MOTM Poll Rangers v St Johnstone - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters

Blutoe

Probably as poor a 3-0 win as you’ll ever see, don’t think their keeper had a save to make all game. Lucky to have the quality of Borna tonight to make the difference.

Didn’t think Arfield did much to try and force his way back in the starting XI except pass it back almost every time he got it. Roofe rusty but give him his due, thought Itten had a few tidy touches but sadly for him it looked like everyone else clocked out after 48mins.

I didnt like how Goldson & Tav were happy to just to pass the ball about the back like a friendly, we need a more ruthless streak in us.

Anyway, we’re on our way!
I’ll take poor 3-0 wins all season. Away to your bed....

Stew72

Had to laugh at KT continually calling The Filth " the team across the city"
Get 3pts on that abomination of a park on Sunday, and ill be happy.

aldoshmaldo

Got to be delighted with that score line and we completely dominated but it’s also kinda hard to judge or measure the improvement throughout the team.

Anyway, one game at a time. Another 3 points in the bag.

Jaws II

Tav :))
You're funny. Your hatred for Tavernier is embarrassing.
He was hoofing everything over the bar and his passing wasn’t up to much, sorry if that upsets you. Just like Hagi had a poor game apart from one where he was unlucky to not score near the end.

I said everyone else had a good game and Barisic and Kamara were top notch, however if you want to just highlight the comment on Tav fire away.

caddy

Kamara and Davis both looked sharp tonight. Keeper did what was needed. All in comfortable - keep this up and it will be interesting to see how they get on when chasing opposed to cruising 7pts ahead

asialoyal

Good safe result with the bonus of another clean sheet.
We are not even close to clicking and playing full tempo yet. That must be worrying for our opponents.
We are definitely moving in the right direction but need to work on all those wasted poor crosses and corner kicks.

Papablue

Nowhere near up to speed yet but 3 clean sheets and top of the league. Whats not to like. As we get sharper we will create more and more chances and hopefully we now have the guys to take more of them. Happy Bear here.

MearnsUnionist

Agreed

Davis and Arfield slow us down. Add Kamara beside them and it’s even worse

It's called game management mate.

They come on and play to instructions.

The game's won, slow things down and keep possession.

Both did exactly what was required.

Another big effort required on Sunday and energy conserved.

Barring Barisic, Kamara was MOTM tonight.

Well played Rangers.

the not so young one

Bit more confidence, relax and awareness of where his man is and he will be a great player. His little turn and shot at the end was class.
If you know that the ref will let a player "do" you then you're going to be spending more time thinking about the coming hit rather than playing your natural game. I love the wee man and think he has that bit of vision we have lacked for a good few years now. Heim and Kent have the beginning of a good understanding developing I'd say.

Hank_Marvin

Jog on. He was shocking today. How many times did he mid control the ball and give away possession.
Absolute horseshit, No player on our team today was "shocking" or "horrifc".

Did Hagi play well? No not particularly. But he did have a big hand in the 2nd and killer goal. Had nice link up play with Kent which nearly resulted in a goal, hes 21 years old, hes going to be inconsistent.

So get yourself in the bin with your negative, sensationalist pish.

Billiericky

Great result.

We're in a very good place. Love it.

Voted for McLaughlin, a bit unfair on Barisic, but he kept out a certain goal. A brilliant save.

Keeps goals against at zero. Long may it continue.

BigSteve

Nope, not having that at all. Some superb touches in that second half, created all our good attacks. Hagi had a very good game.
You watched a different game to me. I really like Hagi but he was dire tonight.

Good pass for the goal. Good wee chance he made for himself at the end. I counted at last 4 or 5 times in first half where he lost control of the ball with an awful first touch and ceded possession.

Installer

He was hoofing everything over the bar and his passing wasn’t up to much, sorry if that upsets you. Just like Hagi had a poor game apart from one where he was unlucky to not score near the end.

I said everyone else had a good game and Barisic and Kamara were top notch, however if you want to just highlight the comment on Tav fire away.
Did you see ones Kamara and Barisic sent to the stands?

I guess not.

Texas ranger

Well, here we are.

Three games in, three wins, no goals conceded, no yellow cards , no red cards and a feeling that we have got a lot more to offer. As somebody mentioned on another post, it feels like we haven’t got out of second gear yet. All of which bodes well.

I’ll need to start digging through stats but when was the last time we went three competitive games in Scotland without a card ? Maybe there’s some merit to this bcd after all.

spaceman2

Watching Barisic's free kick again, I genuinely don't know how he does it when he hits them like that.

I couldn't do that no matter how many times I tried

silky

good result albeit a pretty uninteresting game to watch, . playng far too slow in my opinion, and i think when we up the tempo we cause more damage, and prevent teams from setting up defensively , too much sideway and backward slow movement for me giving team chances to get 11 behind the ball

BigSteve

Absolute horseshit, No player on our team today was "shocking" or "horrifc".

Did Hagi play well? No not particularly. But he did have a big hand in the 2nd and killer goal. Had nice link up play with Kent which nearly resulted in a goal, hes 21 years old, hes going to be inconsistent.

So get yourself in the bin with your negative, sensationalist pish.
Sorry. Can’t agree. Needs a rest. I really rate the wee man but in the competitive games so far this season his been miles off it and today was appalling.

No more to say on the point. He was rank and doesn’t deserve to start at the weekend. I’m done on this topic with you. You watched a different game to me, congrats.

ald

We will be some team if we ever actually put our foot down and play with real tempo. We cruised that tonight but never really looked all that fluid. Had the feel of a game where if we had put the foot down we could have won by 6 or 7. Not quite sure why we lack a bit of tempo. Maybe it is the lack of a crowd urging us forward, maybe it is just early season fitness and still trying to gel, maybe it is a bit of both.

Can’t argue with 9 points out of 9. Sunday is a bigger game for me than I suspect many will consider it to be. I hate these plastic pitch games, whether it is at Livi or Killie or wherever. The pitch is such a leveller and if you don’t play with good tempo it isn’t hard to come unstuck.

DEJA BLUE

Good pass for the goal. Good wee chance he made for himself at the end. I counted at last 4 or 5 times in first half where he lost control of the ball with an awful first touch and ceded possession.
Not just tonight, he's been poor since start of season and was dropped for a match

Blutoe

Dire.....lol
He didn’t have the best match, but some lovely touches and nearly a goal at the end. Not great but a million miles away from dire....

Latest posts

change consent