Match Thread Rangers v St Mirren - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTv.tv

As a boy who grew up in the 70’s, his turn and touch today reminded me at times of Kenny Dalglish who was the master of it. I am excited by how good Alfie could become
He’s getting better and better. The flick that put him through near the end of the game was superb.

Well done the Teddies!!! Good solid shift from the team today. Never in danger and always a matter of how many after the early goal. As for the penalties. I thought all four were clear fouls (on the third, It seemed the initial contact might be outside the box, but his momentum took him into the box with the ball in contact with both arms)

Thought Defoe showed his worth to us today. He was always a threat, and credit to the captain sacrificing a hat trick to get Defoe the goal his play deserved

All in all a satisfactory days work. You can’t really complain about scoring four without reply albeit the opposition were weak.

Last edited:
Stick with the 4-4-2 at home but ditch the diamond imo.

Defoe and Morelos up top obviously. Kent and Candeias on the wings. A combination of McCrorie/Jack/Davis/Arfield through the middle.

Still think we should revert back to the 4-4-3 formation in tough away games (like sheep this week) but there is enough evidence that we can start to get back to a Walter-like formation change when playing ‘lesser’ teams at home

As for the game, Kent was brilliant, could have had a hat-tick himself. Defoe looks absolute quality, Davis was ok, struggled towards the end but showed enough to show he still has the class, Arfield off the ball was brilliant

Back