Rangers V St Joseph Live on RangersTV.tv in the UK

I'm working but still going to buy this and hope can catch at least some of it,if not then hey ho.
cash still goes to the club.

They really need to update the website. When you go to buy it states clearly:

This one is ONLY available to people outside UK and ROI.
Don't buy this if you are intending to watch in UK/ROI - your location will be detected at the time of viewing and you will not be able to watch

Imagine a lot of people will bu put off buying just in case.

Purchased however the link said it was only for the US and Overseas. There is a small link on the site saying in red (UK) as well so l clicked that one. Sure both links would be ok?

I wonder if Rangers would explore the option of potentially selling all 4 (fingers crossed) qualifiers as a package from next season.

Maybe price it as £25 or so for all 4 games. I recognise there could of course be difficulties if we were to be knocked out in round 3 but it may be something worth looking at. They could sell it as "the entire European qualifying campaign" to keep themselves covered. Premier Sports for two months would cost around £20 anyway and if they could showcase the quality of RTV to a broader audience early in the season then it may see an increase in subscriptions.

But still excessively expensive. The Maribor and Osijek games were £5.99 and Ufa was £7.49
Agree with this, and can afford and will buy, but this is pricing some bears out. The Marseille match was an excessive price for a friendly and I feel this is overpriced too.
There is a balance to be had and I feel that RangersTV are pricing too high this season.

Agree with this, and can afford and will buy, but this is pricing some bears out. The Marseille match was an excessive price for a friendly and I feel this is overpriced too.
There is a balance to be had and I feel that RangersTV are pricing too high this season.

They're trying to get people to subscribe to the monthly price at £17. Six matches in July and you get all of them for that cost.

It's not a popular view but you're quite right. I'm happy for the people who always inevitable roll out the "Happy to pay every penny to the club" platitudes, and of course it's great to be funding the club. But I kind of feel I've already done my part by buying my season ticket, and having a basic RTV subscription (which by the way was good enough to give me access to all friendlies last summer,and the Oxford game previously). But I wasn't going to pay £12 to watch the Marseille friendly. I probably will end up buying tommorow night, as its a competitive game, but I do feel aggrieved at the cost.

When it comes to even bigger matches in the rounds to come, I expect they'll want more than £9.99.
I keep reading that "they want you to go onto the £17 a month subscription." I'm sure that plan makes sense for overseas bears, but it probably doesn't make sense for those who will attend most league games and just miss friendlies or midweek games. Most people probably already pay for Sky/BT Sport etc. Another £17 a month and your sporting TV bills are starting to get ridiculous.

If I could get and download a Rangers TV app for the phone and TV and know the stream was working every time then £10-£15 a month wouldn’t seem too steep, it’s the faff that gets annoying.
HDMI cable connects a HD stream straight to your TV ... Mirror from your phone also. We don't have the luxury or convenience of pressing a button on the remote but literally 30 seconds of your life to connect is all it will take

Purchased however the link said it was only for the US and Overseas. There is a small link on the site saying in red (UK) as well so l clicked that one. Sure both links would be ok?

I can't find the "small link on the site saying in red(UK)" I'm only getting the Overseas link.

HDMI cable connects a HD stream straight to your TV ... Mirror from your phone also. We don't have the luxury or convenience of pressing a button on the remote but literally 30 seconds of your life to connect is all it will take

Buy a Chromecast and it's just a click of a button on your browser to get it on your TV.

In this day and age though, you (we) expect the latest tech in all forms of life. I get what you're saying, but connecting an HDMI cable from laptop to TV feels so 12 years ago!

I can't find the "small link on the site saying in red(UK)" I'm only getting the Overseas link.

I typed to go onto the homepage (clicked the link that said the game was live on rangerstv) and then clicked rangerstv top left hand corner.

I am sure it is then at the bottom right hand side, tiny wee square box and in red saying available in UK and ROI.

Hope that helps mate.

For the empty heads of us, what VPN should I use again? I was using express VPN until the end of the season but it was costing £10/month.

Looks like RTV has had a permanent price increase.

Should really be discounted if you're already a subscriber

Buy a Chromecast and it's just a click of a button on your browser to get it on your TV.

Is this new? I have chromecast but the casting symbol never shows when I am on Rangers TV.

If I want to watch on the TV I'll just use my Xbox browser and plays perfectly through there

Is this new? I have chromecast but the casting symbol never shows when I am on Rangers TV.

If I want to watch on the TV I'll just use my Xbox browser and plays perfectly through there

I use chromecast as well. Use it with Chrome and it should appear at top of your browser...open up the rtv link, play it, then click the option to stream it on the browser top right like I mentioned.

Always works fine for me and I never use it with the stream button on the video player as that normally seems not to work.

Sorry if already covered. On holiday just now but the place I’m staying has a smart tv. Can I subscribe and watch on this?

But still excessively expensive. The Maribor and Osijek games were £5.99 and Ufa was £7.49

It's £17 to watch it in person

A tenner is very reasonable. Get 3 mates round and go £2.50 each.

£10 to watch a Rangers game live is not excessively expensive by any stretch.

Good news for me as I can't make it to the game.

Moaning that its 4 quid dearer than last season is laughable.

It's £17 to watch it in person

A tenner is very reasonable. Get 3 mates round and go £2.50 each.

£10 to watch a Rangers game live is not excessively expensive by any stretch.

Living in exile in Yorkshire, that's going to be difficult.

I perfectly understand some of the replies here though, a 'holier than thou' sentiment always comes out on this forum when it comes to putting money into the club's coffers. We clearly have a lot of a) wealthy people or b) people who don't have other things in life to worry about paying for.

For someone to come out and dismiss concerns about the costs as "laughable" is, I think, a disgrace.

I absolutely get this, and I’ve tried to get a Rangers feed working through plex before as well, but compare and contrast that to the ATP Tennis TV app, which reduces complications and works for a consistent UX across platforms on a similar offer to RangersTV. Less complicated = more subscribers = more money to the club long term.

You need to use Chrome browser then you have the option to cast the tab, it now optimizes for video casting if you have the most recent version of Chrome.

Cant fault it.

I bought a chromecast last week so i dont need to even plug my laptop in any more. Bring up game on laptop, hit one icon to cast and it's on my big TV in HD :)

Can’t help but think the club are taking advantage a bit on the rise of RTV users.

That’s a lot of money per game.

It’s also a considerable jump from last season.

All for increased revenue, but at a game per week, £40 a month is a lot of money. (Appreciating you can buy a monthly package at a discounted rate).

One of the RTV guys was asking on Twitter a few weeks ago about whether folk would be interested in an app, and since then has posted hinting at a big revamp of the RTV site and lots of new features.
Which guy? I thought I followed them all but I haven't seen this

I understand the club looking to cash in on these games, but you can't feel that the current prices are driving fans towards 'free' streams, be it on Facebook, Youtube or hesgoals etc.
I know the money doesn't go to the club, but fans under financial restrictions won't feel able to pay £12.99 for a friendly v Marseilles or £9.99 for a cup game v St Joseph's where we are already through.

Hopefully RTV listen to the feedback from fans and start to price more realistically.

Which guy? I thought I followed them all but I haven't seen this
I'm going to say Robert Boyle, I'm 90% certain it was him.

It was in replies to tweets iirc, not something he had tweeted directly. The app question was weeks ago, and then there was a comment about something happening soon re layout that would look good on an Ipad, and other comments. Think one was comments about youth player interviews.

I'm going to say Robert Boyle, I'm 90% certain it was him.

It was in replies to tweets iirc, not something he had tweeted directly. The app question was weeks ago, and then there was a comment about something happening soon re layout that would look good on an Ipad, and other comments. Think one was comments about youth player interviews.
Cheers, will go take a look just now.

For the empty heads of us, what VPN should I use again? I was using express VPN until the end of the season but it was costing £10/month.

That's because buying it every month is the wrong way to do it. Take a lengthy subscription - say 2 or 3 years and the price will drop to circa £3 per month, if not less.

Living in exile in Yorkshire, that's going to be difficult.

I perfectly understand some of the replies here though, a 'holier than thou' sentiment always comes out on this forum when it comes to putting money into the club's coffers. We clearly have a lot of a) wealthy people or b) people who don't have other things in life to worry about paying for.

For someone to come out and dismiss concerns about the costs as "laughable" is, I think, a disgrace.

Mate, you described the £9.99 as excessively expensive.

I disagree. That's all.

Back