MOTM Poll Rangers v Slavia Praha - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport ONLY

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
So telling me I've made a cnut of myself is a term of endearment now?
If you class that as abuse then you are a very lucky boy, Jase. I'm genuinely happy your life experiences allow you to feel like I abused you with that comment. I feel awful that you feel abused by me. I will promise to endeavour to be mindful of your fragility if we ever cross paths again my friend.

Last edited:
Some are being a little harsh on Rangers I feel.

Whilst Roofe and Arfield played tonight, due to injury, they are nowhere near the form they showed earlier on in the season.
Ryan Jack would have started tonight if fit.
And our Captain Tav. Probably our best attacking player - injured.
All of these players, I feel anyway, could have been the difference over the two legs.

Very fine margins at this level and Slavia got the breaks.
It happens.

What I will say is that until we learn to do 'gamesmanship', we will always be at a disadvantage in European football...........

In the Kamara incident I thought he insinuated he heard it
The Official ?

All I saw was a quick chat to our player then not even a card dished out or Acknowledgement that something was clearly said in a provocative way going by Kamara & Goldsons reactions

Would certainly need to bring his price right down but having someone who knows how we play and what it takes to win a title in Scotland could be a useful signing, the £2m+ is far too expensive though and would need to be more than halved
I'd take him for a cheap price. Gerrard likes him to close a game out which he is very good at helping with. For the price mentioned though you need more than that.

I’ll tell you something as well. Kamara went absolutely bonkers and in any other circumstances is given at least a yellow card for that sort of behaviour. I think we all know why he wasn’t, so in that case why did the referee not send off the perpetrator? What is the point in all of this anti-racism press at the moment if we are not actually going to call it out? BT had better seriously highlight it here.

We’re on the same side. Yeah, everyone is allowed an opinion. I just get pissed off with everyone suddenly thinking they could do a better job than Gerrard after one loss. Zoomers, I can ignore. People who normally talk sense aren’t so easy to ignore. I’m in the camp of we’ve had a great season already and it might get better yet. Disappointed tonight but let’s not slag the manager off for losing to a decent (not great, I admit) side. The progress is clear.
I stand by my analysis, no one has to take it too seriously.

I posted last week they commit more than 8+ fouls per game than us but receive less yellows, well drilled outfit to the extent of fouls, screaming, rotating the fouler being part of their well drilled armour
I'm not going to give them any form of credit, dirty racist pussies imo.

I think you are confusing what I beli

Possibly misread. At no point did I say that is what I wanted.
Rather I don't belive a club should be put out for one person's actions.

You make a good point about uefa being "big on" it just now and this could very well be a case where as its not one of the highest profile clubs then if provable they may well hit them hard.
The problem this team have is they have previous, in 2019 Lukaku asked eufa to crack down on this team so it will be interesting and there is more to come on this believe me. Roolz are Roolz as Japanese eyes once said.

As annoying as it is And I’m raging if the ref never heard it then nothing will happen cos the guy covered his mouth . It’s impossible to prove. It makes me sick because it shows that something as simple as covering your mouth will look bad but will make it impossible to ban racists

I’ll tell you something as well. Kamara went absolutely bonkers and in any other circumstances is given at least a yellow card for that sort of behaviour. I think we all know why he wasn’t, so in that case why did the referee not send off the perpetrator? What is the point in all of this anti-racism press at the moment if we are not actually going to call it out? BT had better seriously highlight it here.
Something has ovbiously been said confirmed by Hutton.

He doesnt need to realise how close the keeper is. He needs to keep his foot down because he's not in control of the challenge. Keeper could be inches away or a couple of feet away. Roofe and Kolar are going to come together because they're both rushing towards the ball.

If it's the other way - keeper goes in with his boot at head height and catches Roofe in the face or if a Slavia player does it to McGregor - then we're all demanding a red. Nobody has to like the decision but the red card was the correct one. Roofe's attempts to get that ball are reckless and he's putting the opponent in danger. Whether or not it was intentional is irrelevant.

Its a challenge he didnt need to make. He could have gone for it with his head and invited the contact from Kolar. Or he could have let Kolar win it and played for the 2nd ball. It's bad decision making from Roofe rather than anything else. He picked the option with the least prospect of success.
I totally agree it was a red. All day long. However, when a striker tries an overhead kick and catches someone going for the header, it's only a yellow. When a keeper comes out, misses the ball and punches the forward, it's never a red. I think that's what @cullybear is getting at.

And, the yellow for Kamara when he and the SP player came together was a joke. (Sorry mate - that's just a comment and not a reply to the above)

French teams having a lot of issues with money and Amiens in the second division, maybe a chance we could get him on the cheap if we’re interested
That's interesting cheeky wee bid wouldn't do any harm especially if his team don't go up, be nice to see Itten, Wright, Simpson and Zungu get a few games back to back to see what they're made of, but at the same time were 6 games away from an invincible season :eek:

Seen a few doubt it was racist comments. To me there is no doubt, he covers his mouth and Kamara the most laid back person on that pitch reacts angrily shouting racist while Zungu reacts at exact same time.
Definitely looks like Zungu heard what was said.

Some are being a little harsh on Rangers I feel.

Whilst Roofe and Arfield played tonight, due to injury, they are nowhere near the form they showed earlier on in the season.
Ryan Jack would have started tonight if fit.
And our Captain Tav. Probably our best attacking player - injured.
All of these players, I feel anyway, could have been the difference over the two legs.

Very fine margins at this level and Slavia got the breaks.
It happens.

What I will say is that until we learn to do 'gamesmanship', we will always be at a disadvantage in European football...........
The gamesmanship thing always does my nut in.
Considering the amount of foreign players this club has had for years.

Why do we always seem to be done by it?

Is it due to a perception that the Scottish game is super physical and the refs buy into it.

As annoying as it is And I’m raging if the ref never heard it then nothing will happen cos the guy covered his mouth . It’s impossible to prove. It makes me sick because it shows that something as simple as covering your mouth will look bad but will make it impossible to ban racists
If you watch the incident closely, yes he does cover his mouth but from different camera angle shown you can clearly se his lips.
Also more importantly right next to the incident you will notice a pichside camera. Attached to that camera are two large mikes. If he is heard on them then he is toast.

I totally agree it was a red. All day long. However, when a striker tries an overhead kick and catches someone going for the header, it's only a yellow. When a keeper comes out, misses the ball and punches the forward, it's never a red. I think that's what @cullybear is getting at.

And, the yellow for Kamara when he and the SP player came together was a joke. (Sorry mate - that's just a comment and not a reply to the above)

An overhead kick isnt reckless in most situations.

Roofe's challenge for that ball was.

We can’t make excuses. We got comfortably beaten at home for the first time season. Apart from the opening 5-10min we didn’t offer much.

we have played an awful lot of football having to start at the 2nd qualifying round to where we are now.

I would say it was a massive achievement this season especially with a world record 55 wrapped up

If you class that as abuse then you are a very lucky boy, Jase. I'm genuinely happy your life experiences allow you to feel like I abused you with that comment. I feel awful that you feel abused by me. I will promise to endeavour to be mindful of your fragility if we ever cross paths again my friend.
Away and bile yer heid :D

I don’t think we have. Slavia are a step up from anyone we played in this comp imo and that includes a Benfica who are rebuilding. They put a very good Leicester out in the same way as us.
Its all opinions, but I think Benfica on song were a better footballing side

Disappointed more than surprised.Sure win SPL....win nothing "big" with Goldson in your side, he's not alone but opposition manager start there. Vulnerable and Venerable(s)...Winning starts at home.

Agree with most of that, but I think they played quicker and more accurate football. We also wasted the first 30 mims over there - something that happened quite a bit even when we got good results.
I wouldnt disagree with that. Add in they know how to manage a game and it proved a bridge too far. Cant shake the feeling we could have done better though.

As an aside, that's twice now Roofe has returned from a spell on the sidelines and launched himself into a red card challenge. He got away with one, but effectively killed any chance we had today. I think that might need addressed

If you watch the incident closely, yes he does cover his mouth but from different camera angle shown you can clearly se his lips.
Also more importantly right next to the incident you will notice a pichside camera. Attached to that camera are two large mikes. If he is heard on them then he is toast.
Now we arnt poets and I don’t want to get through in the back door but uefa kick teams out for fielding ineligible players but not racism sums it up really

The media dont highlight things in our games unless it makes us look bad.

After seeing them in the first leg I knew we needed a strong referee tonight that wouldn’t put up with their shite - that being said I can’t complain about either red card.

The Roofe one was maybe a bit unlucky, but from then on it wasn’t going to happen for us.

I’d have had Balogun off, him and Goldson were both struggling with their forwards.

You need a bit of luck to get the latter stages of European competition; we didn’t get that tonight.

Hopefully we get them in the Champions League next year for some revenge!

Do ya think Kamara, Zunga and Conor could be that angry for anything else......I don’t think so. Their still fuming in the tunnel. Get you head out of sand man.
Yes but proving it is the issue. The Slavia player will deny, saying Kamara misheard etc or interpretation was different . Look at Gardyne at Ross County. Very difficult to prove.

Balogun's lack of a good first touch caused him his second yellow, and he got away with a penalty in the first half after he telegraphed a pass back to McGregor and lost possession.

Hagi should have been on for Arfield, but what do I know, the Gaffer's been right most of the time.

Roofe's challenge made it easy for the Ref to send him off.

I think Slavia's diving tactics were a complete disgrace, and I'm surprised the Ref kept giving them free kicks for virtually nothing, plus they were fouling us on almost every challenge.

Back