Match Thread Rangers v St Joseph's - 19:45 Thursday - RangersTV.tv

I thought we were pretty fucking excellent tonight.

Positives:
Alfie was brilliant, Andy H and the Doc were outstanding, Joe Starmix barely broke sweat and Stewart is looking like a gem. Very intelligent and sees deep runs when he has to be patient, very impressed. I really like big ed. The viking will have a job ousting him. Everyone was brilliant

Most important was the gaffer and the management teams improvements. We look like a completely different prospect this year, and I can't imagine it slowing down.

Concern:
Polsters first touch isn't great. He is very applied and willing, but doesn't have tav quality. To be fair, nobody in Scotland has tavs quality, that's why he's our captain. But its 1 injury from a gap in the squad. Also, we haven't been challenged yet, so don't want to speak too soon.

Overall I'm looking forward to a positive season. Want to ram it down those tim fucks throats this year, but decorum will prevail. Mon the 55.

Let's go!

Strange game that. The first half seemed incredibly flat, both our play and the atmosphere. I suppose killing the tie in the 2nd minute might have had something to do with it.

The second half was much better yet still there were a mix of some sublime passages of play mixed with some wild shooting and misplaced passes.

Still you can’t complain about a six nil victory, and it was the first full game for a number of players. I’ll take a 10-0 aggregate win any day of the week and look forward to another go at Progres.

Alfie, Docherty and particularly Halliday were the stand outs for me and I wouldn’t argue the first or last being MOTM

Kamara kinda lost the ball in the 2nd half,run like the wind,chased the guy down,and won it back,YeeHa!!!

He made some small errors in first half. But I had a good view of that part you mention and I thought "he is fighting to keep his jersey"... which is what we want. Grit and determination and competition

Great result. Better 2nd half. 6-0. Not bad for a second string. It could be seen in the first half we weren’t as fluid as in the friendlies but the team began to motor later on and made the most of the occasion. The sixth goal was an outstanding piece of football and shows what they’ve been practising pre-season. To think that some 8 or 9 first team members were missing shows the depth of strength the squad now has and this what SG has brought to us.

I've been awake since 03:50, travelled about 500 miles and my son and I are still buzzing!

We loved every minute of that, I'm definitely jumping on a flight and doing that again this European campaign!

RAFBob; jumping on a flight? Hope you are not using a C16 to bring yourself & a
squadron on the public purse Bob; dont know if you I prefer men get clearance @ Glasgow
International though.:));)

RAFBob; jumping on a flight? Hope you are not using a C16 to bring yourself & a
squadron on the public purse Bob; dont know if you I prefer men get clearance @ Glasgow
International though.:));)

All of the C17s that work are being used for some air tattoo this weekend - I was raging! :D

They usually land at Prestwick, but they gave me the cold shoulder. ;)

Concern:
Polsters first touch isn't great. He is very applied and willing, but doesn't have tav quality. To be fair, nobody in Scotland has tavs quality, that's why he's our captain. But its 1 injury from a gap in the squad. Also, we haven't been challenged yet, so don't want to speak too soon.
!

his first start in a proper game so i'll give him time
especially as he grew into the game
wouldn't say its a gap - a drop in quality certainly - but not as far as dropping to a Hodson for example

Who played the ball to Kamara for the 1st goal, was is Doc or Stewart? was just thinking if it was Doc that was a hat trick of assists.

I thought we were pretty fucking excellent tonight.

Positives:
Alfie was brilliant, Andy H and the Doc were outstanding, Joe Starmix barely broke sweat and Stewart is looking like a gem. Very intelligent and sees deep runs when he has to be patient, very impressed. I really like big ed. The viking will have a job ousting him. Everyone was brilliant

Most important was the gaffer and the management teams improvements. We look like a completely different prospect this year, and I can't imagine it slowing down.

Concern:

Overall I'm looking forward to a positive season. Want to ram it down those tim fucks throats this year, but decorum will prevail. Mon the 55.

Let's go!

I disagree on Polster. Thought he had a tentative start but came onto a very good second half performance. Comparing anyone to Tav is always going to see the new guy viewed in a negative light - there are very, very few full-backs out there that can bring us what Tav does. Polster did fairly well IMHO.

I've said this before but is there anything better than Ibrox belting out a rendition of build my gallows on a European night?

I disagree on Polster. Thought he had a tentative start but came onto a very good second half performance. Comparing anyone to Tav is always going to see the new guy viewed in a negative light - there are very, very few full-backs out there that can bring us what Tav does. Polster did fairly well IMHO.

I get your points around Tav, and I absolutely agree Polster did grow into the game. He had some good crosses, and I am not slating the guy in the slightest.

For me, his first touch wasn't great, and the blood and thunder SPL might not allow for that. The full back position is going to be huge for us this year. I would have for there to be a chance of weakness. I really hope he proves me wrong.

Still can't get over the excitement for this year. We look amazing going forward and strong/secure in the midfield.

Back