MOTM Poll Rangers v St Johnstone - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
It's called game management mate.

They come on and play to instructions.

The game's won, slow things down and keep possession.

Both did exactly what was required.

Another big effort required on Sunday and energy conserved.

Barring Barisic, Kamara was MOTM tonight.

Well played Rangers.
Understand what you’re saying, but I saw that as a chance to improve on breaking them down, something that has been our biggest problem. Instead we sat back playing triangles in our own half, not particularly well either, our passing was sloppy, under paced and mostly behind the man, all night.
Goal difference is a consideration as well.
I‘m not a big fan of ‘just do enough, then foot off the gas’ It assumes that we can switch gears at the drop of a hat, which isn’t the case and ‘it’ll be all right on the night’, it seldom is.
Play as you mean to continue & develop good habits. This was a league match

Understand what you’re saying, but I saw that as a chance to improve on breaking them down, something that has been our biggest problem. Instead we sat back playing triangles in our own half, not particularly well either, our passing was sloppy, under paced and mostly behind the man, all night.
Goal difference is a consideration as well.
I‘m not a big fan of ‘just do enough, then foot off the gas’ It assumes that we can switch gears at the drop of a hat, which isn’t the case and ‘it’ll be all right on the night’, it seldom is.
Play as you mean to continue & develop good habits. This was a league match

I understand what you're saying too mate, but I think Gerrard was keen to get a few key players off after the game was won, with Sunday in mind.

He also saw it as an opportunity to get some game time into the legs of others.

The amount of subs last night will always cause disruption to the tempo of the game too.

I understand what you're saying too mate, but I think Gerrard was keen to get a few key players off after the game was won, with Sunday in mind.

He also saw it as an opportunity to get some game time into the legs of others.

The amount of subs last night will always cause disruption to the tempo of the game too.
I agree that this could be an exhausting season for the first choice 11 and sense in keeping something in reserve, but that’s not why fans, and apparently the manager, get fed up, getting some key players off the pitch and giving others game time makes perfect sense but that doesn’t mean the play has to become so negative. That last half hour was a wasted opportunity for Itten and Roofe, with all the play in our half between triangles between Davis Tav Goldson back to the keeper then out to Goldson, rinse repeat. Think that’s what SG was concerned about, we stopped going forward altogether

I agree that this could be an exhausting season for the first choice 11 and sense in keeping something in reserve, but that’s not why fans, and apparently the manager, get fed up, getting some key players off the pitch and giving others game time makes perfect sense but that doesn’t mean the play has to become so negative. That last half hour was a wasted opportunity for Itten and Roofe, with all the play in our half between triangles between Davis Tav Goldson back to the keeper then out to Goldson, rinse repeat. Think that’s what SG was concerned about, we stopped going forward altogether
Why did we do that then? Are the players just doing their own thing? Why does Stevie have to get concerned? Are we not listening to his orders?

Not trying to be negative, just want us going for the jugular whilst defending well for the whole game.

Back