MOTM Poll Rangers v St Johnstone - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
No it looks like he's too slow to play on the right of a 3.
Hagi spent just as much time in the middle as he did out wide - it was his touch that deserted him tonight, not his lack of pace. Again he certainly wasn't great tonight, but he's not one I'm worried about

What I learned from RTV tonight:

Emma Dodds>>>>>>>David Tanner
Shelley Kerr>>>>>>>Alex Rae

As far as the football goes? Well it was a game for the manager and not for the fans. At 60 mins we completely lost our shape. I can understand why but it is still frustrating. That game had 6-0 written all over it.
Shelley was excellent. Was it a one off or is she part of the team?

It's fine sending on 4 subs at the same time, gives them some much needed match practice, but it'll never maintain the standard set during the game. The 5 sub rule introduced by the clueless SPFL is chronic tbh, another fuckup by those in charge of our game, a bunch of absolute zoomers who deserve a kick up the arse and replaced themselves.

We were clinical in front of goal. That needs to be kept up.
Have to confess to keeping an eye on the snooker during last 30 mins...

Great result. Barisic, Aribo and Kent all good.

Hagi struggled, but never hid, kept going at it. I like that in a player.

Ref must be one of the worst I’ve seen.
I think one thing that should be taken into consideration with Hagi, even when he’s playing well is that he’s trying to do the difficult things, defense opening passes, putting players through on goal, etc. Others get to play a lot of square passes, back passes, etc. So in that regard, he probably has one of the toughest roles in the team for many of our games. I mentioned at HT he wasn’t on it but as you correctly point out, he doesn’t hide, he keeps going .

Great result again.

We need to start going after the refs, no amount of money and signings can compete in a full season of corrupt refs.

Got to be happy. 3 goals and still yet to concede. Borna really is worth his weight in gold, Aribo showed up well again, we managed the game. Front 3 still a bit off it but showing signs of getting better. Subs couldn't do much with the team taking the foot off the gas. On to Sunday!

PS Can the RTV coverage stop randomly panning on coaches and keepers when the ball is in play - generally loving the standard but this was a bit annoying.

We were clinical in front of goal. That needs to be kept up.
Have to confess to keeping an eye on the snooker during last 30 mins...
I understand but it's a real commentary on the gear the team went into to watch the snooker (which to be honest I didn't even know still existed on TV until tonight).

Snooker to me has never been the same since Jocky Wilson! ;)

Obviously early (very) days but there seems to be a real focus on the title.No diversions regarding covid,transfers or any other teams (including theirs) situation.Just 3 points and move on.Let's go.

We played well between 1-0 and 3-0. I'm happy with that, I think Gerrard just wants the whole squad to be involved and as the season progresses this will bear fruit. Our new goalie looks solid, made a couple of good saves and looked safe. Barasic excellent.

Didn’t start well but really encouraging to come out for the second half and immediately end any thoughts of a comeback. Thought we played well overall, on to the next game

Hagi spent just as much time in the middle as he did out wide - it was his touch that deserted him tonight, not his lack of pace. Again he certainly wasn't great tonight, but he's not one I'm worried about

His touch deserted him against the sheep as well and our attacks were breaking down at him. I'd rest him as we have loads of options. It's not a bad thing to give a young player a wee kick in the arse. If he has anything about him he'll work like phuck in training to get back in.

I understand but it's a real commentary on the gear the team went into to watch the snooker (which to be honest I didn't even know still existed on TV until tonight).

Snooker to me has never been the same since Jocky Wilson! ;)
What you talking about? Jocky Wilson played bowls!

Well played Rangers, just a pity we didn’t get a couple more.

I thought the mid field lost its shape and threat when Ryan Jack was subbed.

His touch deserted him against the sheep as well and our attacks were breaking down at him. I'd rest him as we have loads of options. It's not a bad thing to give a young player a wee kick in the arse. If he has anything about him he'll work like phuck in training to get back in.
At best in the 3 league games I would say Hagi has been being generous average. I think he will be a sub on Sunday due to the physical nature of the game but he will need to improve or he will be warming the bench a lot this season in my humble opinion

To be able to have won the game with 30mins to go we need to give the team credit
4 subs is not ideal but you could see Roofe for 1 needs game time
So all round another professional performance
If we just add a wee bit more tempo at times we could really punish teams

Love reading match threads after we have won!

Very poor until we scored, almost worryingly poor. We can't start like that too often and get away with it.

Voted Kamara MOTM he was fantastic. Finding space, starting attacks but killing offensive breaks. He was absolutely everywhere.

One negative I would say is Tav just isn't doing it for me. Patterson must be on the cusp of a start.

Seen people not happy about Kent's first half performance but must say I thought he done very well. Picked it up in tight spaces, worked triangles and made openings.

Another good performance from Alfie.

Regarding the subs I thought Davis done very well when he came on, and I had been a bit critical of him so glad to see that performance. Itten looks very dangerous and should have had a penalty. Roofe looked a bit off the pace but good to see him get minutes.

35 more victories for the Volunteers to go.

I've followed your posts on Tavernier simply because I'm a big fan of Tavernier and think he will bring us 55.
You really do not like the guy.
Tav's best game of the season so far.
He has looked off it a bit since he came back from his Op in Jan.

I don't do any I wank dugs posts.

Well played Rangers, just a pity we didn’t get a couple more.

I thought the mid field lost its shape and threat when Ryan Jack was subbed.

We subbed half our outfield. Given iv never seen is do this in half a century I had no idea what would happen but loss of shape would have been a good guess

Brilliant again.

Barisic outstanding, closely followed by Hagi and Kamara

Roofe and Itten look the part too

Top of the league again

What did you see in Hagi mate?

I'm a big fan, but thought he was off it tonight. In games like St Johnstone at home though he absolutely must start.

As routine a win as you get. Thoroughly professional performance. Onto Livi and another big game, same again please Rangers.

It really should have been 5+ goals last night but we switched off after 3. Think that'll be a feature this season until fans get back in. I don't imagine the players would be playing it like a training match with 50,000 hounding them to get up the pitch and score more!

It really should have been 5+ goals last night but we switched off after 3. Think that'll be a feature this season until fans get back in. I don't imagine the players would be playing it like a training match with 50,000 hounding them to get up the pitch and score more!

There’s no winter break, we’re managing games out so we’re playing at 80% for the last half hour and getting minutes into some of our new starters, and so far, seem only to be doing that when we’re 3-0 up. I’d take that over early 5 and 6-0’s and burnout around mid February.

There’s no winter break, we’re managing games out so we’re playing at 80% for the last half hour and getting minutes into some of our new starters, and so far, seem only to be doing that when we’re 3-0 up. I’d take that over early 5 and 6-0’s and burnout around mid February.
I take your point, and agree that I don't want to see us burn out early next year, but I don't necessarily think looking for that forward pass more often in the last 40 minutes would've lead to that. We got lazy and sloppy in possession which actually lead to more running around than if we had stayed switched on. Given what he said post-match, Gerrard certainly thought we were worth 4 / 5 / more.

Total control from the off last night. They broke up the park twice and did well to make chances. The header in the second half first time anyone has out footballed us this season domestically.

3 goals, 3 goal scorers, assuming Baloguns injury nothing serious then i'd say it's a perfect night. Got some minutes into the legs of the new boys too.

Back