MOTM Poll Rangers v St Johnstone - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
He is, he's a player who will take risks. He's also 21 years old, so is naturally going to be inconsistent at times.

Finds a great position for the 2nd goal, finds space in the middle, turns and gets out to Barisic bang goal.

Speaking of Hagi and Barasic, anyone who is sceptical of Hagi taking time to settle and show his skill... Just remember some people wanted Borna sold for buttons because he "had no heart".

Incredible the difference time and confidence can make.

This 5 sub thing is absolutely HUGE for us if you look back on the last seasons we tried to use the same few players.

These games are literally rolling passed like training games for our guys.

Livi away will be a bit different though..

3 points, convincing victory. I'll settle for that. I had barasic motm due to his brilliant free kick & assist for the 2nd goal. Kamara was impeccable though. He can be a real player for us if he maintains that kind of form

Another 3 points in the bag. Keep doing that and the scum will be under pressure for the first time in many years

I expect the same 11 again at the weekend unless McGregor is fit. Subs need to show a little more to get a starting slot.

Helander and Roofe have added a bit of fitness on the road back so that's good news too.

It's glaringly obvious we need a midfielder. Hopefully when SG gets the one he wants he can add a little bit of pace to our play in the middle.

didn't get to see the match but listened in on the RangersTV radio stream in the car. Really good result. Looking forward to seeing the goals. Still early in the season but it's great to see so many of the players getting a run out. We will only improve. Happy days.

Where's the desire yet again, wee Neil says the players should be battering the door down to get at them, very very poor, hagi

Hagi ? Seriously he was very poor and should have been hooked after 30 mins
Nope, not having that at all. Some superb touches in that second half, created all our good attacks. Hagi had a very good game.

He is, he's a player who will take risks. He's also 21 years old, so is naturally going to be inconsistent at times.

Finds a great position for the 2nd goal, finds space in the middle, turns and gets out to Barisic bang goal.

Very clever, makes great runs off the ball.

3 nil got to be happy with that. Borna and Kamara were the best players on the park. Once we get that first goal the nerves settle. Players look more relaxed with no fans

3 games, 3 wins, 7 goals and 0 conceded not a lot to be upset about with those stats. However with Kamara, Davis and Arfield in the midfield we seem to be trying to put teams to sleep with our square, backwards passing. There is a time and place for that style of play but its not against dross like St Johnstone.

Probably as poor a 3-0 win as you’ll ever see, don’t think their keeper had a save to make all game. Lucky to have the quality of Borna tonight to make the difference.

Didn’t think Arfield did much to try and force his way back in the starting XI except pass it back almost every time he got it. Roofe rusty but give him his due, thought Itten had a few tidy touches but sadly for him it looked like everyone else clocked out after 48mins.

I didnt like how Goldson & Tav were happy to just to pass the ball about the back like a friendly, we need a more ruthless streak in us.

Anyway, we’re on our way!
Ok , thanks for that :D

Probably as poor a 3-0 win as you’ll ever see, don’t think their keeper had a save to make all game. Lucky to have the quality of Borna tonight to make the difference.

Didn’t think Arfield did much to try and force his way back in the starting XI except pass it back almost every time he got it. Roofe rusty but give him his due, thought Itten had a few tidy touches but sadly for him it looked like everyone else clocked out after 48mins.

I didnt like how Goldson & Tav were happy to just to pass the ball about the back like a friendly, we need a more ruthless streak in us.

Anyway, we’re on our way!
I’ll take poor 3-0 wins all season. Away to your bed....

Had to laugh at KT continually calling The Filth " the team across the city"
Get 3pts on that abomination of a park on Sunday, and ill be happy.

Tav :))
You're funny. Your hatred for Tavernier is embarrassing.

He was hoofing everything over the bar and his passing wasn’t up to much, sorry if that upsets you. Just like Hagi had a poor game apart from one where he was unlucky to not score near the end.

I said everyone else had a good game and Barisic and Kamara were top notch, however if you want to just highlight the comment on Tav fire away.

People genuinely disappointed?

Same again in the next two games and we will be in a very very good position.

Kamara and Davis both looked sharp tonight. Keeper did what was needed. All in comfortable - keep this up and it will be interesting to see how they get on when chasing opposed to cruising 7pts ahead

Good safe result with the bonus of another clean sheet.
We are not even close to clicking and playing full tempo yet. That must be worrying for our opponents.
We are definitely moving in the right direction but need to work on all those wasted poor crosses and corner kicks.

Nowhere near up to speed yet but 3 clean sheets and top of the league. Whats not to like. As we get sharper we will create more and more chances and hopefully we now have the guys to take more of them. Happy Bear here.

Agreed

Davis and Arfield slow us down. Add Kamara beside them and it’s even worse

It's called game management mate.

They come on and play to instructions.

The game's won, slow things down and keep possession.

Both did exactly what was required.

Another big effort required on Sunday and energy conserved.

Barring Barisic, Kamara was MOTM tonight.

Well played Rangers.

Bit more confidence, relax and awareness of where his man is and he will be a great player. His little turn and shot at the end was class.

If you know that the ref will let a player "do" you then you're going to be spending more time thinking about the coming hit rather than playing your natural game. I love the wee man and think he has that bit of vision we have lacked for a good few years now. Heim and Kent have the beginning of a good understanding developing I'd say.

Jog on. He was shocking today. How many times did he mid control the ball and give away possession.

Absolute horseshit, No player on our team today was "shocking" or "horrifc".

Did Hagi play well? No not particularly. But he did have a big hand in the 2nd and killer goal. Had nice link up play with Kent which nearly resulted in a goal, hes 21 years old, hes going to be inconsistent.

So get yourself in the bin with your negative, sensationalist pish.

Great result.

We're in a very good place. Love it.

Voted for McLaughlin, a bit unfair on Barisic, but he kept out a certain goal. A brilliant save.

Keeps goals against at zero. Long may it continue.

Nope, not having that at all. Some superb touches in that second half, created all our good attacks. Hagi had a very good game.
You watched a different game to me. I really like Hagi but he was dire tonight.

Good pass for the goal. Good wee chance he made for himself at the end. I counted at last 4 or 5 times in first half where he lost control of the ball with an awful first touch and ceded possession.

He was hoofing everything over the bar and his passing wasn’t up to much, sorry if that upsets you. Just like Hagi had a poor game apart from one where he was unlucky to not score near the end.

I said everyone else had a good game and Barisic and Kamara were top notch, however if you want to just highlight the comment on Tav fire away.
Did you see ones Kamara and Barisic sent to the stands?

I guess not.

Well, here we are.

Three games in, three wins, no goals conceded, no yellow cards , no red cards and a feeling that we have got a lot more to offer. As somebody mentioned on another post, it feels like we haven’t got out of second gear yet. All of which bodes well.

I’ll need to start digging through stats but when was the last time we went three competitive games in Scotland without a card ? Maybe there’s some merit to this bcd after all.

Watching Barisic's free kick again, I genuinely don't know how he does it when he hits them like that.

I couldn't do that no matter how many times I tried

good result albeit a pretty uninteresting game to watch, . playng far too slow in my opinion, and i think when we up the tempo we cause more damage, and prevent teams from setting up defensively , too much sideway and backward slow movement for me giving team chances to get 11 behind the ball

Absolute horseshit, No player on our team today was "shocking" or "horrifc".

Did Hagi play well? No not particularly. But he did have a big hand in the 2nd and killer goal. Had nice link up play with Kent which nearly resulted in a goal, hes 21 years old, hes going to be inconsistent.

So get yourself in the bin with your negative, sensationalist pish.
Sorry. Can’t agree. Needs a rest. I really rate the wee man but in the competitive games so far this season his been miles off it and today was appalling.

No more to say on the point. He was rank and doesn’t deserve to start at the weekend. I’m done on this topic with you. You watched a different game to me, congrats.

Back