MOTM Poll Rangers v Sparta Prague - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
His system should suit hagi/aribo to a t.

McGregor
Tav goldson balogun barasic
Davis lundstrum
Kent. Aribo/hagi. Sakala
Morelos

Ok I have thought about it all night.

Morelos will start. This is his opportunity to make a first impression. If he fails to do that, he will not start at the weekend.

McGregor is a lock.
Hagi is a lock.
Davis could use a rest, but for Gio's first game, he will want experience and reliability.
Kent is a lock.
Aribo a lock.
Tavernier a lock. (Too big a statement to bench Captain for first game)
Goldson a lock. (Our hands tied)
Balogun a lock. (Our Hands tied)
Barisic over Bassey (Gio prefers technical)

Patterson Balogun Goldson
Tavernier. Barisic
Davis
Hagi. Aribo Kent
Morelos

A bit of a stretch, and leaves us light on the bench for defensive players...
But it plays it a little safer. Gets Tav and Patterson in.
Davis helps play out from the back, with options on the wing. Our front 4 can focus on putting the ball in the net.

Morelos will start. This is his opportunity to make a first impression. If he fails to do that, he will not start at the weekend.

McGregor is a lock.
Hagi is a lock.
Davis could use a rest, but for Gio's first game, he will want experience and reliability.
Kent is a lock.
Aribo a lock.

Tavernier. Barisic
Davis
Hagi. Aribo Kent
Morelos

Davis helps play out from the back, with options on the wing. Our front 4 can focus on putting the ball in the net.
After talking in the press conference about how he likes 433, and that he can’t change everything in 2 days, I don’t think he’s going to go to a back 3

Assuming Balogun is injured.
2 defensive mids will be required.
Likely a 4-2-3-1

I’d prefer (purely because not other CB options)

McLauchlin

Tav Goldson Bassey Borna

Jack Kamara

Aribo Hagi Kent

Sakala

I hope that we get the result, but going right back to Malmo as our first game back the team have left a lot to be desired in games at Ibrox (Old Firm aside).

Such a big game to see if players are going to buy into Gio straight away!
Can’t see formation being anything other than the 4-3-3 Dutch Philosophy.
Of course you can tweak it like 4-5-1 out of possession for example but not 4-2-3-1.

Mcgregor
Barisic Balagun Goldson Tav
Davis Kamara Arfield
Kent Sakala Aribo
Genuinely think he will start Sakala in place of Morelos.
Hagi might start either side of Sakala or even in midfield with Aribo making way for Arfield

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Players have got to show new manager what they are made of, after that awful performance on Sunday. I expect we will get a hard fought victory tonight.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

I think he’ll start.

On a side note, how slow is this day going, brutal?
Aye, work is slow as shit as well which isn’t helping.

Normally I’d expect Morelos to start here, but with Gio having sat and watched that full game from the stands on Sunday, I can’t see it.

Have no idea what GVB will do in terms of selection but part of me hopes he drops one or two that have been going through the motions. We need players who are willing to work hard and have a desire to do well.

Hopefully Jack plays a big part if fit enough. Would be nice to see Hagi more central where his lack of pace won’t be quite as telling as when he’s wide. And would love to see Patterson start.

Either way, just want a 2 goal win so we can kick on!

I don’t know if there will be massive team changes so let’s not all lose the head if regulars are picked. I feel when he said there will be changes, we will definitely see changes in shape, in how we defend, the role of some players etc. But I’m not expecting a massively changed team. Maybe 2 or 3. Until he’s had more time to implement things and suss out players.
This is how I see it. Some are getting a bit carried away and expecting the B Team to trot out tonight I think.

McGregor is a lock.
Hagi is a lock.
Kent is a lock.
Aribo a lock.

Tavernier. Barisic
Davis
Hagi. Aribo Kent
Morelos

:-/

I think Arfield will start tonight.

He was one of the players who was genuinely trying on Sunday and he looks sharp and upbeat in the training videos.

I have a feeling he will be in the starting 11.
At the very least he gives you 100% which is more than can be said for a few others. And while he might not be the player of a few seasons ago he gives us goal threat from midfield which is valuable.

Excited about tonight's game to be honest.

Think you'll see a more compact and direct Rangers team, real wingers on display with a true number ten, feeding a striker.

See a lot more one touch passing and moving too.

Aye, work is slow as shit as well which isn’t helping.

Normally I’d expect Morelos to start here, but with Gio having sat and watched that full game from the stands on Sunday, I can’t see it.
I really think with GVB and RM being able to speak to AM in his native tongue will help him alot

If anyone saw Man City play last night their so called flair players put in a real shift (Silva for example, not just jogging or running to close the opposition down but sprinting time after time)
Tonight always looked like being a tough game even before Sunday but, I want to see some professional pride in our performance & then the rest should take care of itself with the best team winning

If anyone saw Man City play last night their so called flair players put in a real shift (Silva for example, not just jogging or running to close the opposition down but sprinting time after time)
Tonight always looked like being a tough game even before Sunday but, I want to see some professional pride in our performance & then the rest should take care of itself with the best team winning

And a proper manager on the sidelines going bananas when they weren't doing it as well

A joy to see it really is

A lot of Peps management is basic basic stuff

Run more you have more chance of the win

Very important first game for our new manager.
Every game from now until the break is a vital game mate. No respite whatsoever, so little time to get across his ideas. I'm kinda clinging onto the fact that this group of players haven't lost their ability - that never goes - but they need to get their heads straight. We know how good they can be, we just haven't seen much of it this season. First half against Hearts was good but, even then, it all petered out after half time. I expect GvB will rely on old heads to get him through his first few games but I'd seriously be thinking about finding alternatives to Greegs, Davis and Arfield going forward into December as they all struggle with two/three games a week. As does Balogun but options are limited there.

I know a two goal win puts us through but what about single goal wins ?

Away goals are scrapped so is 1-0 the same result tonight as 2-1, 3-2 etc ?

Yeah I’m sure a 1-0 then makes it goal difference. Or any 1 goal win.
So a single goal win tonight would mean that a draw or better in Lyon and we are through.

If we lose vs Lyon then it comes down to how many Prague put past Brondby - ie if we lost 1-0 to Lyon , they would have to win by.

I guess then 5-4 for us tonight then is better than 1-0 as it might come down to "goals scored".

All guns blazing tonight please Rangers!

Fans on top form from the KO and a high intensity performance with an early goal (for us).

Rangers 3 Racists 1

Aribo, Hagi, Sakala

Let’s blow these racist fcuk nuggets back to where they came from!!

Haven’t been so excited for a game in a long while… actually even anticipating the announcement of the starting 11 feels very special
It's always a strange excitement in the lead up to a managers first game to see any changes. Even when we were pish it was exciting to see if any players would be brought in from the cold and given an opportunity.

So a single goal win tonight would mean that a draw or better in Lyon and we are through.

If we lose vs Lyon then it comes down to how many Prague put past Brondby - ie if we lost 1-0 to Lyon , they would have to win by.

I guess then 5-4 for us tonight then is better than 1-0 as it might come down to "goals scored".
Lyon have already won the group, and have a huge league game a few days after we play them - you’d fancy us to get something.

Lyon have already won the group, and have a huge league game a few days after we play them - you’d fancy us to get something.
Plus coefficient points etc - you'd hope we'd try and get a result even if nailed on 2nd.

Unless we lose or win by 2, its going to the last game.

Back