Votes: 5 0.4%
  • Arfield

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zungu

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Itten/Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think we’ll have tightened things up after last week, and can’t see us conceding. 2-0 to the famous.

Quite an attacking line up,Gerrard is not usually as attacking minded in Europe.

Clearly the Manager and rangers staff think this mobs there for the taking.

image.png

I’m surprised Aribo in mid 3 instead of front 3. Can’t drop Aribo on his current form so if he wants both him and Hagi in the team for their creativity I guess Arfield had to be dropped?

If the manager is happy to put the 3 recently disciplined players kn thd bench then so am I. He's going out on a limb for them and will get plenty criticism, I hope they appreciate it.

As for the team, I go yet another game without predicting the starting eleven. I thought Arfield was a certainty to start with Aribo further forward. I think The Gaffer is trolling me now :))

Last edited:
I’m surprised Aribo in mid 3 instead of front 3. Can’t drop Aribo on his current form so if he wants both him and Hagi in the team for their creativity I guess Arfield had to be dropped?

You're probably the only person surprised by this.

I don't expect any drama tonight.

Score the first goal and put the tie to bed.

2-0

Morelos & Hagi.

Would not be surprised after all the excitement last week if it is a tight 1-0 which would do just fine

Quite an attacking line up,Gerrard is not usually as attacking minded in Europe.

Clearly the Manager and Rangers staff think this mobs there for the taking.
The usual of a front three, two defensive/sitting midfielders and a more attacking midfielder. That is our usual way of playing. What makes you say it is more attacking?

I'dve preferred Aribo in the front three instead of Hagi,with Arfield in the midfield.
Hagi is better as an impact player.
I thought the manager felt the same way when it comes to European games.

Obviously not!

Bench isn't the strongest, but let's get the tie finished with an early goal and we won't need to worry about it.

Fucking pump them Rangers.

Not surprised to see the 3 on the bench due to injury’s but that team should be enough to qualify. Would have started arfield and put aribo in the front 3

Still not getting too cicky but you'd imagine we score one and we should be through as they'd then need 3.that last goal was a killer.

It is an attacking line up but people need to remember that we normally have Tav doing a lot of attacking so, with Balogun sitting a bit more naturally, we can get away with another more offensive player further forward.

Pretty amazed that Zungu is on the bench tbh. Not singling him out, just mean the other two are required as cover in their positions - he’s not.

Envisaging a comfortable 2-0 victory for Rangers this evening.
Antwerp will come out the traps early, but I suspect we will defend resolutely and attack them at will as we did last week.

Morelos double.

Thought Arfield might've started but not a moan, very strong XI whoever's in these days.

3-1 Gers; Morelos, Kent & Borna

I really hope we’ve checked that they’re eligible. I would not put it past the SFA to say afterwards they were banned. We’d forfeit the tie 0-3.
Can you imagine the fall out if that were to happen? The home association deliberately colluding against the sole representative of their country to get them thrown out of the competition

That Aribo starts in the mid 3 as opposed to the front 3. Think you’ll find yourself wrong about that pal.

Aribo Hagi and Kent have all played in our last few games, no chance Hagi was being dropped tonight, the team picks itself.

Just cracked open my first lager, mon the gers B-D
First one opened, a Karmeliet Tripel, lovely stuff!

Got the game on Belgian tv as well so all good bring it on!

Actually think it will be more of the same as last week, they will also fancy their chances after such a bizarre game.

We will need to be right up for it and be switched on from the start.

0-1 half time.
3-1 full time.

:p

Back