Rangers v Sports Direct (Latest Court Case – Verdict Awaited)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the judge at the court case back in Autumn (I think) basically not just tell Sports Direct to get their finger out and match the Elite deal? Obviously this still hasn't been done.

Any reason why they wouldn't have matched the deal after the judge had told them to other than SDI being cunts?
Hummel are refusing to sell the kits to SD. Which is nice.

My hatred of the odious prick is up there with the rest of our support. We could all go on as you say.

But don't kid yourself that only luck got him started, only continues because he pays the correct people to do his bidding, is worth billions yet is a complete moron. He has many disgusting faults but is very capable in many respects. The country is awash with morons, I would argue none of them are multi-billionaires.

That is why DK needs to nullify him.[/QUOT
And that's a fact one very clever shite house bastard

Going into Thursday it seems:

ROLLS BUILDING
COURT 28
Before LIONEL PERSEY QC sitting as a Judge of the High Court

Thursday 18 April 2019
At 10:30 AM (All Day)

Part Heard

Commercial Trial

CL-2018-000631 SDI Retail Services Limited v. The Rangers Football Club Limited

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/court-lists/list-cause-rolls2#Commercial-court

Bloody Hell, a couple of months ago when committing this to trial the Judge described this week as a ‘speedy trial’.:eek:

When your defence is at the point where it centres on definitions of specific words in the contract it smacks of clutching at straws. However, as we well know from years of litigation that's often enough. The Law's an ass right enough.

Only just catching up on this thread, but I agree, that snippet doesn't sound entirely convincing. However, let's face it, this entire case was always going to come down to some kind of technicality/quibbling to get around the bleeding obvious - we entered into a commercial arrangement to get kit sold outwith what we agreed in the SDI deal.

I imagine what our case is centred on (based purely on that "distribution" angle is that we thought/think that the way we structured our set-up with Elite, etc somehow exploits a loophole.

Not going to say I'm confident. The big question is probably more around what the impact of losing would be (compensation, etc)?

Given zero coverage since Monday it’s obvious there have been restrictions on reporting of events. Will we hear more later today ?

Obsessed stalker who attended says hearing Is over. No judgement yet.
It’s incredible they actually go and cover these things. Imagine telling people that is what you were doing for a few days. They would look at you like your insane.

The latest round of a long-running fight between Sports Direct owner Mike Ashley and Rangers bosses has concluded at the High Court in London.
Judge Lionel Persey finished overseeing the latest in a series of hearings in London on Thursday.

He is expected to publish a ruling in the near future.
Lawyers representing a company in the Sports Direct Group, SDI Retail Services, say Rangers bosses are in breach of obligations under a deal relating to replica kit.
The Ibrox side disputes the claims made against them.
Rangers lost a round of the fight in October.

Another judge ruled Rangers had breached the terms of an agreement made with SDI.
Mr Justice Teare concluded bosses at Rangers had made a new agreement with another firm without giving SDI a chance to match that firm's offer.
SDI has subsequently made further complaints.

From Daily Rebel an hour ago

The latest round of a long-running fight between Sports Direct owner Mike Ashley and Rangers bosses has concluded at the High Court in London.
Judge Lionel Persey finished overseeing the latest in a series of hearings in London on Thursday.

Lawyers representing a company in the Sports Direct Group, SDI Retail Services, say Rangers bosses are in breach of obligations under a deal relating to replica kit.

Another judge ruled Rangers had breached the terms of an agreement made with SDI.
Mr Justice Teare concluded bosses at Rangers had made a new agreement with another firm without giving SDI a chance to match that firm's offer.

Nothing new there then. Guess we have to wait until ruling.

The word “ruling” gives me the fear.

Fucking hate how we have to sit wondering for an indefinite period whether or not we’ll be stuck with a broken retail arm for what could very well be eternity.

Got the major fear over this and the consequences it may have in the Hummel deal the new shops and new kits etc

We seem to lose every single court battle with them.

Last edited:
The one thing that gives me promise regarding this is the fact that Elite and Hummel both knew about sports direct before getting involved in the situation so much so that Hummel are refusing to supply sports direct and Elite are opening more rangers stores with 10 year leases surely they wouldn't do that without being confident of a positive outcome

I’m fucking sick of this pish.

I'm not liking this to be honest. I know we've been over this a million times but paying x amount of millions to renegotiate only to end up with this pish. What tf happened?

Surely they're must be a Rangers fan who loves the jail and can go and kill the fat cnt lol I think we'll win the case pay fatty 1m and get rid of him forever. Don't listen to what the rags say they're desperate for him to %^*& us overt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back