Match Thread ** Rangers v St Johnstone - 15:00 Saturday 16th Dec - RangersTV.tv **

Muck on the pitch & muck in the boardroom. This needs to get sorted now. It's an utter disgrace that our board have been unable to appoint a manager since their last imposter was told that his time was up. What is going on ? Messers King, Park, Murray, Johnston, Allen & Robertson - answers now please. Be transparent.

The board supported Pedro to the tune of £10 million and therefore they ain't treating you like a mug .
Are you having a laugh, liewell picking our manager couldn't have done a better job of screwing us, a manager in quatar who seemingly interviewed well ...!!! What was it wasnt the feckn x factor he was on, a disaster right from day 1 squandering 8 mill or so with high wages added , there's only one player doing it and that's Morelos... and he was j js choice, alves for me is already away in Jan I believe and all the other Johnny's have been very poor apart from DJ on loan

Clearly cannot play McCrorie with Jack & Holt against teams not going to have a go at you.

Hindsight obviously but McCrorie should slot back into CB alongside any of the others as they are as bad as each other.

Pena should really be the one in that creative free role, if not then Kranjcar if not then these two need punted or with Kranjcar just release him and free up some space for a youth player until Dorrans is back.

The board writing off this season already giving "Them" another tittle all the time edging them closer to 10 and more in a row. Sorry board that is unacceptable to us fans. Borrowed time springs to mind!

At least we are building bridges with every lady's front bottom who hates us and wanted us dead.

As I’ve said since the failed McInnes appointment, the board are simply sleepwalking from week to week and hoping that answer to the managerial situation will just arrive out of nowhere.

We deserve so much better than this.

I've been saying for months, there is something far wrong in that dressing room. It needs to get sorted and sorted quickly.

If we are going to lose games I would rather lose with players who are trying and showing a bit of commitment and heart.

Too many in there who simply don't care if we win or lose and despite their protestations, it's staggeringly obvious.

Most likely they know Murty will just say tough luck boys. They know there will be no repercussions from a bad performance. They need a Souness or Watty in there to kick them around the changing room so they will not do it again. No prssure.

too many matches caught up with us hope with a week off we can back to winning ways

Injuries may be a reason but too many matches can't be, they are professional footballers and do nothing else.

If I went to work and started making loads of avoidable mistakes and blamed it on too much work then I'd be laughed at and stuck on guard!

They should be able to play at a consistent level or they should move on.

todays result does not surprise me anymore. the team we have do not have the balls for a fight. and until they wake up and realise that us fans will suffer. even when rangers teams of old were bad at least they had some fight in them. everybody at rangers is to blame for the shit way the team play most weeks.

We need Wallace back and move John to the left wing and keep Windyass in the center.. Tommy Wright for me any day of the week. The best manager in this league. We are just not good enough to break teams down that sit back. Until we sort this out these results will keep happening.

Better player will remedy this so the board need to start spending if they want to get back to the top as they keep tell us fans.

Sadly this is the truth, that and the fact that these players don't have the balls to play at Ibrox

too many matches caught up with us hope with a week off we can back to winning ways

Sorry mate but that doesn't wash, our precious darlings haven't played more than most in the league (and fewer than the bheasts) - these are supposed to be professional athletes with a competitive mentality.

The problem surely is Ibrox.
Why can't a Rangers team perform in front of our home crowd?
This is really troubling.
It's not really mate. The problem is we have a poor team and poor management on and off the field. I will say we have had no luck in the first quarter of the fixtures and have been dogged by poor officiating on more than one occasion , you could call it being unlucky. I'd suggest what's happened in the last month is our luck has turned a bit to the positive side. We were under the cosh at Pittodrie till we scored a second on the break, we were under the cosh at Easter Road and won in spite of it, a bit like the Hamilton and St Johnstone performances against us at Ibrox.

What can't be disputed is that this squad is in bad shape, the board made two huge mistakes with management choices and we are a poor football team and not looking like progressing from it short term. That's the sad state of the matter.

Walter Smith could do nothing with this pile of dung, we are piss poor and just need to accept until we get a huge cash injection we will stay piss poor
There is some kind of mental block when we play at Ibrox, They are capable of playing Aberdeen off the pitch at Ibrox and doing the same against them away from home and done well to take three points from Easter road which is all just totally pointless and a complete waste of time if losing games at home against teams that should really be put to bed.

I was fully expecting by 5.00pm we would have been back in second place and putting pressure on the unwashed by being just two points behind them, The icing on the cake would be if Hearts ended their unbeaten run tomorrow and we then look back and say "what if".

We should be sitting tonight in a nice place, But as usual just when you think we can,Along come the players and throw yet another spanner in the works.

Lets face facts here,Nobody is afraid to come to Ibrox anymore, Most of our own players walking off the pitch looked as if they couldn't wait to get home.

Shot ourselves in the foot again on our own ground against a St Johnstone team who were worse than Ross county and Hamilton and that's what makes it so hard to except.

What makes me more angry is the hard fought away wins against teams we weren't expected to win anything and today we've just gave the sheep another 3 pts and and reduced our goal difference by 5 today and should be 9 pts in front of Hibs and 2 pts behind the unwashed and they totally fucked everything up.

None of them are fit to wear the jersey and we should be venting our anger at the board who have allowed this to happen while they sit with the dignified silence and it is us the fans who are suffering the most with this.

Well done Rangers for fucking up yet another weekend.

Sorry mate you are wrong, it is blindingly obvious that almost every Rangers player is afraid to come to Ibrox.

The problem is entirely psychological. No self belief or confidence when we're the favourites.

No coincidence that we done well as the underdogs against Aberdeen and Hibs, because that's how our players perceive themselves.

We are so nervous and scared about getting beat that we are entirely focused on.... getting beat!

You are absolutely right.

I suggested sport's psychologists need to be brought in weeks ago, I think it was on one of the H&H threads. David Edgar informed me that we already have all that.

That leaves me wondering who the fuck they are, what's their track record and why are they getting paid for doing nothing about an obvious problem.

They need to horse the entire PR and sports psychology staff into bus and just drive it away and start again.

It’s crazy we have beaten hibs, hearts, aberdeen and St Johnstone away but have a home record Hamilton would be concerned about

I suggested sport's psychologists need to be brought in weeks ago, I think it was on one of the H&H threads. David Edgar informed me that we already have all that.

That leaves me wondering who the fuck they are, what's their track record and why are they getting paid for doing nothing about an obvious problem.

They need to horse the entire PR and sports psychology staff into bus and just drive it away and start again.
Knowing our fucking luck half of them will be from Parkhead Psychiatric Hospital! :mad:

Might have been mentioned earlier but by my reckoning that's 16........ yes 16 points dropped at Home and only 4 clean sheets in 19 league games. Not even the New Feckin Year. Totally unacceptable for a Club of our stature. Stop burying yer heid in the sand King and get a Manager in now.

It's so disappointing. Every time we look like we are getting somewhere, we come up with a performance like that.

The players have a lot of explaining to do, that was totally unacceptable.

Ffs.

Folk saying 'spineless', , 'no quality'.

Get a grip.

We are knocking on second, which, at the start of the year, you'd have chomped your hand off for.

Closer next year, and 2019 we win the War, not the battle.

Scheme of things, no MacInnes stuff, there's 6 dropped points. Last minute stonewall v the western sheep. Another 2. Hivs rode us, 3 more.

Not Murtys fault, but we are punching above weight.

Accept it, take euro income, get closer bit by bit, then %^*& them.

There is some kind of mental block when we play at Ibrox, They are capable of playing Aberdeen off the pitch at Ibrox and doing the same against them away from home and done well to take three points from Easter road which is all just totally pointless and a complete waste of time if losing games at home against teams that should really be put to bed.

I was fully expecting by 5.00pm we would have been back in second place and putting pressure on the unwashed by being just two points behind them, The icing on the cake would be if Hearts ended their unbeaten run tomorrow and we then look back and say "what if".

We should be sitting tonight in a nice place, But as usual just when you think we can,Along come the players and throw yet another spanner in the works.

We are simply not good enough to break down teams that sit back and that is what most teams do at Ibrox. The teams that do not sit back at Ibrox we can deal with better. I just thing they lack ability not bottle.

We’re now at the “expecting to win” stage, and this is now based on “on the field” reasons as opposed to the “we’re Rangers, we expect to win every game” ideal or that “we expect to win because we’ve a bigger budget” .
This should make things easier on the players.
They’ve earned the right to be favourites be confident.
They’ve now got to just do it.
Good call, dick!

Still don't know what formation we were playing.

We are playing a diamond in midfiled but no one has the ability to play well in it apart from our young captain Mccorrie.

Clearly cannot play McCrorie with Jack & Holt against teams not going to have a go at you.

Hindsight obviously but McCrorie should slot back into CB alongside any of the others as they are as bad as each other.

Pena should really be the one in that creative free role, if not then Kranjcar if not then these two need punted or with Kranjcar just release him and free up some space for a youth player until Dorrans is back.
This, for me.
We had no, maybe have no, creativity.
It’s not as if we made and missed chances today.

just in and seen the result

cannot fucking believe that

what a shower of utter shit this squad is

truly dreadful

Is it true that we played with a captain today who didn’t speak English? If it’s true then it makes the result understandable, especially when we went behind and needed some inspiration.

No consistency once again from us,we sneak a few good wins and everything is rosy at Ibrox, well no it's fuckin not, with all due respect to GM he is not i repeat not the answer,we badly need a stable individual at the helm and for them to rid our squad of under achieving players,too ofter are we seeing performances like this today and it's just not acceptable any longer, to be fair it never was.

I just can't comprehend the fact my club one of the biggest in world football is still 2 month on without a manager!!! It's embarrassing and it's down right ridiculous, at this rate January will come and go and we will not be any further forward.

We have and I say 'we' as in our incompetent board have given up mid season! That's the reality of it all,they messed up signing pedro and letting him splash a crazy amount of cash on dross, they messed up big time when attempting to appoint McInnes and here we are no better off for it, what next? Wait until the end of the season? At this rate i wouldn't be surprised. My patience with the board is wearing thin.

Thank %^*& I was too busy to see that today, that's an utter shambles, we can't keep sleepwalking through utter shite with a couple good results papering over the cracks. We need a proper manager in asap, and I'm saying that as someone who fully respects Murty

That was absolutely disgusting.

Not one player with the ability to take responsibility for that disgrace. Easy pass and stand still instead of trying to beat a man, move into space, have a shit.

Minging!!

The board writing off this season already giving "Them" another tittle all the time edging them closer to 10 and more in a row. Sorry board that is unacceptable to us fans. Borrowed time springs to mind!

I agree they did great but that’s the past and they are making a total mess of things now. Goodwill only lasts so long.

Gutted with the result but not at all surprised. If we're being honest only the 3-0 win over the sheep has been convincing, we've struggled in the other matches since.
We need a strong and astute manager tout suite or we'll continue to win some lose some. I'm dreading the match against the filth.

The problem is entirely psychological. No self belief or confidence when we're the favourites.

No coincidence that we done well as the underdogs against Aberdeen and Hibs, because that's how our players perceive themselves.

We are so nervous and scared about getting beat that we are entirely focused on.... getting beat!
I find myself agreeing with this entirely. The problem with the players is in their heads, they have an inferiority complex. Big Eck would kick that shit out of their heads. Murty I suspect is too gentlemanly.

Back