MOTM Poll Rangers v St Liege - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
SoRWSds.png

I would be delighted with a narrow win. If we get out the group unbeaten I would be happy enough. I think both Standard Liege and Lech Poznan are well drilled teams.

I expect a tough game tomorrow night and an even tougher game against the Poles who are physical unit, our first win against them was a key game for me.

Gerrard to stick with the 11 that started against Benfica, but keen to see Zungu up against a higher quality side than what we face in SPL

We are a side of genuine european pedigree with a superb home record. Liege have everything to be afraid of tomorrow night, if we play as we have been doing, i can see nothing other than a home win.

Was impressed by these over in Belgium. 0-2 was an absolutely outstanding result.

We will need to be bang at it tomorrow to get anything from the game.
Think you over estimate them.

They are decent and no more.

5th in the Jupiler league currently and finished 5th last season.

We should win by at least a couple if we play anything close to our best.

2 nil I reckon.

A sign of the amazing progress we have made in Europe that we are all so certain we will beat a good Belgian team.

Liege can only qualify by winning both their remaining games, so I expect them to go for it. Might suit us as we enjoy hitting on the break.

The one score it won't be is 0-0 (famous last words).

I’ll be happy with a win. A nice easy win. No injuries or red cards for us. Main focus is Sunday. All else is a bonus right now.

Free hit Thursday, my favourite days of the season because deep down a victory feels way better than a defeat hurts. I'm going a comfortable 3-0.

Have we been on BT Ultimate yet? Thought this game was a certainty to be but its Arsenal again.

I think a lot of us are confident for this one because we got such a good result in Belgium. If we play like we did that night before the rain spoiled it then I’d fancy us to win again. They were decent that night though and missed an absolute sitter to equalise just before Roofe went on a run. Won’t be easy but the chance to win at Ibrox and qualify with a game to spare is a terrific position to be in. Come on Rangers!

All I ask is the team apply themselves as they have been up to this point in the group. Do this and the result we crave will follow I'm sure.

Winning the group as 3rd seeds is important to me, another marker of our progression. I expect to win by a couple.

Can see an end to end game. Standard are a very good team. Ideally a win but I'd take a draw right now to ensure qualification

Any kind of win and I’ll be happy to be honest.

We’ve had an excellent start to the season. A win tomorrow keeps that momentum. Europe isn’t the primary focus, but it is important to the ability to win the league in years ahead with the money and prestige it brings.

Just win tomorrow Rangers. No injuries. No suspensions.

And win.

If I could be greedy, clean sheet would be nice.

I think a lot of us are confident for this one because we got such a good result in Belgium. If we play like we did that night before the rain spoiled it then I’d fancy us to win again. They were decent that night though and missed an absolute sitter to equalise just before Roofe went on a run. Won’t be easy but the chance to win at Ibrox and qualify with a game to spare is a terrific position to be in. Come on Rangers!

They also missed a couple of great chances when it was 0-0. They're a good side and I don't think there's much between the teams.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a draw. Hopefully Benfica get at least a point.

While we're waiting, I've a rules question. If a keeper saves a shot, but is about to fall backwards over the line to give away a corner, is it legal for a team mate to grab him and pull him back? I assume that touching the ball even if it's in your keepers hands is a foul, but not a foul if you touch the keeper while he's holding the ball?

• Haha
Reactions: fmp
While we're waiting, I've a rules question. If a keeper saves a shot, but is about to fall backwards over the line to give away a corner, is it legal for a team mate to grab him and pull him back? I assume that touching the ball even if it's in your keepers hands is a foul, but not a foul if you touch the keeper while he's holding the ball?
Where in the name did that come from lol?

I'd imagine it would be allowed.

Anyone gearing up to watch the fun warm up, 2 hours before our game, Comedy Gold Kicks off 17.55 on BT Sports 3?

Great thing is AC Milan haven't qualified yet. Sincerest apologises for mentioning the mhanks on a Rangers Match Thread. But a good warm up comic act cheers everyone up as an appetizer and gets you in the mood for the main course.

Was talk last week of us qualifying with one more point but i cant make the maths work on that, a draw tonight and a Poznan victory would mean its still up in the air i think?
A win and a Poznan victory means we win the group (deservedly)

Good performance and no injuries before a Tricky Trip on Sunday will do nicely. Gonna be close methinks. Going 2-1 the Sons of William.
C'mon the RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Back