MOTM Poll Rangers v Sparta Prague - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Any win in Europe these days is major for us, especially against a decent Czech team. I expected a draw. We played well in patches, but also allowed Sparta to dominate in periods towards the end of both halves. Gio has certainly made a difference. Not sure SG would have secured a win. Gio tweaked the system and it worked. Still a lot to do, but to score first and not concede has to be the team’s mantra from now on.

Just watched it through again.
Good result but still think for large periods of the game we were a bit ponderous and , well, shambolic.
Miles better going forward though . Hope Morelos can sustain that sort of effort

Not worth a thread and there was loads of good in that game, but other than the work for Morelos and a tidy back heel Hagi had a whores tits of a game, he was honking, it wrecks my head how often he can fall on his arse during a game as well.

Credit where it is due, that was night and day from well, the rest of the season so far. Goldson by and large gets pass marks and then some. Some of his raking, diagonal balls were of the standard we we were treated to last season.

However, we still managed to go to sleep at times and if we had managed to snatch another fc-uk up from the jaws of a well deserved win, Aribo and Kent would have taken pride of place in the rogues gallery with three clear cut sitters between them, plus their first shot apiece should have resulted in better. In my opinion.

Still, after Sunday that was the least we deserrved.

PS, Craigan after Kent was hacked down around the 15-20 min mark. (Was it Visner, or such like?) That's what you like to see, a ref who will allow the play to flow. It was a stonewall yellow card.

This from a ratbag who was moaning about a Rangers player being lucky only to be receiving a yellow card in a previous tie this season. Possibly Brondy away.

Him and his sidekick could be doing with a BT ban too.

Now I have come off a high there is no doubt we played better for 30 mins in each half then appeared to back off and slow down for the last 15 mins. If that is the improvement we have with Gio being there for only a few days just think what we are going to do when he has more time with the players.
Also I find the better you play the more luck you get so thank you to the eejit fullback who gave us a second goal.
Looking at the chances we made it could easily have been five.
Looking forward to Sunday and now full of confidence.

Gio seems highly motivated to come and take this task on but what a start its been for him in his first game.

A huge game vs a really credible opponent and he gets the perfect tune out of the team, banishes the gloom and has us all happy again.

Back