making had been better, then that would have ended up 5/6-1.

Windass and Miller were poor IMO and Candeias delivery at times was infuriating.

I hope McCrories' injury isn't serious, we need him for Easter Road. Some of his slide rule passes today were outstanding.

1-0 down turned into three points and three wins in a row. I'm off to get smashed.

We were fairly disjointed at times today. We grafted and managed to get the win. Candeias grew into the game as it went on. We rode our luck at times, but had enough good opportunities to finish the game. Still can't believe Morelos missed that chance early in the second half.

Good to get 3 wins in a row and Morelos getting back on the scoresheet. Hopefully McCrorie is fine for Wednesday.

Thank feck for that, 3 points in the bag. Well done to Murty and JJ. McCrorie is going to become a top class player, hopefully with us. Miller was getting pelters for the chances missed today, but no one can doubt his work rate and never hides. Onwards and upwards Bears.
Thought Kenny had a decent second half.Done great helping set up the tying goal.

I am absolutely frozen through, the crowd was not as number given.
We are to pedestrian at Ibrox, we give teams to much time to organise behind the ball.
Pena really struggled to get away from his marker No 4 who followed him everywhere, even to the extent of pulling his shirt in the box when he was going for the ball 1st half, however the SJ assistant seemed reluctant to flag anything, until the fans reminded him what offside was 2nd half.
Positives return of Morelos, McCrorrie, Holt. A third win on bounce 3pts.
An away game on Wed may see us play better.

Pleased we showed the fight to come back and win the match. We are down to the bare bones in midfield with both Jack and Dorrans out.

The first half was very disappointing but the positive thing is Murty made the change at half time and we were much better second half.

Tactically Murty is showing encouraging signs. It took him four matches to realise the 4-4-1-1 wasn't working. Pedro couldn't figure that out after 17 games this season.

It was also a good sign that he didn't shut up shop when we went 2-1 up. Pedro would have had us camped in our own box inviting pressure. After the goal we continued to attack and the game was being played in their final third.

Wilson went in for the ball like a complete amateur for their first goal

He got us the goal but thought he was back to the old Wilson

Pena was rotten

Miller his usual

First half was pathetic and highlights why we need a new manager ASAP

Very good win. A game we wouldnt have won a few months ago.

Tims will drop points tomorrow. We can do this.

WATP

Thank God we won that in the end. They made it hard for us and pressed efficiently but the first half performance was still very poor.

Didn't start to create chances until we got the second and they had to push up. Should have really got another couple after that.

Good to get the 3 game bogey off our backs not onwards to a tricky game on Weds.

McCrorie is showing himself to be a very talented anchor man in midfield. Some of his forward passing is excellent too and his through ball for Windass was excellent. I actually think that position is where his future lies, hes wasted as a centre half.

Back