Rangers v Sports Direct (Latest Court Case – Verdict Awaited)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wot you talking 'bout Willis?
Rangers do not have a formal business arrangement with Elite. Elite deal directly with Hummel for the purchase of kits, and sell them online and from their store at St Enochs.
SD are free to sell Rangers kit if they wish.
Hummel refuse to provide stock to SD, it is nothing to do with Rangers.

Thought the last time we were in court it came out that we had agreed to indemnify Elite if they were to be fined or whatever?

The court ordered us to cut our ties with Elite, i.e. don’t advertise on the official site, etc. But the court were powerless to stop Elite from continuing to sell the kits from memory.

Wot you talking 'bout Willis?
Rangers do not have a formal business arrangement with Elite. Elite deal directly with Hummel for the purchase of kits, and sell them online and from their store at St Enochs.
SD are free to sell Rangers kit if they wish.
Hummel refuse to provide stock to SD, it is nothing to do with Rangers.
Best tell the judge then mate because it all seems cut and dried to you.
Whilst the reality of a worst case scenario includes all of SD being able to match the deal, SD being paid for the loss during the Elite period, injunctions on Elite, legal fees, breach of contract claims from Elite and I'd imagine Hummel also.
It was also widely reported on FF our board in their wisdom had agreed to a contract that would cover Elite and their non exclusive agreement of any losses as a result of the ongoing SD case

Thought the last time we were in court it came out that we had agreed to indemnify Elite if they were to be fined or whatever?

The court ordered us to cut our ties with Elite, i.e. don’t advertise on the official site, etc. But the court were powerless to stop Elite from continuing to sell the kits from memory.
That's how I remember it the judge rejected injunctions on elite selling the kit but still a threat of all that changing if SD get to match the deal and our non exclusive deal with Elite being in breach with any legal victory from SD

That's how I remember it the judge rejected injunctions on elite selling the kit but still a threat of all that changing if SD get to match the deal and our non exclusive deal with Elite being in breach with any legal victory from SD

Correct. Twice Ashley went to court in order to try and convince a judge Elite should be made to cease and failed. As Rangers QC pointed out in the first case, anyone can go to Hummel and order kit and sell it. Elite and Hummel are pretty much the same entity, they appear comfortable enough to proceed with setting up the Belfast Store opening soon. And it appears a matter now to discuss compensation for the breach, the contract cap says £1M and to deal with the matter of Costs. I really do not see a scenario now where Ashley can regain exclusive rights or stop others, he tried before two judges and failed because of the way Elite and Hummel operate.

Last edited:
How on earth can SD match any deal, if Hummel continue to refuse to sell them Rangers kit?

Which they will, since they are fully aware of the fate which awaits anyone that SD get their claws into.

Being of middle aged description, used to buy shirts from House of Fraser for holiday Fred Perry, Lyle and Scott etc.
Not been back since the fat git took over.
Going to Benidorm so looking for a new shirt bored at work so had a look in HOF.
Jeezo the selection now is chronic 1 size of most shirts only and a lot of well known brands have disappeared.
Sad to see it that way especially for the staff, but hope he loses heavy with that acquisition.
M&S

IF the slug wins. I hope king comes out with a statement whining that its not fair and the people involved with sports direct should be behind bars. Mimicking fattys statement last week
Make them take lie detector tests to find out who decided and negotiated their contract and who Llambias and Somner (?) were working for.
Ask them if the believe the contract was of equal value to Rangers as SD.

Cannot see anything on the court lists but that's probably because we're waiting on a report as opposed to a trial??
Interesting that Chelsea are on there, a family have an injunction on them building a £1bn stadium because it will block any sunlight! Reminiscent of the old couple from UP ! Mon the wee family

Noticed this for Monday also. Spiv on Spiv I take it? Hopefully no repercussions.

Monday 15 April 2019
At 02:30 PM

Application Hearing

BL-2018-001350 Sevco 5088 Limited v Charles and another

That’s a pretty negative way of looking at it .

How about no price increase and £1million to lance Ashley forever ?

I'm sure there will be at least an inflationary price increase in S/T.

A freeze is for the birds.

And as for a large payout to be rid of SDI - well it isn't coming from the fans wallet..

It'll be like a exorcism and for a million, worth it.

The damage that fat fool has done his businesses from a large customer base is up there with the Arcadia empire, toxic!
It should've been a business partnership made in heaven but turned out to be hell for both parties!.

I think the guy said there could be some unhappy faces, the Bears that have the money won't begrudge a 10% increase and well Ashley is Ashley I can't see tomorrow being the end even with a 'victory'

I think the guy said there could be some unhappy faces, the Bears that have the money won't begrudge a 10% increase and well Ashley is Ashley I can't see tomorrow being the end even with a 'victory'

Well it definitely won’t be tomorrow as the case isn’t until Monday

This thread is full of fannies(like myself) spouting I'll informed speculation. Although in Arkanoid's case, I suspect that "fannie" is an anagram.
Anyway, if we can get rid of Fatman for £1m and a reasonable ST price increase, then I will be delighted.

Lionel Persey QC has, since 1982, advised and acted as an advocate in a wide range of commercial disputes, with a particular emphasis upon commercial litigation and arbitration, shipping, energy and insurance. He appears regularly in the higher courts (including the European Court of Justice) and before a wide range of international and domestic arbitration tribunals, including arbitrations conducted under the rules of the ICC, UNCITRAL, LCIA and the LMAA. Many of his cases involve complex legal and technical issues. He has considerable experience of conducting heavy and lengthy trials and arbitrations, and of working closely with large teams of juniors, solicitors and experts. He is regularly appointed as arbitrator in a wide variety of commercial disputes. He also acts as mediator.

Might have said "could be a few happy faces on here". He's either a miserable bastard or one for watching.
Shut up you lunatic - there’s only one person for the watching here and that’s you.

A tongue and cheek comment and I’m a ‘miserable bastard’. It was merely a joke about how folk on here would react if things go the total opposite of what we’re hoping for.

For those of us who don't really know what this is about.

https://www.insider.co.uk/news/rangers-set-another-court-battle-13971138

Rangers set for another court battle with House of Fraser owner Mike Ashley over Sports Direct merchandise deal

Newcastle United chief claims Ibrox club broke agreement by signing contracts with Elite and Hummel sportswear

Rangers Football Club is preparing for another High Court battle over a merchandise deal with Sports Direct and Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley.

Three months ago, a judge ruled that Rangers had breached the terms of an agreement made with a company in the Sports Direct group.

Mr Justice Teare concluded they had made a new agreement with another firm, the Elite Group, without giving Sports Direct managers a chance to match that company's offer.

He said Rangers had lost and would therefore pick up all lawyers' bills run up during that fight - a total of more than £400,000.

Sports Direct bosses have now made further complaints relating to other agreements involving Rangers and Elite and Rangers and Hummel.

Rangers bosses dispute claims made against them and a judge is scheduled to analyse evidence at a High Court trial in London on April 12 and make decisions about any damages Rangers might have to pay after that trial.

Judge Lionel Persey on Friday made rulings on a number of legal issues in the latest round of the litigation following a preliminary hearing in January.

He heard that further lawyers' bills running into many hundreds of thousands of pounds were like to be run up by the time the trial ended.

The judge said Sports Direct alone were budgeting for more than £400,000.

He’s paid people to do his thinking mate. Anytime he’s opened his mouth he’s shown himself for the fat uneducated slob that he is.
I know what you're saying but he was clever enough to get himself in the position to be able to pay people to do his thinking for him.
He's a treacherous bastard and I wish nothing but bad luck for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back