MOTM Poll Rangers v St Liege - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
A great win without playing well for half the match.
Our defence needs to waken up.
Next stop Ross County and a win.
Well done Gers, into the last 32.
Congrats to Shagger for the record.

I gave MOTM to Arfield.

I have him out for that interview at the end, I know I'm not supposed to. That interview had me beaming from ear to ear.

I'd like to thank the posters who held it together in the first half and kept my spirits up when the rest were giving me problems with an ulcer, which I dont even have.

Unfortunately you good people seem to be in a minority when the going gets tough.

Watched tonight's game on CBS all access here in the US. One thing that niggled me was when the hosts mentioned that our usually solid defence had been breached 5 times by the in form team of the group (Benfica). No mention of the fact that we'd put 5 past them in reply and in reality it should have been at least 2-3 more.

Watched tonight's game on CBS all access here in the US. One thing that niggled me was when the hosts mentioned that our usually solid defence had been breached 5 times by the in form team of the group (Benfica). No mention of the fact that we'd put 5 past them in reply and in reality it should have been at least 2-3 more.
Heard that. He was pretty critical all around.

lol
t9qX9Ac.jpg

Great to hear SG say after the game he learned his lesson regarding subs , it was a real team effort last night and a great result against a really good team.

Great result, after a few early scares.

I was a wee bit worried at the space we were giving their wide men in the first half, but that was improved in the second half.

Well done the Gers, onwards and upwards.

Agreed. I was going nuts at Rae/Craigan 20 mins in. At 1-0 talking like it was 1 going on 12. Rae said something about being lucky not to be 2 down when it was 1-0, or words to that effect. Late in the first half they had had 1 shot on target (the goal) and one off. Hardly battering the doors down.

That said, we were below our best. Just not as bad as BT commentators made out, nor Liege that good.

Agreed. I was going nuts at Rae/Craigan 20 mins in. At 1-0 talking like it was 1 going on 12. Rae said something about being lucky not to be 2 down when it was 1-0, or words to that effect. Late in the first half they had had 1 shot on target (the goal) and one off. Hardly battering the doors down.

That said, we were below our best. Just not as bad as BT commentators made out, nor Liege that good.
What got on my goat,was the constant,Tav should have done better,Goldson should have done better,at both goals, ffs they are human,and if Rangers had scored they goals i would have been over the moon. 2 excellent finishes.

I watched the game on a live feed with the commentator using a language completely unknown to me but he still spoke more sense than the BT numpties

Comment was in frustration as he had an absolutely awful first half. Gave the ball away repeatedly, chased shadows and didn't get anywhere near hitting the target with 2 clear cut chances.

Comment was in frustration as he had an absolutely awful first half. Gave the ball away repeatedly, chased shadows and didn't get anywhere near hitting the target with 2 clear cut chances.
Clear cut is pushing it, 1 was a shot from the edge of the box which he should have hit the target with and the other was coming across him from right to left and he has tried to take it first time on his right foot and he hasnt made the right connection, very difficult technique.

He created 2 chances in the first half with moments of real quality. If he was to be consistent with his end product and had a bit more pace he would be playing for a top team in a top league. Nonetheless we are very lucky to have him.

Understand you were frustrated which happens but just felt he’s been brilliant all season with 7 goals and 5 assists he’s hardly a Falkirk player.

Back