Match Thread Rangers v St Joseph's - 19:45 Thursday - RangersTV.tv

I thought Kamara was a bit off his game tonight. Looking forward to seeing Docherty & Davis playing together.

I don't care that it's funny Killie are going out, that should embarrass everyone involved in Scottish football at every level (except us), beyond pathetic.

And sadly neither do I BUT, it brings us back to reality and the prospect of having the s--- kicked out of us on opening day by those who ply their trade in an 'agricultural' area of our otherwise beautiful country and who, after their sad ( :)) ) European elimination, will be seeking revenge upon humanity and their most immediately accessible target = GRFC !

Last edited:
I thought Kamara was outstanding
Never wasted a pass
Sat deeper in the Davis role so not forward quite as much

Eh, he did and got verbals from his team mates - defensively he was great, always available and looking for the ball. He just made a few uncharacteristic mistakes - early doors so no big deal.

I'm chomping at the bit for the real season to start. Gerrard and his staff appear to have put together, despite the still limited budget available to them, a really impressive squad that has both depth and quality about it.

Looking ahead to the upcoming OF clashes, it has been quite a while since I haven't viewed these contests with real apprehension, now I strongly fancy our chances of taking it to them - both home and away!!

I thought Kamara was a bit off his game tonight. Looking forward to seeing Docherty & Davis playing together.

Agree that kamara was a bit sloppy tonight and docherty had a good game. But I can’t see him playing regularly mate tbh.

Great result and expected against a team of this quality,good to see morelos on a high

Not liking the fact we’re second behind Malmo in the Europa League goal charts. Obviously need to pull our finger out and try harder!

On a serious note though, the way that the defence is organised and the high levels of pressing and moving in packs the team is doing off the ball is amazing

Professional and promising that they kept looking for more.

Premature but I'm not sure if Polster really fitted in with the kind of football we've been playing. Hopefully he can adapt. Really want the guy to do well.

I'm raging with Defoe.

I had Aribo first goal and rangers 5-0.

That said it feels strange to sit at Ibrox 5-0 up with 5 minutes to play and feeling like you're about to lose a bet because we'll very likely score again.

That's how good they're playing right now.

Loved how relentless we were, we need to get into that habit as there will be games this season where we need to be chasing a goal in the last 10 mins etc.

That was pretty good.

In the cold light of day the question will be who didn’t look the part.

One game and I accept anyone can have a bad day, and I don’t want to give anyone a hard time but that was a good night if you’re Competing for a spot behind Polster or Hastie.

The other 12 looked pretty good which is a really good
I thought Kamara was outstanding
Never wasted a pass
Sat deeper in the Davis role so not forward quite as much

He needed a game.

He’s the one me who hasn’t looked good this preseason

Tonight was better

Agree that kamara was a bit sloppy tonight and docherty had a good game. But I can’t see him playing regularly mate tbh.

Docherty has the ability to take the ball and run and defences plus he has the pace to get back and help out in defence. I think he will push Ryan Jack for a starting place this season.

I'm raging with Defoe.

I had Aribo first goal and rangers 5-0.

That said it feels strange to sit at Ibrox 5-0 up with 5 minutes to play and feeling like you're about to lose a bet because we'll very likely score again.

That's how good they're playing right now.
Had the same feeling when I put on a correct score v killie in the cup game last season,Alfie scored near the end that screwed me for £85,was being selfish and thinking of the beer tokens after the game :)

At least three and probably four of the back five won’t be in our strongest team.
It’s possible that only one midfielder and one striker also.
Not definitive here just emphasising the strength we have.

Well done Rangers for a professional result with good football.

As for Killie would have been pleased if Clarke had still been manager but otherwise could not care less as long as we beat them.

I don't care that it's funny Killie are going out, that should embarrass everyone involved in Scottish football at every level (except us), beyond pathetic.

It’s embarrassing in the extreme, especially for a Scot living in Wales :mad: Killie, the 3rd best team in Scotland last season, getting pumped at home by a diddy Welsh team. Both embarrassing and damaging in terms of coefficients I presume. However, we won 10-0 on aggregate with an impressive performance so I can live with it :))

Rangers were absolutely excellent - Rangers T was absolute sh--- !

Especially in the second half where pictures kept cutting out every 3 - 4 seconds !!

Last edited:
Really enjoyed that tonight and it was great to be back at Ibrox for the new season.

Game had a bit of a training ground feel in the first half but we came roaring out in the second half and battered them all over the place.

I personally thought Greg Docherty was outstanding tonight too.

Well done Rangers!

Good solid team performance and relentless in pursuit of goals right up to the final whistle.
Job done and well pleased to see Alfie bag a hat trick.

Only saw bits so my summary;

Polster looks comfortable as does Halliday at left back; we need to be sure if they’re understudies that they have minutes so tonight was good, same for fod.

Goldson steady, edmundson I’m impressed with.

Docherty looks like he’s got a better passing range now, I’d have liked to get 90 but appreciate that Aribo is settling in and needed it more at our home.

Aribo, just looks a player that can step up and up and up

Stewart lots of nice touches and a football brain

I didn’t really see Hastie

Alfie - live him and Defoe, I’d be happy if we kept them both for season

McPake - the little I’ve seen he has a swagger, that turn the other week (Marseille or oxford?) he looks a player and minutes and confidence will hopefully show that

Best of all, for me was shagger, katic, tav, barasic, Davis, helander, Jack, ojo nowhere ... Candeias and Flanagan too - we have the strongest squad we’ve had for a long time

The Scottish media will be all over us for running up the score tonight. Gives them an excuse to be nasty to us. I hesitate to add that the SAS also scored with no reply in Gibraltar.

"whitbybear"; Was fuckin' glorious bro', ah wiz saying that last week, what looked
like the actual petrol station behind our lads stand. Was it not 3-0 if I can recall
correctly, its what happens when you try too stand against our real boys; in an area
outwith your jobtitle/rank. Pity it wiznae a coachload o' the bastards, fuckin bunch
o' shitebags. That reminds me, ahv got a Mint Areo in the fridge.:));)

my thoughts on tonight.

Fod - one save to make and did it well, good distribution

Polster - the odd lapse but a decent performance, strong and athletic...good back up for Tav
Goldson - daft pushing the guy at the end but a good performance
Edmundson - strong as steel, will do well
Halliday - played well, great block on the line

Kamara - usual quietly effective performance
Docherty - v impressive, a few slow passes apart he was excellent
Aribo - boy is a player, could be a massive signing

Stewart - did well, growing into the game
Morelos - wee man wasa just his usual self, great
Hastie - just wasn't happening for him but he found space, had good pace and worked hard

subs:
Arfield - usual drive and industry from him
Defoe - just knows how to score goals, simple as
McPake - raw but shows great belief in himself and talent

Gerrard - picked almost a second XI and it paid off - professional and clinical

It’s embarrassing in the extreme, especially for a Scot living in Wales :mad: Killie, the 3rd best team in Scotland last season, getting pumped at home by a diddy Welsh team. Both embarrassing and damaging in terms of coefficients I presume. However, we won 10-0 on aggregate with an impressive performance so I can live with it :))
Agree that it is embarrassing for our league but let's be honest - Steve Clarke's management was what made them the third best team in Scotland last year. Their players are average and would expect them to be lower this year.

Not many teams in football could come even close to our attendance tonight in a tie that was no more than a training routine.
Players that came in can all hold their heads high and you can just feel the difference with our application from that farce in Progres.
More of the same please next week.

Kamara kinda lost the ball in the 2nd half,run like the wind,chased the guy down,and won it back,YeeHa!!!

Back