Rangers v Sports Direct (Latest Court Case – Verdict Awaited)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not expecting good news tomorrow. We’ve more or less conceded we were in breach of the contract regarding SDIs right to match at earlier hearings.

Best case scenario is that the Judge finds in favour of SDI, orders us to pay the stipulated £1m damages figure and instructs that the relationship is so toxic it should be terminated.

Worst case, probably, is that he finds in favour of SDI, says £1m damages is NOT enough and orders us to pay more - and then goes on to say that we have to give the retail contract back to SDI on the same terms as Elite. That would be disastrous, no other word for it.

I dunno if there’s a middle ground in there somewhere but, if there is, I’m struggling to find it.
Would the worst case scenario result in the shop in St Enoch’s being shut down then?

They’ve announced they’re opening a store in Belfast mate.

Never get my hopes up with this but surely surely surely even by banter years standards they’d be pretty fucking certain before doing that to be told to close it weeks later.
I know, I saw that.

I know fk all about the law so I guess we’ll just have to hope for the best. But it would be an absolute clusterfuck if Sports Direct regain total control over our retail.

I’m not expecting good news tomorrow. We’ve more or less conceded we were in breach of the contract regarding SDIs right to match at earlier hearings.

Best case scenario is that the Judge finds in favour of SDI, orders us to pay the stipulated £1m damages figure and instructs that the relationship is so toxic it should be terminated.

Worst case, probably, is that he finds in favour of SDI, says £1m damages is NOT enough and orders us to pay more - and then goes on to say that we have to give the retail contract back to SDI on the same terms as Elite. That would be disastrous, no other word for it.
My understanding is that Rangers have not entered into any retail deal with Elite or anyone else, and that the current venture is entirely between Hummel and Elite.
This is about Ashley enforcing the T&Cs of the contract. The contract explicitly states that the penalty for breaching them is £1m, it would seem perverse to me were the judge to arbitrarily increase any compensation amount.
I suppose there may be a decision to be made whether repeated breaches incurred further £1m penalties, or whether the £1m compensation when paid, terminated the contract. It would again seem perverse that the contract was allowed to persist infinitely, and repeatedly punish one party time after time.
Hopefully it is clear to the judge that any business relationship between both parties has become so toxic, that no meaningful business relationship is possible, and the best course of action is to impose the compensation penalty and dissolve the contract.
I just hope and pray that the fat man gets another bloody nose today.

Being of middle aged description, used to buy shirts from House of Fraser for holiday Fred Perry, Lyle and Scott etc.
Not been back since the fat git took over.
Going to Benidorm so looking for a new shirt bored at work so had a look in HOF.
Jeezo the selection now is chronic 1 size of most shirts only and a lot of well known brands have disappeared.
Sad to see it that way especially for the staff, but hope he loses heavy with that acquisition.
Used to be in HOF every couple of months. Not been back.

My understanding is that Rangers have not entered into any retail deal with Elite or anyone else, and that the current venture is entirely between Hummel and Elite.
This is about Ashley enforcing the T&Cs of the contract. The contract explicitly states that the penalty for breaching them is £1m, it would seem perverse to me were the judge to arbitrarily increase any compensation amount.
I suppose there may be a decision to be made whether repeated breaches incurred further £1m penalties, or whether the £1m compensation when paid, terminated the contract. It would again seem perverse that the contract was allowed to persist infinitely, and repeatedly punish one party time after time.
Hopefully it is clear to the judge that any business relationship between both parties has become so toxic, that no meaningful business relationship is possible, and the best course of action is to impose the compensation penalty and dissolve the contract.
I just hope and pray that the fat man gets another bloody nose today.
It would seem disgraceful to penalise us constantly and give them the contract with no effective end date. It’s also reasonable to assume that the current contract was signed under effective duress, given the terms of the previous agreement.

What time is this hearing ?

Today is MASSIVE for us . Goes the right way and we are finally free .

Goes the wrong way and truth be told we could be utterly fcuked and hamstrung indefinitely.

Surely we are due a break here .

It would seem disgraceful to penalise us constantly and give them the contract with no effective end date. It’s also reasonable to assume that the current contract was signed under effective duress, given the terms of the previous agreement.
With no retail deal with Elite or even with Hummel be "Compensated" through Hummel sponsorship of Auchenhowie? Or am I clutching at straws?

im surprised no one has used lockkill on all his stores on the busiest day of the week. Not saying anyone should do it just saying im surprised it has never happened. I suppose security cameras would prevent such actions. It seems he is happy with bad publicity and is only concerned about damaging our club. Why anyone buys from the Ibrox store is beyond me. There should be a picket line.

Believe me, there will be thousands of Gers fans still shopping at the slug's main stores.

With no retail deal with Elite or even with Hummel be "Compensated" through Hummel sponsorship of Auchenhowie? Or am I clutching at straws?
I don’t know enough about the ins and out of the deals per se but there appears to be huge flaws in company law, which parasites like Ashley make a habit of taking advantage of.

Makes you wonder if Debenhams noticed any of the fat scumbag`s conduct towards Rangers which may have helped their decision in binning his "offer" to them.

My wife read somewhere that Ashley is claiming he has some binding agreement with Debenhams in place that means he should have legally been allowed to make an offer for the company.

Sound familiar?

He really is one slippery dispicable fat cancerous bastard but, if what my wife read is true, you have to admit his lawyers are top drawer.

Being serious, we should employ his lawyers after this farce is ended.

No maybe not. We’d probably find he has an exclusivity agreement with his lawyers that would mean his lawyers had to sue themselves for damages for fatso if they ever represent anyone else

Anyone know when this is due to begin?
Surely the judge can see this is not benefitting anyone so please allow us to pay the Mill compo and let everyone move on.
However expect nothing less than appeal after appeal should this be granted.

Anyone know when this is due to begin?
Surely the judge can see this is not benefitting anyone so please allow us to pay the Mill compo and let everyone move on.
However expect nothing less than appeal after appeal should this be granted.

Anyone know if it's actually happening ?

'Duress' would infer that we were forced or threatened with violence into signing the contracts, which is clearly not the case. It would be nigh on impossible to use this as a defence in a court of law. Despite the draconian and ridiculously one-sided terms he built into the toxic deals we have with him, we always held the option to walk away. Signing on the dotted line was a choice freely made by the club - however unwillingly - but it was never forced or under 'duress'.

Duress [noun] Threats used to force a person to do something; threats, violence, constraints, or other action used to coerce someone into doing something against their will.

My wife read somewhere that Ashley is claiming he has some binding agreement with Debenhams in place that means he should have legally been allowed to make an offer for the company.

Sound familiar?

He really is one slippery dispicable fat cancerous bastard but, if what my wife read is true, you have to admit his lawyers are top drawer.

Being serious, we should employ his lawyers after this farce is ended.

No maybe not. We’d probably find he has an exclusivity agreement with his lawyers that would mean his lawyers had to sue themselves for damages for fatso if they ever represent anyone else
He's a million cancerous things and more - but the one thing he most certainly is, is clever.

Worst case scenario is having to compensate Elite on top of paying Sports Direct what they lost in earnings
Wot you talking 'bout Willis?
Rangers do not have a formal business arrangement with Elite. Elite deal directly with Hummel for the purchase of kits, and sell them online and from their store at St Enochs.
SD are free to sell Rangers kit if they wish.
Hummel refuse to provide stock to SD, it is nothing to do with Rangers.

He's a million cancerous things and more - but the one thing he most certainly is, is clever.
I'd say that he is adept at hiring good legal people who know how to work it up anyone who resists.

A lot of the more respected people in business treat others better, are charitable, care about their staff and care about their own public image.

This fat bastard doesn't care. He is a fat lady's front bottom.

I'd say that he is adept at hiring good legal people who know how to work it up anyone who resists.

A lot of the more respected people in business treat others better, are charitable, care about their staff and care about their own public image.

This fat bastard doesn't care. He is a fat lady's front bottom.

He’s a fat neanderthal that’s been given far too much money and power. He’d be a fucking binman if he didn’t sell shite trainers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back