MOTM Poll Rangers v St Johnstone - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
We will be some team if we ever actually put our foot down and play with real tempo. We cruised that tonight but never really looked all that fluid. Had the feel of a game where if we had put the foot down we could have won by 6 or 7. Not quite sure why we lack a bit of tempo. Maybe it is the lack of a crowd urging us forward, maybe it is just early season fitness and still trying to gel, maybe it is a bit of both.

Can’t argue with 9 points out of 9. Sunday is a bigger game for me than I suspect many will consider it to be. I hate these plastic pitch games, whether it is at Livi or Killie or wherever. The pitch is such a leveller and if you don’t play with good tempo it isn’t hard to come unstuck.

You watched a different game to me. I really like Hagi but he was dire tonight.

Good pass for the goal. Good wee chance he made for himself at the end. I counted at last 4 or 5 times in first half where he lost control of the ball with an awful first touch and ceded possession.
Not just tonight, he's been poor since start of season and was dropped for a match

You watched a different game to me. I really like Hagi but he was dire tonight.

Good pass for the goal. Good wee chance he made for himself at the end. I counted at last 4 or 5 times in first half where he lost control of the ball with an awful first touch and ceded possession.

Dire.....lol
He didn’t have the best match, but some lovely touches and nearly a goal at the end. Not great but a million miles away from dire....

Not just tonight, he's been poor since start of season and was dropped for a match
Agreed. Not sure why the other guy can’t see it. I really like the wee man but he was shocking today and the thread I’ve just noticed about him specifically based on tonight kind of proves it.

Did you see everything else they contributed:))

everyone else played well, Tav and Hagi didn’t, get over it.
Hagi certainly didn't have his best game but it looks like he's trying too hard, I think he's desperate to do well. His time will come.

We at least have options now where we could give him a rest next game and bring in Itten or Roofe instead who have both played off the right as well

Job done! Three goals and another clean sheet. Let's keep it going!

Strange game though. I though we looked really sluggish up until the opener. We were too slow and guilty once more of trying to pass our way through the defence. The goal settled us a bit and the goals either side of half time killed the game as a contest. That was our best period tonight, either side of the break, when we moved the ball quicker and had players making runs in the box. I thought the four subs on the hour mark essentially reset the game and we returned to the way we had started being over ponderous in possession.

Although he looked well off the pace tonight i'm glad we still have Alfie, and I hope we keep him as long as possible. I think we saw tonight it's going to take a while for the new guys to settle in, and that signing someone doesnt translate automatically into instant goals. Its going to take a wee while for Itten and Roofe to learn our system and contribute.

All in all though a good night. Top of the league and five points clear of the mentally challengeds :D

Liked Tyldesley’s comment at the start , about fans better get used to interest as they are good players , bring it on :D

Are you mad, stating you are pleased with the result in this asylum !

Some posters don't realize that these type of matches last season resulted in a draw or worse.

We are garnering momentum and starting to gel.
These are games that win leagues
They win their games v teams like this normally.Covid fc can’t afford mistakes if Rangers keep this up

Great way to celebrate my anniversary tonight. A lot of shouldas tonight with both Morelos and Roofe missing good opportunities to make it more and Haji giving the ball away a few times etc but overall a well managed night with some game time for new players and a comfortable win. All round a pleasing night and hopefully no new injuries and on to Sunday to hopefully put in another professional and winning performance.

Kamara and Davis both looked sharp tonight. Keeper did what was needed. All in comfortable - keep this up and it will be interesting to see how they get on when chasing opposed to cruising 7pts ahead
I gave McLaughlan man of the match. Not too busy which doesn’t help a goalie except he made a good save and a fantastic save, took crosses well, distribution is great. Looks like a very capable keeper.

Tav played well, your hatred for him is stopping you seeing that.

I don’t hate anyone in a Rangers jersey( apart from Ian Black) . Just because you say a player played poorly doesn’t mean you hate them for fucks sake :))
Picking an argument over nothing when we just won 3-0 with most of the team playing well.

I voted for Borna.
Well, it had to be, didn't it !!

Kamara was very very good tonight. I think I saw him make one poor pass, which was possibly a mis-kick, but his link-up play and his cross-field passing was superb, with that one instance of when he shaped to go back and then just went forwards with the ball past his opponent.
He looks a lot more confident.

Honourable mention too for McLaughlin who is (as others have noted) very much in the McGregor mold of being able to pull off damned good saves out of nowhere.

And I also thought that Helander was really coming onto a game the more it progressed.

The ref was shite, but no cards dished out again.

Will be different once the real CFC supporters officiate at one of our games I imagine.

I don’t hate anyone in a Rangers jersey( apart from Ian Black) . Just because you say a player played poorly doesn’t mean you hate them for fucks sake :))
Picking an argument over nothing when we just won 3-0 with most of the team playing well.
I've followed your posts on Tavernier simply because I'm a big fan of Tavernier and think he will bring us 55.
You really do not like the guy.

Very good result st j never an easy side to play against, some nice passing building momentum credit to the manager doing a fine job... commentator very good too apart from one small error

Again though a clear example of just how bent refereeing it isnt really the other clubs we need to worry about its not getting anywhere near our fair share of important decisions in close games and the fact these tactics refs use to protect themselves from the press will result in our players getting hurt. It is nothing to do with a poor standard or bad luck.

Warburton and Pedro had us drawing or losing every second game, Gerrard then had us winning but not always convincingly.

Hopefully we can keep this up, winning by a few regardless of the performance. I'd much rather cruise to 55 rather than a helicopter Sunday.

Good win Rangers.

Hagi certainly didn't have his best game but it looks like he's trying too hard, I think he's desperate to do well. His time will come.

We at least have options now where we could give him a rest next game and bring in Itten or Roofe instead who have both played off the right as well

No it looks like he's too slow to play on the right of a 3.

It’s terrific having the post match analysis that extends beyond the commentary team. You can see they are all loving the experience.

Even if we don’t have Clive next season, I’m pretty certain there will still be an offering similar in structure to this for overseas Bears. The feedback they are getting, they must know that even if the subscription went up to 30, even 40 a month folk would still pay it.

What I learned from RTV tonight:

Emma Dodds>>>>>>>David Tanner
Shelley Kerr>>>>>>>Alex Rae

As far as the football goes? Well it was a game for the manager and not for the fans. At 60 mins we completely lost our shape. I can understand why but it is still frustrating. That game had 6-0 written all over it.

He's right to be unhappy. We need to send the message out to the rest of this League by regularly destroying and humiliating the opposition.

Fair do's , i think that will come , but i'll bet the gaffer will be happy if we go a winning run and keep having clean sheets , for now

Back