Katic
Borna

Davis
Mccrorie
Arfield

Candieas
Morelos
Kent

Maybe harsh on jack but don't feel we need him and McCrorie against St Mirren at home and seen as he played 90 on Wednesday id give him a rest for this one, nothing against him as I'm his biggest fan just think we'd be better off with Davis in to try open up what will be 11 behind the ball for 90 mins.

3-0 Rangers

McGregor,
Tav, Worrall*, Katic, Barisic,
Davis,
Jack, Arfield,
Kent,
Defoe, Morelos.

*assuming Goldson won't make it.

Rest McCrorie and Candeias for the sheep next midweek.

McGregor,
Tav, Worrall*, Katic, Barisic,
Davis,
Jack, Arfield,
Kent,
Defoe, Morelos.

*assuming Goldson won't make it.

Rest McCrorie and Candeias for the sheep next midweek.

Yeah, I think we will try the 4-4-2 diamond in this one as well and give Defoe his first competitive start at Ibrox. I'm far from convinced by it so far but its clearly what Gerrard had in mind with the signings. Alternative options are always a good thing and this is the game to try (not Killie away, first game back after the break). I'd probably swap Davis and Jack positionally though, but it shouldn't have any great impact whatever way they set up.

Much as we all know McCrorie is going to be a star for us, Gerrard has already shown he will nurse him along gently. McCrorie will be vital in Sheepsville midweek - as will Candeias, albeit to a lesser extent.

Last edited:
We've got a couple of Geordie lads up for the game tomorrow, so early meet up in the Grapes and then lunch in La Fiorentina before the game.

We'll then entertain them in the Grapes after the game, as we celebrate a comfortable victory with a clean sheet.

Still can't decide if we'll go with the same side as Livi, or Davis comes in for one of the DMs to help pick the locks in a side that will defend deep in numbers.

I'll be happy enough with whichever the gaffer decides.

Get the job done Gers.

I would dearly love to see a partnership evolve with Alfie and a n other over the remainder of the season.

A Prso Novo sort of mentoring.

It would be incredible if he and Jermain just clicked to give us an option to go 2 up front against teams - later in the game, when we have worn down and exhausted them and hammered their goal for the bulk of the game.

That little scenario could be the difference between winning and winning comfortably. A ruthless goal fest every week by our incredible strike force lol.

Mentality is key, get that right and 55 is feasible.

Put them ALL to the sword Rangers.

St Mittens January transfer activity:

Greg Tansey (Aberdeen)
Mihai Popescu (Dinamo Bucharest, loan)
Vaclav Hladky (Slovan Liberec)
Brad Lyons (Blackburn Rovers, loan)
Kyle McAllister (Derby County, loan)
Jordan Holmes (Bournemouth, loan)
Anders Dreyer (Brighton & Hove Albion, loan)
Mateo Muzek (Shakhter Karagandy)
Duckens Nazon (St Truiden, loan)
Laurentiu Corbu (Dinamo Bucharest, loan).

Some amount of churn. Hopefully it unsettles them. ;)

Same team as Sunday!

Get the job done early then get some key players off early for a wee rest ahead of Wednesday.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

First game at home for ages, get the ground jumping with a first class performance and a few goals.

St Mirren are no pushovers, we have to hit them running and score early to destroy their game plan.

Hard fought victory will do for me.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Greg Tansey (Aberdeen)

They have brought in seven loan players?

McGregor
Tav Worral Katic Barisic
Davis McCrorie Arfield
Candeias Morelos Kent
Just win please rangers.

.......but if I can be a little greedy, please make it comfortable by HT so that we can think about making some early subs to get much needed game time to players who’ve not played so much.

Same team and formation as last Sunday please.

High tempo, high pressing, a few goals and a big confidence boost for Aberdeen is what I'm hoping for.

Greegsy

Tav
Worralll
Katic
Barisic

mccrorie
Arfield
Davis
Kent

Morelos
Defoe

442 Diamond.

Greegsy

Tav
Worralll
Katic
Barisic

mccrorie
Arfield
Davis
Kent

Morelos
Defoe

442 Diamond.

Yep! Not the team I would have played personally but should be enough to beat St Mirren and gives Davis and Defoe some much needed minutes.

Yep! Not the team I would have played personally but should be enough to beat St Mirren and gives Davis and Defoe some much needed minutes.

I wouldn’t play it either tbh but think that’s what we will see.
Jack out is probably the biggest shock but I think it’ll be one of he and Davis for most of the season, we shouldn’t need Jack and McCrorie v St Midden

SG did mention in today's press conference that when people miss out, it's not necessarily to do with a poor performance in the previous game.

I guess that's in reference to Candeias and Jack if the above team is correct.

We're on 45 points with 45 still to play for which means we can end with 90 points max.

Ceptics final points tally last season was 82. They've been far worse so far which suggests they might struggle to match 82 this season.

This obviously means 55 is ours if we really want it.

3 nil the morra.

McGregor

Tav
Worrall
Katic
Borna

Davis
Mccrorie
Arfield

Candieas
Morelos
Kent

Maybe harsh on jack but don't feel we need him and McCrorie against St Mirren at home and seen as he played 90 on Wednesday id give him a rest for this one, nothing against him as I'm his biggest fan just think we'd be better off with Davis in to try open up what will be 11 behind the ball for 90 mins.

3-0 Rangers

If we are to cut into the goal difference ‘thing’ then these are the games we need to do it!

4-0.
Correction Worrall’s playing…… 4-1.

I really don't see the point in this diamond formation, I really don't. If he wants to put on 2 strikers why not just play a traditional 4 4 2 at home? We desperately need width in the side and the diamond at Kilmarnock showed that we never had any.

If this is the side then it's not what I wanted, but clearly Gerrard thinks Ibrox v St Mirren is a perfect opportunity to persevere with the diamond, whilst getting Davis and Defoe closer to peak sharpness.

There's certainly plenty goals in that team if we score 1st and early.

I think Jack and Candeias will start on Wednesday, as Jack gives more protection and Candeias works his arse off and is a big part of our quick counter attack play.

Greg Tansey (Aberdeen)

Christ, they've brought in a whole new team. Says a lot about the shite they had before.

Big day for Defoe on his competitive Ibrox debut.

Depending on if he partners Alfredo upfront or comes on as an impact player today’s performance may well go a long way in determining how he will be viewed as a Rangers player.

I think that's the likely team. Width from Tav & Borna, best chance we'll have to try this style and see how it plays out.

Yes it is. Too late now, and hindsight is a wonderful thing, but there were many of us saying before the Killie game that down there on plastic was not the right venue to roll this formation out for the first time in a competitive game.

Looking forward to this. Defoe will learn today what its like to play in front of 50,000 demanding but appreciative bears.

He's been quiet so far, today will be an opportunity for him to really perform.

The fans will be there to inspire him and bring out the best in him. Step forward Jermain Defoe. :))

Will be feeezing. Wrap up well Bears. Can’t wait to get to Ibrox. A comfortable win then turn our attention to the sheep fiddlers.

I hope the manager is right and I get proved wrong.
But our last 2 performances using 4-3-3 have been excellent, and the diamond when we tried it totally nullified our 3 main goal threat players in Morelos, Tavernier and Kent.
When we get our preferred system right with high tempo we just look suited to it. Aware we have dropped a lot of points using it, but we are now at the stage of the season when we play our best 11 in their best suited formation.
This looks to me like tinkering to fit in Defoe and Davis, neither of whom so far look ready to displace Candeais and Jack as key players for us.
Hopefully worrying about nothing as I worry we end up struggling today for an hour then changing back to usual to chase the game.

Back