• Arfield

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zungu

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Itten/Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ours to lose tonight.

They weren't a very good side IMO and we were very slack at times.

Expecting a comfortable win. 2-0.

Ours to lose tonight.

They weren't a very good side IMO and we were very slack at times.

Expecting a comfortable win. 2-0.
I'm expecting a difficult game. They have their striker back in the team tonight and will have nothing to lose.

Would be great if we could pick them off for an early goal.

I think Abdoulaye Seck will be a big miss for them. He's played 100 minutes more than anyone else for them this season, almost never misses a game. I thought his physicality did cause our forward players some issues last week too.

I definitely do not feel comfortable with the overconfidence going in to this one.

They seemed a decent side and I thought the game over there was quite balanced.

A dreadful goalkeeping error gave the advantage to us.
Then shocking refereeing gave it back to them.

2nd half we seemed like a much better team.

I can see a score draw or a narrow in for us but it is going to be a very, very, difficult match.

Against Standard at Ibrox we really took ages to get going and were very lucky to go in level at half time. We will need to be up for it from the start here as them scoring the first goal would put us under a lot of pressure.

Looking forward to it and hopefully we get a good draw for the last 16.
Not a forgone conclusion thats for sure, however if we score first we will win the tie

I had a look on FlashScore it says he has two bookings in the europa league this season hopefully one of them was in the qualifying.
Just checked, and he was booked v Willem II in the qualifiers, and last week in the first leg v Antwerp.

So good news, he's not on a tightrope.

I'm thinking it will be cagey like the Galatasaray game, keep it tight and make sure they don't get the first goal.
1-0 Rangers and into the hat for tomorrows draw.

Bonus will be that the tims will be despondant again. He He.

I'm absolutely buzzing for this but trying not to get too ahead of myself so if we dont go through it's still an amazing achievement. Remind me of this post if I have a meltdown later :)
Knowing a little of your back story, your post here shows how much football isnt just about watching men kicking a ball around a pitch. It really can be uplifting and good for the soul............with the right result of course LOL.

I'm the same. Absolutely buzzing for this tonight. Counting the minutes.
Feel like I'm 20 years old again.
It's a great time to be a Bear.

Obviously they will be flying out the traps tonight so hopefully we're prepared for this. Two things we must get right from the off. Defence must be razor sharp and everyone knows what their job is,no hesitation. In possession we must make it count and don't give the ball away cheaply. Easy this football malarkey innit?:p

Buzzing for this. My nightshift hours for the last 2 years have been 8-5 but have now changed from 3-11. Finally I can enjoy these European matches with a beer at home instead of hiding in the office at work on my phone. Let's go.

Knowing a little of your back story, your post here shows how much football isnt just about watching men kicking a ball around a pitch. It really can be uplifting and good for the soul............with the right result of course LOL.

It's the only thing I have of any joy just now. No pressure, Stevie!

I'm by nature a bit of a worrier, and genuinely think they are a good outfit. We rode our luck a bit last week, Greegs in particular pulled off two important saves.
However, that being said, like others have mentioned , I think the European style of game suits us and we adapt well to it.
The key for me, is a good positive start, with no risks taken. We need to play this game on our terms, not chasing them around.

Mon the Bears.

The pitch and conditions (currently pissin it doon) will turn it into a scrap, got a feeling its going to be another error stricken match..

Hopefully Gerrard has prepped the team that the ref gives cards out like confetti and fouls that don't get a card with SPL refs will get a card tonight.

I think Abdoulaye Seck will be a big miss for them. He's played 100 minutes more than anyone else for them this season, almost never misses a game. I thought his physicality did cause our forward players some issues last week too.
First time I've ever seen him play and to be honest I thought he was a bit of a bomb scare

We can only fck this up to be honest. At this level the first leg result was superb, regardless of how we might think Antwerp compare to some of the other teams we have/might face.

It's firmly in our hands and the team have given us plenty reason to be confident.

Worst case scenario, we have a bad night, go out and can still hold our heads high overall for another very solid European campaign under SG.

Like last week, I'm feeling relaxed and looking forward to the game.

... said that last week though and ended up with fingernails gone and on the ceiling by the end. :D

image.png

Hagi Morelos Kent

Aribo Kamara Davis

borna helander goldson balogun

McGregor

by the looks of the subs….

McGregor, Balogun, Goldson, Helander, Barisic, Davis, Kamara, Aribo, Kent, Hagi, Morelos

3 covidiots on the bench

Back