Match Thread Rangers v St Johnstone - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV.tv

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
AeoUdk3.png

They’ve lost their last five games.

No chance are they changing that at Ibrox.

Who plays up front is the biggest question here. 3 points please Rangers.

Three points a must (again).

I reckon we will get them but it's going to be tight I think.

Three points a must (again).

I reckon we will get them but it's going to be tight I think.

Like most teams, they will sit in and try and scrape a draw. The fact that we have no fit strikers will probably encourage them.

I think it will be a struggle, a 1-0 or 2-1 win. St. Johnstone will be infinitely more dangerous than they were against Celtic.

Didn’t realize they’d lost the last five on the trot. Makes me feel a bit better about the possibility of going into the game without a recognized striker

They gave the mentally challengeds some problems in the league games. They struggled to break them down.

We need to be patient today especially without a striker.

Let’s just out these to the sword early and give a couple of younger players some needed game time!

Fans have a big part to play today.
If we don’t get an early break through I hope we don’t get the audible groans and having a go at their favourite whipping boys.
This mob will be 10 behind the ball desperate to stop the rot and we’ve struggled to break that down a few times this season.

A bit of a non descript weekend. But a win today and Celtic losing tomorrow could well be the pivotal weekend this season

Defoe trained yesterday but as @Axelrod says its a big risk if he has hamstring issues, if he doesn't make it I think the lineup will be

Fod
Tav Goldson Worrall Barisic
McCriorie Jack Arfield
Candeias Middleton Kent

With Defoe on the bench..just to give St johnstone the fear..

Last edited:
One of Laff or Defoe making it would be a big boost.

Think we'll win regardless however.

Should have kept Hardie imo.These situations with bans and injuries were going to happen at some point.Am going for a brutally shit 1-0 game as saints will sit in.

If Laff and Defoe don’t make it, I’d like to see Dapo start and take his chance.

Won't happen, Gerrard has already said that he isn't ready to start but is ready for a cameo appearance.

I have a feeling that Lafferty will start.

Mebude isn’t a striker. He’s a small winger. He will be cover on bench and still v young.

If both Defoe and Laff don’t make it, Kent will play through middle

Expecting a very tight and tense game punctuated by a lot of whistle noises coming out of Steven ‘Look at Meee’ McLean.

3 points a must to keep the pressure on Them tomorrow, worried if Defoe and/or Lafferty don’t make it in terms of firepower but hopefully at least one does.

If Laff and Defoe don’t make it, I’d like to see Dapo start and take his chance.
Said this yesterday what have we got to lose? I'd rather a young striker who could end up having a cracker than a winger who's not really suited as a striker. If he struggles we can then try Kent or Middleton there but there's nothing wrong taking a risk st Johnstone won't know what to expect with dapo and it could work in our favour

Expecting a very tight and tense game punctuated by a lot of whistle noises coming out of Steven ‘Look at Meee’ McLean.

3 points a must to keep the pressure on Them tomorrow, worried if Defoe and/or Lafferty don’t make it in terms of firepower but hopefully at least one does.
He is a horrible ref and his attitude stinks, he thinks he is fcking amazing !

Back