Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roofe

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Itten

• Kamara

• Total voters
Wasn't a great game, but if we score one of those three chances in the first half it's a different game and we win comfortably I think. Brilliant goal to win it.

Felt we were pretty poor last 25, not just gritty and workmanlike which is fine, but actually sloppy on the ball and some slightly lazy runs off the ball when a team mate was in possession. Miller noticed Culshaw pulling them up for it.

Games like this are good though. Win ugly, and get a reminder that standards can't be allowed to slip.

Just glad to get 3 points and move onto next game. Six wins from clinching 55 at the piggery but you just know they will drop points before then.

Thanks to technology and RTV’s decision to re-boot the system half way through the season I only managed to see some parts of the match in the second half. Both RTV and the match were in equal parts as poor as the other. Team didn’t fire together as usual. Mind you, with St Johnstone having two banks of five until well into the 2nd half before bringing on ’strong man’ Kane to knock shit out of Davis, their game plan was to sit in then attack at the end. Thankfully Hagi made a wonder goal. 3 points. That’s what it is all about to get us across the line.

I have two problems here.
Firstly, a Rangers player being called “pish” regardless of the popularity of the “idiom”.
Secondly, that somebody can have such an opinion after admitting not have seen much of him.
Does that not tell its own story?
I said that I hope I am wrong, indicating it was a premature opinion considering he is settling in, etc. I didn't say I hadn't seen much of him. I've seen every minute he's played for us.

Your issues with language are your own and not something I need to cater to. Replace 'pish' with 'poor' if it helps, but crude language exists.

I said that I hope I am wrong, indicating it was a premature opinion considering he is settling in, etc. I didn't say I hadn't seen much of him. I've seen every minute he's played for us.

Your issues with language are your own and not something I need to cater to. Replace 'pish' with 'poor' if it helps, but crude language exists.
Okay.
It shouldn’t when a Rangers fan is discussing a Rangers player and more so, a current Rangers player.

thoughts from my restricted view seat

mcGregor - excellent as always
Tav, Goldson, Helander - largely good
Barisic - not quite his best
Davis - strolled it
Jack - MOTM for me, never put a foot wrong
Aribo - wonderful until tiring later
Hagi - constantly worked hard and what a goal
Roofe - awful night
Kent - just not on it at all

Itten - did ok but not as much an impact as usually has
kamara - did ok

st johnstone did well but any threat they posed was largely due to errors/slackness from us rather than their play
on another day we pummel then with the chances missed in the first half especially

Just looking back on the game, there's no doubt that St J are a very well-drilled team -- it may not be particularly pretty but their manager has got them closing down and playing a disciplined game.

I went for Hagi as out MOTM, not only for the goal (a shot from outside the box !!) but for the fact that although a few things weren't coming off for him early on he still kept plugging away. It's a cliche I know, but he doesn't hide.
Mind, McGregor could easily have got the MOTM for his great saves.

Aribo also caught the eye, again. Some incredible dribbling and footwork from him. Much more effective for us when he's further forwards though, imo.

In that first half I was really worried about how unproductive our centre midfield looked. Yet again, Davis & Jack appeared too similar, with neither pushing up far enough.

I also didn't think that Goldson had a great game.
He's been an absolute stalwart for us, but there were times last night I thought he was uncertain, and showing too much of the ball to opponents.
However, no major errors so it's unfair to be too critical of the big man for not being perfect in one game !

The Roofe "stamp" ? Being completely honest, I didn't notice it at all in real time but the replay did look bad. Then again, the stills posted on here show that Bryson also studded his own player, which rather suggests that Davidson's leg was simply in the wrong place and that neither Rangers nor St J player saw it.
Well, that's my story anyway.

Have to say that I thought it a dismal game.
It did rather suggest that we may still need a top class striker in to score goals.
I was disappointed that after Hagi's shot and goal, we didn't seem to have any further pops from distance, through the ruck of players.

A poor performance by our standards, but we should be been three up at half time. I don’t understand teams like St Johnstone who, when they have enough self belief, can cause problems, but they are content to sit with ten men behind the ball and ruin the game.

As well as looking like you don't know what you're talking about, the fact that you are making judgement on a guy who has very few minutes in a Rangers shirt suggests that this might not be the right place for you.

Well put jase.

You dont want a ban for giving the proper reply.

Another victory, another three points, another clean sheet, another reason to be smiling, can’t ask for anything better than that

Not at our best last night but we had three real goal scoring opportunities in the first half. For me that's Kent @rsed up three real goal scoring chances this season. Easter Rd (1st game) Benfica and last night. He has to do better.

Roofe (possibly twice) and Goldson. I'm giving a central defender a free pass.

I realsise this will come across as churlish bordering on lunacy, especially with the goals against column, that even the Iron Curtain defence couldn't boast at this stage of the season.

But in 92/93, we were punished in Brugges and Marseilles for one lapse in concentration, one bad pass. You just have to accept it, we're playing against a different quality of team.

It seems (maybe just to me and my tiny mind) that one wee mistake this season domestically is being pounced upon.

Borna v Motherwell at Ibrox.
Aribo not tracking back at Dollywood
Being carved open down our right at Fir Park.

Helander fc_uks up last night and it is only the brilliance of McGregor stops us going behind.

And yes, I realise there will always be mistakes that lead to goals.

It just shows we have to be on the top of our game defensively at all times. The concentration levels have to be at the max, especially coming into this next, crucial phase of the season.

The goals against column is phenomenal. How wonderful will it be if we could keep it like that?

I remember the Liverpool side of 1978/79 conceded just 16 goals in the league that season.

I'll settle for conceding half of that!

Well a boy can dream. :)

As for last night, yes that wee bit of Hagic hit the spot.

On a different note, I realise there was some problems with RTV early doors last night.

Don't ask me how or why, but we stumbled on what must have been St Johnstone TV.

What a pleasure. The two commentators reported on the game as they saw it. They felt the Roofe incident was a red. Fair enough. I didn't, given what I've witnessed with the assaults on our players and incidents elsewhere.

But there was no histrionincs, no Walker and Crockerisms. They commented on it and got back on with the game and they come across as fair to me, although obviousy wanting their own team to win.

To be fair, even though I thought Rangers should have been out of sight by h/t, St Johnstone looked a pretty, well organised side.

Even if only for the two commentators on their TV station, I wish them well for the LC final.

Not at our best last night but we had three real goal scoring opportunities in the first half. For me that's Kent @rsed up three real goal scoring chances this season. Easter Rd (1st game) Benfica and last night. He has to do better.

Roofe (possibly twice) and Goldson. I'm giving a central defender a free pass.

I realsise this will come across as churlish bordering on lunacy, especially with the goals against column, that even the Iron Curtain defence couldn't boast at this stage of the season.

But in 92/93, we were punished in Brugges and Marseilles for one lapse in concentration, one bad pass. You just have to accept it, we're playing against a different quality of team.

It seems (maybe just to me and my tiny mind) that one wee mistake this season domestically is being pounced upon.

Borna v Motherwell at Ibrox.
Aribo not tracking back at Dollywood
Being carved open down our right at Fir Park.

Helander fc_uks up last night and it is only the brilliance of McGregor stops us going behind.

And yes, I realise there will always be mistakes that lead to goals.

It just shows we have to be on the top of our game defensively at all times. The concentration levels have to be at the max, especially coming into this next, crucial phase of the season.

The goals against column is phenomenal. How wonderful will it be if we could keep it like that?

I remember the Liverpool side of 1978/79 conceded just 16 goals in the league that season.

I'll settle for conceding half of that!

Well a boy can dream. :)

As for last night, yes that wee bit of Hagic hit the spot.

There has been some hagical moments from the wee man.

Back