MOTM Poll Rangers v Sparta Prague - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Liked the Swedish winger that came on for them. But tonight it's all about Rangers. Felt like they had their mojo back.

Great result.

Performance was a bit hit or miss at times. Gave the ball away far too easily at times. Nervy last 15 mins. Need to take our chances, Aribo especially!

Watching the post games golazo show on Paramount+ in the US, one of the pundits reckons McGregor's save is save of the competition so far. He can't be far wrong!

Rangers honestly must be the second largest cause of high blood pressure behind chippys in Scotland. Nerves for the last 20 mins were done!

Brilliant that we are through. Didn’t see that after the first 2 games
Lol. Aye. Having to remember to breathe!

Big Al MOTM for me. Stunning saves tonight.

First of all I did say previously that I would write of EL for to have the league, Couple of things tonight was the intensity was awesome what a couple of days make, are the management team looking at Patterson as a winger but end of the day the can score, I think everyone always said Patterson at back tav playing further forward lol what do we know

Are we not winning 2-0 or do you need 4 or 5 to relax?
So you enjoyed that last 10 minutes? Come on don't dress it up, we need to be a lot more clinical and there's nothing wrong in stating the obvious if we want to progress. I certainly hope the new manager addresses it because it's a recurring failing. It's a bit pathetic hanging on like that against clearly inferior opposition like Sparta. It's cost us before and will cost us again. Work needing done is all I'm saying and would make the game so much easier on the whole team.

MOTM was hard Kent was brilliant, McGregor nothing to do pulls off worldies but went for Bassey thought he looked excellent but wow what a team performance, and have to say the crowd was amazing staying to the death, futures bright futures orange
Went for Goldson mate. Just felt there was mega pressure on him. He makes a mistake, I think folk are on his back. But he played well, marshalled and cajoled his teammates. If he keeps this up till he leaves, he goes with best wishes imo.

Different manager mindset at full time. Gio up the tunnel and let the players take the bow. Gerrard would have been giving it the big I am on the pitch while Gio will be already planning for Sunday. What a difference four days makes.

Excellent result though I had one or two little panics at the same time as our defence had their panics. Overall though a big improvement and undoubtedly we’ll see big improvements when the new coaching team get properly to work. Well done to everyone involved.

There isn't going to be an easy 3rd place Champions League opponent. Could be Dortmund, Benfica, Atalanta, Milan, Atletico, Sevilla, Zenit.

Watching the post games golazo show on Paramount+ in the US, one of the pundits reckons McGregor's save is save of the competition so far. He can't be far wrong!
Every man and his dog on here had Shagger "done" i cant be arsed raking through the posts but plenty should be eating humble pie.

Reactions: skf
MOTM poll is a tough one, Hagi created some excellent chances as well as the goal, but looked off it a bit for me tonight.

Bassey was everywhere, big man is a machine.

Goldson, solid tonight, clean sheet.

Alfie got the goals, looked hungry again.

Went for Borna, unsung hero. Difficult to do his job whilst helping Bassey get through game, got forward well, defended like a lion tonight.
Could’ve been any of 5 players but I took Borna just over Bassey, both were warriors

BBC raging.

Michael Beale tweets "Congratulations last 32 for 3rd year running"

BBC reply "
Beale means well with his message, but I should probably say the the last 32 isn't a thing this year in the Europa League.
Second-placed teams go into a play-off with the Champions League drop-outs for a place in the last 16."

Well then!

System looked the same with the tweaks being noticeable which was to be expected. The tweaks will become the norm and the team should improve with that.

Nervy end but all round good performance. Took a couple of seconds of McGregor heroics to secure the game but all in all pretty happy as we could have had 5 or 6 if Aribo took his chances. There was a couple for kent as well and good to see Morelos back on the scoresheet which hopefully he kicks on from, Get his value back up.

I know our hearts were in our mouths when Greegs was making these reaction saves near the end.

But lets be honest, that was 2-0 going on 6 or 7.

A gulf between the teams.
That's true. We have issues finishing our chances, just being a realist. Our next opponent won't give us this many chances. We need to be more accurate in executing the final shot.
Aribo, Kent, are you listening?

So you enjoyed that last 10 minutes? Come on don't dress it up, we need to be a lot more clinical and there's nothing wrong in stating the obvious if we want to progress. I certainly hope the new manager addresses it because it's a recurring failing. It's a bit pathetic hanging on like that against clearly inferior opposition like Sparta. It's cost us before and will cost us again. Work needing done is all I'm saying and would make the game so much easier on the whole team.
Can't say as I have to follow the game on here, but I was quite relaxed being 2 up.

We play in the scottish league, which gives us no right to call teams from the Czech republic inferior. They may not be up there with the elite, but neither are we.

BBC raging.

Michael Beale tweets "Congratulations last 32 for 3rd year running"

BBC reply "
Beale means well with his message, but I should probably say the the last 32 isn't a thing this year in the Europa League.
Second-placed teams go into a play-off with the Champions League drop-outs for a place in the last 16."

Well then!
Another game BBC not getting in too lol will be watching daily record for copy and paste for details

Liked the Swedish winger that came on for them. But tonight it's all about Rangers. Felt like they had their mojo back.

He was excellent in both games against Celtic last year, he caused them all sorts of problems. He looks like the sniper from Inglorious Basterds

Back