MOTM Poll Rangers v Sparta Prague - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lots of hard work and effort tonight and good to see Alfie back amongst the goals. Gave up so much possession in midfield though. Not convinced that setup is the way ahead for us.
We did but our forward play was more direct. Early days. They will refine it. Also Bassey at CB was not the usual line up.

Granted it’ll be next year and teams could improve, but I wouldn’t be overly concerned if we got Dortmund, something seems very wrong there this year in Europe

Watched a bit of this. Hartson was having multiple orgasms at Hart's save and their goal.

I was having multiple orgasms at FT.:p
Watched highlights of the mhob and wasn't sure who the soprano was when they scored.

That clears it up.

Gio saying in his post match interview that he knows Morelos would come short before, but now he wants him to play in the box. Encouraging signs

Went for Goldson mate. Just felt there was mega pressure on him. He makes a mistake, I think folk are on his back. But he played well, marshalled and cajoled his teammates. If he keeps this up till he leaves, he goes with best wishes imo.
He was a bit suspect at the McGregor double save. He tried to easy the guy off the first header rather than jump with him and it didn't work. Other than than that he was decent.

Alfie certainly benefitted from being, mostly, higher up the pitch. Bassey was outstanding tonight. Maybe his future is at CB after all.
I think he was originally a CB I might be wrong am sure I will be corrected, will say did not know what Morelos celebration was about they deserved the outlash from the fans based on Sundays performance

That's true. We have issues finishing our chances, just being a realist. Our next opponent won't give us this many chances. We need to be more accurate in executing the final shot.
Aribo, Kent, are you listening?
Not sure about Kent, but Aribo doesn't come on here more than 3 or 4 times a week.

Can't say as I have to follow the game on here, but I was quite relaxed being 2 up.

We play in the scottish league, which gives us no right to call teams from the Czech republic inferior. They may not be up there with the elite, but neither are we.
Agreed we are nowhere near the elite but on the evidence of what we've just watched we are a level or two above Sparta. Both McCoist and Weir saying more or less the same thing now as well. It's about making progress in Europe and being even 10% more clinical in front of goal when chances present themselves helps this Rangers team enormously imo.

But is that not to away support VB not our own
He can do it to anybody he likes as far as I'm concerned mate, so long as it comes after a goal. Some of our fans are a wee bit too 'precious'. Sunday was a poor show but the abuse certain players have had is way over the top. I think some on here would have had the B Team trotting out tonight.

You can see what happens when Morelos isnt instructed to drop deep constantly. Scores 2 goals.
Literally seconds before scoring he dropped back into our half and collected the ball. I know cos I shouted at him not to. I don’t mind as long as he gets into their box as well

Right smart Alec aren't you. You're fine with Aribo missing clear chances then. TIme for a reality check. We won't get that many chances next round.
You're a right grumpy fella, eh. B-D

Chill out mate, we are through and I'll enjoy the next round, no point sitting moaning about what could have been.

Edit. Not being smart either, just being honest like you, the Rangers players won't be reading your comments on FF.

Bassey , McGregor , Morelos . Fantastic. Tough pick for mom , I went with McGregor for that double save , but in all honesty , Calvin Bassey was so committed , I hope he gets the plaudits .

Bit of a nervy last 15 minutes but we got the job done. Gio has only had a couple of training sessions with the team so to be expected. Delighted with the clean sheet and Bassey was fantastic, MOTM for me but there were a few contenders

Do you stand by that statement?
Of course I do. Team was full of bodies who had let us down badly on Sunday.

But if Gio goes same again on Sunday I won't have the buzz kill as they have shown tonight they still have it in them.

Gio said there would be changes. I expected or assumed that to be personnel, turns out it was attitude.

I'm buzzing with what was delivered.

Slavia Prague outplayed and out classed us last season
We outplayed and outclassed Sparta Prague tonight.
Sparta beat Slavia as recently as last month
I think this means we’re progressing

Special mention for the ball boy/s in the 2nd half refusing to throw the ball to their player when they wanted to take a quick corner :D
You heard the player roaring give me the f*cking ball! Well done ball boys for showing the overly aggressive pr*ck that bullying isn't cool :))

He can do it to anybody he likes as far as I'm concerned mate, so long as it comes after a goal. Some of our fans are a wee bit too 'precious'. Sunday was a poor show but the abuse certain players have had is way over the top. I think some on here would have had the B Team trotting out tonight.
lol we know that could not happen with registrations an all, but you know what in hindsight this team won the league at a canter last season and do not become a bad team over night freshness and a change of outlook recharge batteries and start to play in earnest now, lets get this season started and cannot wait fior 2 weeks to come at easter road. I am wanting someone after game to smile at Porteous to say you do not look happy now

Absolutely excellent tonight Rangers. Especially for 70 mins. Take a bow Young Calvin Bassey, immense. Alfredo back doing what he does. Come on bears!

Alfie certainly benefitted from being, mostly, higher up the pitch. Bassey was outstanding tonight. Maybe his future is at CB after all.
FFs VB are you on the Sherry tonight. Calvin is never a CB. He had a good fill in game, when Borna raided up the wing, but he was only filling in.
He did it well tonight but he had a mare over in Prague, so I can't see him in there when we have defenders back fit.

You're a right grumpy fella, eh. B-D

Chill out mate, we are through and I'll enjoy the next round, no point sitting moaning about what could have been.

Edit. Not being smart either, just being honest like you, the Rangers players won't be reading your comments on FF.
I'll enjoy the next round, hopefully Aribo will have his boots on the correct foot by then.
You don't beat good teams missing golden opportunities. That's my point.

Next round we'll be up against a team far better than Bronby and Sparta, more like Lyon.

I'll enjoy the next round, hopefully Aribo will have his boots on the correct foot by then.
You don't beat good teams missing golden opportunities. That's my point.

Next round we'll be up against a team far better than Bronby and Sparta, more like Lyon.
I got your point.

You're missing the biggest thing about it though, he was in brilliant positions three times, with glaring opportunities to score - that is a massive improvement from the last few games where we struggled to create, and I'll take that after only two days training with GVB and Makaay.

The team were up for it and won, that's enough right now.

Hands up, I was surprised Morelos started given his form but when he plays like that he's as good as anyone. It was good to hear Gio say he wants him in the box more. I think there will be a few players who thrive under Gio, Morelos may just be one of them. Buzzing for Alfie and the team tonight, great win!

Literally seconds before scoring he dropped back into our half and collected the ball. I know cos I shouted at him not to. I don’t mind as long as he gets into their box as well
It will still happen just like most strikers but last season and this season he spent more time near the halfway line than the box. He done it well last season but it meant much less goals.

Back