Match Thread ** Rangers v St Johnstone - 15:00 Saturday 16th Dec - RangersTV.tv **

Murty cannot see his diamond formation has struggled in the last two weeks and now plays the same way, add in Candeias who was woeful on Wednesday and today and almost every other player out of form and we have a cluster %^*&.
We've one potential leader and that's McCrorie

Today was pathetic and showed why I don't Murty as manager

This was waiting to happen. Ok, the sheep games were fine, but take them out the equation and Dundee,Hamilton, Ross County and yes Hibs were poor and a defeat like this was enivitable.
Off for a night out and I am getting rat arsed. Nite Bears.

Is it true that we played with a captain today who didn’t speak English? If it’s true then it makes the result understandable, especially when we went behind and needed some inspiration.
Neither does that prick Broon. He talks shite. Still don't make sense if true though.

3 things added together today to give us an abject performance which was as bad as any this season.

1. Murty's decision to change the shape of the team by bringing in Candeias, meaning we went 4-1-4-1 and abandoned the diamond formation that has worked so well. That meant Windass back wide when he is better through the middle, it meant Morelos a lone striker when he is better with a partner, and it meant the team became less dynamic and more rigid.
2. The players simply don't have the mentality to meet the expectations we have as a club. There aren't enough winners, not enough experience of digging out results and winning trophies. Playing at Ibrox for most of the season has seen them struggle, whereas much better away from home. No coincidence that at home the expectation level is higher and the opposition tend to sit back deeper and make us try to break them down.
3. Players who have recently played well all had a bad day at the same time. Tavernier, Alves, Holt, Windass all had shockers.

That will be the end of the threads about us winning the league, and probably the end of calls for Murty to get the role for a longer period.

I just watched the Ryan Jack interview there and what jumped out, for me, is when he said "we'll sit down at the beginning of the week and have a look at the tape" No urgency, no anger, no what the %^*&'s going on here.
'Aye, we'll have a look at it'
This kind of laissez faire acceptance, after everything else he said, describes the dressing room ethos in a nutshell. I'm not blaming him for that, it's endemic.
I would have them in tomorrow at 7am watching that tape until the penny drops that a performance like that is unacceptable.
He also inferred that some players were not trying and not doing their jobs.

Time to name names and get this shit sorted out.

Usually even bad teams have better goal difference at home vs away. Ours is +3 at home (which is pathetic) vs +12 away.

We're breaking new ground this season with our ineptness at Ibrox.

Beaten by a poor St Johnstone at Ibrox. Usual post match interview coming up , need to do better , learn from this , players are disappointed aye right the whole lot can get to feck.

Heard the players left Scotland after full time to go on a Chistmas break, laughable after that performance!

Declan John actually jumps out of the tackle at the third goal.

Symptomatic of the level of commitment from the team today. Abysmal.

It was an awful goal to lose, John jumps out of quite a few challenges I've noticed. As was the second which stemmed from Windass managing to lose the ball 3 times in 5 seconds. We are still powderpuff.

I find myself agreeing with this entirely. The problem with the players is in their heads, they have an inferiority complex. Big Eck would kick that shit out of their heads. Murty I suspect is too gentlemanly.
Playing with no fear of repercussion- talent is obviously not the issue, they can raise their game for ‘big’ games against Aberdeen, Hibs but without a manager to boot their halls and ‘motivate’ them in the lesser games they just try to coast it. Murty is too much their wee cuddly pal. We need a manager in pronto to strike some fear into these pussies.

Got it all wrong today, all wrong.

Why the random inclusion of Kranjkar who is clearly done? Where was Pena? Why go back to playing with Windass out wide? Morelos was so isloated and further the game went the further back he drifted. We didnt look in control of the game at any point today.

I honestly think that is the poorest Rangers performance I have ever witnessed live. Score a decent goal in 5 mins and do absolutely nothing right for the next 85. Given my first Ibrox game was a 3-0 defeat to Hearts in 1973, thats sayingsomething

Its also the biggest clearout of fans I've witnessed before the final whistle.

This cant go on.

Why Murty thought bringing on Kranjcharwould improve us had me baffled.No doubting Candias should have been brought off sooner but I would have brought Hodson on at right back and pushed Tav up the right.It couldnt have gotten any worse.
As for that gobshi*e Alves he can take his ego and trot on.
No doubt the imposters will be enjoying their night out in Newcastle tonight.
Murty should have binned this immediately after the game.

well that was a disappointing load of pish - but after scraping a few wins together and thinking we're all that, maybe its not too surprising we got found out. Still fkn raging though.

No doubt the imposters will be enjoying their night out in Newcastle tonight.
Murty should have binned this immediately after the game.

remember after pc was sacked,
interview with windass,
he said, when asked about murty being in charge,
'' yes its good, and we have our midweek day off back''.

I was shocked by the lack of fitness compared to the opposition. We were second to every ball, they chased and harried us at every opportunity. The legacy of Pedro is a handful of wage thieves he imported with no concept of what is expected of a rangers player. Whoever takes over will have to deal with that first. It’s embarrassing. Pedro should have been sacked after the European exit. The board are culpable

Still fuming at that truly horrific display yesterday.

No desire or sense of team spirit.

Hardly won a 50/50 challenge.

Hardly won any 2nd balls.

Players lazy all over the park.

Players hiding when it went wrong.

I could go on and on.

Been going to Ibrox since 1970 and witnessed some honking games. Yesterday must be up there I’m afraid.

Pathetic....

Team was shocking.

Don't think many understood what formation we should of been playing.

Why change from the diamond with windass up front when he's been good in that position and hopeless out wide.

Some of the players looked to knackered. Even Tav didn't seem his usual up and down the park self.

Our lack of creativity is frightening pass the ball about a bit then eventually out to the right hand side for Tav or whoever to try a cross.

At times holt was the furthest player forward against St Johnstone at home is baffling.

Can't think of any even slight positives from today

Yesterday was an absolute disgrace. Team shape was completely wrong and we were as well not making any subs for all the impact they had. The board need to get the finger out and get a manager in. Murty does not have a clue.

An absolute f ucking disgrace yesterday.We crumbled the second we lost the equaliser and St Johnstone picked us off at will.Bringing on NK was a scandalous decision.

Some posters last week were on a trip of sorts,winning the league,murty for manager,reality grip sets in,we are “running on empty “and need stabilility and confidence—-now!,fed up feeling like a dog chasing my tail every week.

Within the first few seconds we gave the ball away, Tavernier the culprit, which let the opposition get on the ball and make a few passes giving them a bit of confidence.
Almost every home game we start off like that and it sets the tone for the match. Too many players are guilty of this, Tavernier, Wilson, Alves, Holt etc.
We need someone who is going to boot a few arses as the attitude around the place stinks. Getting fed up with the usual sounbites of preparing well or we'll have a look at the video and the players can discuss what went wrong. Heard that stuff for about three or four seasons now and nothing has changed.

Don’t know about the rest of you but I had a bad feeling the minute the St Johnstone striker out jumped Wes and headed the ball towards goal and the Defence stood like statues watching the ball trundle towards the goal and Wilson only reacted at the last minute and i am not so sure he would have got to the ball in time to stop it had been on target

Don’t know about the rest of you but I had a bad feeling the minute the St Johnstone striker out jumped Wes and headed the ball towards goal and the Defence stood like statues watching the ball trundle towards the goal and Wilson only reacted at the last minute and i am not so sure he would have got to the ball in time to stop it had been on target
had a great view of that, he wouldnt have made it.

imo, on this page alone, on this thread, are three reasons that Murty cannot be in charge for much longer.

Bringing Kranjcar on yesterday (a football manager's suicide note if ever there was one).

The reminder that one of the first things that Murty did when taking over from Pedro was to give back to the Rangers players their midweek day off (a day that could have probably have shown dividends if it had included defensive drills and long-range shooting, or indeed almost any basic football team drills).

The fact that the Christmas night out in Newcastle will go ahead (in Newcastle -- the city where the club's own players cancelled their own party because of their poor form; and note that Allardyce cancelled Everton's party).

Three reasons -- covering game management, coaching and PR.

I've never damned Murty like this before, but it IS a triple whammy.

the games lost at home have been a disgrace, the teams that we are losing to should be banker points, we then beat teams that everybody thinks will hump us, its like 2 steps forward and 1 step back, not sure we have enough players with that winning mentality thats required of a rangers player.

I agree, couldn't believe that. It was schoolboy stuff. As I posted we took the lead against the run of play.

It was a game we never really looked like winning.

Sportscene just shown me what I suspected yesterday, Wilson not marking his man in the box for second and non tackle in the third from him and John.

I don't usually watch this prog but had tae see what went down. I couldnae grasp whit was goin on.

the micks got trounced, couldnae miss that.

Murty changing from 2 upfront to go with Morelos on his own was ridiculous. Windass has been flying upfront so why stick him out wide again?

1 upfront at home for an hour is nothing short of embarrassing.

Wilson had a hand in the 2nd and 3rd goals couldnt believe it as he had played well recently.

Wilson had a hand in the 2nd and 3rd goals couldnt believe it as he had played well recently.

We all know Wilson’s default is to make mistakes so it shouldn’t really of been a shock for anyone.

Good performances are more the shock off him.

He did the same in the away game at aberdeen but fortunately it got headed against the bar. Wilson is not going to change now I’m afraid, Murty will keep playing him anyway

Back