MOTM Poll Rangers v St Johnstone - 18:30 Sunday - Premier Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
That defending at their goal was fucking criminal. Morelos for Roofe killed us too, Roofe has been poor for a while now. Knew he was missing his pen as soon as he stepped up. %^*& that game to %^*&.
Midfield was terrible along with the 2 fullback n kent. We take off morelos? Fkn joke. Gerrard made a lady's front bottom of that.

Made the mistake right from the start (that virtually always turns out to be a mistake) of playing Aribo in midfield. Also Hagi has another of his many poor performances, and all of a sudden our attack is poorer also.

End of season run in 15/16 all over again. League wrapped up early and lost urgency thereafter, leading to that garbage cup final against Hibs

Amongst several contributory factors, including the ref, for the loss there was a sloppiness & casualness about us tonight - simple 2 yard passes getting knocked out the park, too many ambling about - a real lack of urgency, not really fighting for every ball in the manner they did.

A golden opportunity missed yet again.

It's infuriating.

Summary of the thread - it’s everyone’s fault.

The simple fact is they wanted it more. Yes, Morelos should’ve stayed on for me but on a yellow I could understand Gerrard.

Their keeper shouldn’t have been left unmarked.

We should’ve done much better with penalties. Many attempts to win the game.

St Johnstone took theirs. We didn’t. That’s it.

9 runs ? Am I bring stupid ?
3 seasons x2 domestic cups
2 Europa league (harsh to say we serve to win it )

where’s the 9th.

btw today Is a disgrace im not arguing that just don’t get the math
Three leagues, three S Cup and three League Cup? Maybe six is fairer...so apologies. Cup record is appalling though.

No I want him to figure out why either he and his staff cant motivate his players to beat a team that scraped into the top 6, or why we couldnt beat St Mirren, or Aberdeen, or whomever else has pumped us out of cup competition.
There might be 1 or 2 issues but I don't think motivation has been 1 this season

Very annoying. Switched it off right away after the penalties. Couldn't bear to listen to the after match comments.

We had our chances. St. Johnstone didn't deserve to win.

I'll feel worse as the night goes on. I've booze in and that will help I suppose.

Winning the league was the most important thing of this season, and just about any season. Job well and truly done on that front. That was the big one. Don't let this defeat distract from that.

Imagine losing the league and winning the cup !!!

The boozing starts now

Roofe has offered not much since he came back Kamara has been poor as well the two best players we have are McGregor and Steven Davis .....

To not win a cup in theee seasons is strange and very poor. OBVIOUSLY the league is all that matters and wouldn’t swap it for anything but fuk me that is bad.

This is a team that scraped into the top 6 on goal difference, they had Sean fecking Rooney taking the piss and looking like a footballer, it’s fecking embarrassing. :mad:

I think tonight shows we’ve still got a bit to go to create this ‘relentless’ winning mentality. And we still probably need a bit more investment to get there. 2 or 3 key injuries and the bench starts to looks bare. Particularly in the middle of the park where Kamara and Davis looked like they were running on empty.

So why play them midweek?

At least one maybe two of them could have been "rested" midweek.

Not the reason we lost today, schoolboy defending in last minute is.

Embarrassing. Absolutely embarrassing. Gerrard, what a mess of this game you made - you could not have given less a shit about this game if you had tried really hard.

Kent left on the pitch after one of the single worst performances Ive see him offer.

Lost a cup game to St. Mirren. Lost a cup game to St. Johnstone.

You have NO excuses. Call it out and say, you made a total c**t of it and so did you players. You embarrassed yourselves and say sorry.

A mess. Goodnight.
That post proves you're a mess. Get a grip ffs

Agreed. It's what they did, even when they committed fouls. Make the ref know how you feel and don't let him ignore anything.
We are far too naive. And I’m actually annoyed that Gerrard hasn’t spotted this and drummed it into the team.
Almost every match we will have 14 men against us and we need to minimise the 3 officials influence by being in their face.

If you are happy with Rangers being put out by teams like StJohnstone, then it just shows ur own small time attitude. Two free runs in both Cup competitions and we cant even make the final.
Nope. All that shows is your entitled attitude.

I don’t know why you think it was a free run? It’s a cup for goodness sake. I expect any team to make it very hard for us in the cup and would never call it a free run.

"This is just the beginning". Well that didn't last long. This team are over 50 points behind us and we are at home ffs !! Awful night that looked like it could go that way from the first whistle - we were never on it.

Not the result we wanted tonight. But St Johnstone had a game plan and they got it ie penalties. There four pens were on the money. Hope young Wright gets a start next Sunday. Looked very good every game he’s came on. A few tea cups will have been broken after the game.

Judging by a lot of posts on this board our support seem to look at it like that I don't.
I think its utterly pathetic the way we have lost last min goals that saw us exit both cups this season

Some fans have lower expectations for rangers.

I disagree with their "och well at least we won the league" attitude but each to their own i guess.

Gerrard, the management and the team have a very difficult analysis to conduct in investigating why we can't bring our excellent, Europa League knock out performances, over this last three years in comparison to our poor performances in the lowly Scottish Cup and League Cup games.

That said, I am thrilled we have won the Scottish Premiership which was always the key this season but the realisation has hit home that we are far from the finished article.

If you are happy with Rangers being put out by teams like StJohnstone, then it just shows ur own small time attitude. Two free runs in both Cup competitions and we cant even make the final.
I must have missed something in 50 years being a rangers fan. Cant remember us winning every trophy we compete in.

Problem you have mate, you treat others like crap who shouldn't be on the same pitch as us, then go in the cream puff when we lose.

So you think winning the scottish cup and league cup is big time then. Maybe we should play in another league if you want big time.

An absolutely stinking performance. And all due to a terrible tempo. The only one who wanted to play with any pace and aggression was Kent. For all the plaudits they have rightly had this season, that was not good enough from Davis and Kamara. That was pedestrian garbage tonight. Nothing incisive, nothing quick. So slow all the time that St J always had time to get into shape.

And I have no idea what McGregor was doing at the goal. A ball whipped in 4 yards out and he isn’t taking it and Clark’s head too if need be?

As disappointing a result as it was surprising. I did not see that coming.

Gutted at that.

Always liked finishing a season with the Scottish Cup. 3 seasons, 9 domestic competitions, won 1, luckily for Gerrard its the one that mattered most.

Our cup form needs addressed next season.

An absolutely stinking performance. And all due to a terrible tempo. The only one who wanted to play with any pace and aggression was Kent. For all the plaudits they have rightly had this season, that was not good enough from Davis and Kamara. That was pedestrian garbage tonight. Nothing incisive, nothing quick. So slow all the time that St J always had time to get into shape.

And I have no idea what McGregor was doing at the goal. A ball whipped in 4 yards out and he isn’t taking it and Clark’s head too if need be?

Plenty did see it coming mate

I’m not prepared to vote anybody MotM tonight.

That’s all the football I can take tonight. It’s left me uttetly drained and feeling flat at the end of what could and should have been an even more glorious season than it has been.

Don’t get me wrong, the title was everything this season and I’ll still love the trophy day festivities, but this tonight hasn't half been deflating. Yet another what could have been cup experience. We need to knock this pish out of our system quickly.

Totally agree we started the game at a pedestrian and showed zero urgency, happy to pass it sideways & backwards to no effect. Didn’t see it coming other which makes it harder to take

Easy to say with hindsight but I reckon if Alfie had stayed on we would be in the semis. Roofe just hasn’t the same presence and upsets defences as Alfie
If Alfie had kept his heid on, he would have been kept on. That yellow card had a lot to do with him coming off. I think the gaffer was getting nervous, given the terrible decisions made by their Ref.
that Alfie would get sent off for a 2nd yellow card that he wouldn't deserve.

Easy to say with hindsight but I reckon if Alfie had stayed on we would be in the semis. Roofe just hasn’t the same presence and upsets defences as Alfie
I'm sure roofe will prove to be a good signing, just hasn't kicked on since his injury, next season will be different I think.

Nope. All that shows is your entitled attitude.

I don’t know why you think it was a free run? It’s a cup for goodness sake. I expect any team to make it very hard for us in the cup and would never call it a free run.
You think I'm entitled because I expect us to win a game at home against a team who are getting beat 1-0 with seconds left? With fans having your attitude, Rangers don't need to strive for excellence.

I will say you are talking pish.

If you had said since the turn of the month then I may have agreed.
What game have we looked like we’d put on a cricket score!? First half of the seaso we were a joy to watch, lots of pace fast flow attacks - this year much slower and cautious. Not saying we’ve been terrible or looked like losing just not looking like we’d dominate and only one winner.

It was clear that we thought last week was the cup final. Started slow and to be fair it never looked like we were scoring. Scunnered and the season end is going to be flat . Avoid defeat is the only thing to look forward to until the season finishes.

Barasic has been off the boil for a few games now, Kamara has been poor since the Slavia game, Roofe has been poor since returning from injury, Aribo is not a midfielder, and the good oerfs like Goldson, Helander and Davis had a bad night, but we should have seen that out tonight, but couldn’t against a very limited hard working side.
And whilst I’m on a rant, the ref was shocking.

Gutted at that.

Always liked finishing a season with the Scottish Cup. 3 seasons, 9 domestic competitions, won 1, luckily for Gerrard its the one that mattered most.

Our cup form needs addressed next season.
He seems to mis read the Scottish game in cup games I know that sounds crazy but you cannot play a cup tie in the way you play a league game. Both cups this seasons the performance and results were dreadful and yet we should have won both.

Back